• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Thanks OP for posting this. Just got my hunting license tonight....anyone want to go hunting before the 1st?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    TTMD, thanks for alerting us of this online training option.

Got my card yesterday went in and added the real number and printed out a new Fishing/Hunting/MG Shooting License.

Mine arrived yesterday too (took the online test on 12/29/2013), so I also did the Maryland compass update. Debating whether to get the hunting license given that deer rifle season is over, but I guess it permits one to hunt other varmints with broader seasons (e.g. coyote) should the opportunity arise.

Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    Thanks OP, worked for me. I knew a lot of the material as my dad was an avid hunter when I was growing up. However, I learned a great deal through the course as well. Good visuals. Well worth the $18 for knowledge alone, as a bonus I can now purchase a hunting license!

Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    Took me about a solid 6-7 hrs. One day at work (that's with getting interrupted and having to do a little work here and there) could prolly split it up into a few evenings

Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    Correction, it may have taken me longer but I didn't skip ahead (which you could do if you wanted to speed up the process cause it was mostly common sense)

Yeah they charge up front, I think if you don't pass you can get your money back if I remember correctly. Or you can keep trying until you do. Something like that.

HazyDayz

Jul 17, 2014
    Washington County
    Correction, it may have taken me longer but I didn't skip ahead (which you could do if you wanted to speed up the process cause it was mostly common sense)

Yeah they charge up front, I think if you don't pass you can get your money back if I remember correctly. Or you can keep trying until you do. Something like that.
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

mouse4x4

Oct 11, 2009
    I took 15.00 course done in about 30 mins 10 quizs 1 regulation quiz and then 75 question test.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Bump. For hunting license use in any state, or as a support for HQL as pointed out by Nate in another thread.

cmb286

Mar 6, 2015
    It's awesome that you can go hunting with your son over Christmas Break and the MD will honor the TX course. My wife and I took the MD Hunter Safety Course last fall after we moved to MD. I lived in TX for a few years, and miss the respect they give to the discretion of hunters.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Hunting season's getting ready to take off, so I thought I'd bump this back up. Be safe out there!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Any options like this for the less than 17 crowd? My middle son wants to get a license this year and i'm not sure how i'm going to swing a field day

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom