• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Only carry law for Md I have seen is not within 1000 ft of a school. No alcohol to be consumed while carrying unless Leo. Obviously any where else that restricts, but are there any more laws?

Years ago I knew this LEO that carried when he was bar hopping and sometimes he would be known to shoot his gun into the sky when he left a few bars. I personally never seen him do it but his best friend would tell me about it.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Wow - talk about taking things to the extreme. There is nothing in the application process or permit law that states that I am required to answer questions to "explain the law" to anyone as a condition of getting my permit. Interesting that they would take that approach, seems like another bad failure point if challenged, to me (IANAL).

Trooper was hoping that someone could explain the laws to him. :D

Only carry law for Md I have seen is not within 1000 ft of a school. No alcohol to be consumed while carrying unless Leo. Obviously any where else that restricts, but are there any more laws?

I heard court house and airport's mentioned

MD has on school property 4-102, and Public Demonstrations 4-208. Airports and court houses are not mentioned.

It looks like carrying while under the influence 4-207 was repealed.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville

MD has on school property 4-102, and Public Demonstrations 4-208. Airports and court houses are not mentioned.

Forgot the demonstrations...

airports, courts, fed property has metal detectors and signs that say no firearms. I have mixed feelings about the alcohol, but good to know...

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Years ago when I was a member of the Lock Raven Skeet and Trap Club and one day after a shooting at the club I got into an accident. Baltimore County police responded. I had my shot gun laying across the backseat and one of the LEO's asked if it was mine. I told him that it was and then I asked him if it was OK to have it there? He looked right at me and told me that he did not know.

And it looked like he could not care less.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It looks like they're talking among themselves, and sharing ideas for interview questions.

It seems a few weeks ago, they were asking for list of the guns you own.

That one apparently has gone out of style.

Now they're quizzing applicants on laws.

Next month, it'll probably be something else.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    It looks like they're talking among themselves, and sharing ideas for interview questions.

It seems a few weeks ago, they were asking for list of the guns you own.

That one apparently has gone out of style.

Now they're quizzing applicants on laws.

Next month, it'll probably be something else.
    Hoping that mine goes:
    "What is your name?" OEH
    "What is your quest?" I seek the Holy Handgun Permit
    "What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?" What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
    "What? I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!"

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

The alcohol/drug prohibition moved to public safety article 5-314. Still a crime. Don't drink and carry

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Hoping that mine goes:
    "What is your name?" OEH
    "What is your quest?" I seek the Holy Handgun Permit
    "What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?" What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
    "What? I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!"

Or they may go with the more high tech questions like they will tell you their thinking of a number between 1 and 100 and you will have to tell them the number. Now if you gess a number that is within 20 of the number the troopers thinking you then get to pick between doors 1, 2, or 3.

If you get the door with the box with a question mark on it's side you will then have to guess the number of times the avarge cat thinks about mice on the 2nd Monday of each month between 10am and 2pm.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Forgot the demonstrations...

airports, courts, fed property has metal detectors and signs that say no firearms. I have mixed feelings about the alcohol, but good to know...

Say your out and about during the work day, shopping, or whatever. You have your CCW on you and a friend of yours gives you a call to meet him for a drink. Do you then have something like a lock box in your car to secure your gun so you can go and have that drink with your friends, or would you have to go home first?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Say your out and about during the work day, shopping, or whatever. You have your CCW on you and a friend of yours gives you a call to meet him for a drink. Do you then have something like a lock box in your car to secure your gun so you can go and have that drink with your friends, or would you have to go home first?

"A person who holds a permit may not wear, carry, or transport a handgun while the person is under the influence of alcohol or drugs". 5-314.

Speaker2Wolves

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2012
    "A person who holds a permit may not wear, carry, or transport a handgun while the person is under the influence of alcohol or drugs". 5-314.

You can't even drive under the influence, so the point (regarding transport) is moot.

Have your designated driver transport it, and you, home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom