A warning on carrying spring-assisted knives.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to heat up some coffee in my clock that occasionally cooks sh*t.

Hahahaha

that's just like the cheese grater. That's the positive name for it because if they called it by it's negative name no one would buy it.......sponge ruin-er.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    He has not been on since the morning of the 26th. So maybe he is??

They should change the law, and allow one phone call and one last post.

At this point I'm guessing the "unrelated to the knife" conversation wasn't completely benign like "excuse me officer, my cellphone died, can you please direct me to the nearest working phone booth?"

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hahaha thats what I have been saying...........BTW there is no law/right stating you get a phone call..........I actually almost never give phone calls, unless they are eligible for citation.

Hdgmedic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2011
    Lets review the Ohio ccw encounter: I agree the cop gets a little heavy in the end, but if you watch all 17 min. of it you will discover what provoked the response from the cop.

Guy with ccw middle of night parks at known intersection for prostitution-
    known prostitute is standing outside car with male aquaintence and ccw driver inside- cops roll up they know known prostitute (never good) also ask male aquintance "i know you", have I arrested you? (really not good) It sounds like a one point male aquintance gives fake name- ccw driver tells cops he is looking to find a sweeping truck for a job, since he is a laid of sweep truck operator- (guess he never heard of a phone) so he is riding around with known prostitute and aquintence while looking for said truck, but he just happens to be parked at an intersection known for prostitution with the female outside the vehicle--- "does this sound like most peoples normal saturday night??? then he tells the cop he knows her from when he drove cabs-- and he is giving them a ride somewhere-- story changes-- (so while giving them a ride looking for said sweeping truck, the known prostitute needed some air outside the car that just happened to be known for prostitution- wow- )

I will now break it down for you-- prostitute and her BF had no car needed ride to intersection for work-- CCW holder an "idiot" of epic proportions drove them there for 20% of nights profits and a blowjob/ (use of his car) People make choices all the time then you are the author of your own fate.. Most likely had "born to lose" tattoed on his arm. These are the people who can never figure out why they are behind the 8 ball and getting ****ed.. Oh and the cop said once or twice I am tired of seeing you out here" in reference to the prostitute, so if they are trying to clean the area up and you make a decision to drive her and hang out you most likely are going to have problems.. But people like him are to stupid to realize this..

What provoked the response from the Ohio officer was: (1) he was a total d@#chebag; (2) who didn't take the time to control the scene and; (3) his genius partner crawled around in the back of an unsecured vehicle with; (4) the driver sitting in the front seat; (4) who no one had taken the time to speak to/investigate/interview.

The CCWP holder (driver) attempted on multiple occasions to inform the officer of his status, but was talked over/shut down. It was pretty obvious when the doofus officer asked the driver ,"What is that you keep trying to give me?" in relationship to the driver trying to present his permit. Then later on, Ofc. Doofus states that he was never given the permit and didn't know where it was and proceeded to search the vehicle for it. All in the 17 minutes you refer to.

I guess Ofc. Doofus threatening to kill the CCWP holder must then make some sense, somehow. But, I guess that is somehow the fault of the CCWP holder because he was in the wrong part of town with the wrong people. :rolleyes:

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Hahaha thats what I have been saying...........BTW there is no law/right stating you get a phone call..........I actually almost never give phone calls, unless they are eligible for citation.

Are you sure?? 'cause I've watched a hell of a lot of TV in my day and the "one phone call" is a classic...:D

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    All you guys are so smart and I respect all the answers given in good faith. So, my conclusion is that I'm the dumb one since I am still confused ???

Can I carry any knife, except a Stiletto, or do I just stand there and fart ????? :shrug:

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Lets review the Ohio ccw encounter: I agree the cop gets a little heavy in the end, but if you watch all 17 min. of it you will discover what provoked the response from the cop.

Guy with ccw middle of night parks at known intersection for prostitution-
    known prostitute is standing outside car with male aquaintence and ccw driver inside- cops roll up they know known prostitute (never good) also ask male aquintance "i know you", have I arrested you? (really not good) It sounds like a one point male aquintance gives fake name- ccw driver tells cops he is looking to find a sweeping truck for a job, since he is a laid of sweep truck operator- (guess he never heard of a phone) so he is riding around with known prostitute and aquintence while looking for said truck, but he just happens to be parked at an intersection known for prostitution with the female outside the vehicle--- "does this sound like most peoples normal saturday night??? then he tells the cop he knows her from when he drove cabs-- and he is giving them a ride somewhere-- story changes-- (so while giving them a ride looking for said sweeping truck, the known prostitute needed some air outside the car that just happened to be known for prostitution- wow- )

I will now break it down for you-- prostitute and her BF had no car needed ride to intersection for work-- CCW holder an "idiot" of epic proportions drove them there for 20% of nights profits and a blowjob/ (use of his car) People make choices all the time then you are the author of your own fate.. Most likely had "born to lose" tattoed on his arm. These are the people who can never figure out why they are behind the 8 ball and getting ****ed.. Oh and the cop said once or twice I am tired of seeing you out here" in reference to the prostitute, so if they are trying to clean the area up and you make a decision to drive her and hang out you most likely are going to have problems.. But people like him are to stupid to realize this..

IDK how I missed this post in the first place I would have commented on it earlier lol...That Ohio situation was simply terrible; I don't think the Officer did one thing correct, except maybe turn his lights on and position his car correctly.

"Most likely had 'Born To lose' on his arm?" Is that a generalization because he is black, or because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time? That's a pretty bold post you made and it sounds like you are make accusations about things you have no clue what happened.

The Officer acted completely out of line...threatened to shoot him right there? Come on :rolleyes:

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    ..and other catch phrases.

With the budget crisis, are you still able to enroll for continuing education courses like "The Best of Jack Webb," to extend and improve your witty retorts and scathing monologues?

You throw a party and that badge gets in the way. All of a sudden there isn't a straight man in the crowd. Everybody's a comedian. "Don't drink too much," somebody says, "or the man with a badge'll run you in." Or "How's it going, Dick Tracy? How many jaywalkers did you pinch today?" And then there's always the one who wants to know how many apples you stole. (Written by Preston Wood)

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Slightly OT ...

I was on headed out of BWI a business trip last week when I realized in the security line that I had {by habit} slipped my spring-assisted knife into my pants. I showed it to one TSA employee and she referred me to her supervisor who handed me a blue baggie and a form for 'Mail It Home Safely with Airport Mailers, Inc."

It cost me $11.95 and the wait for return could be up to four weeks.

Has anyone else had to do this and did they ever get their folder back ? Also, is there a website where I could check status ? They have an e-mail address, but that tends to be a black hole from a customer service standpoint.

P.S. - no one has kicked down my door (yet), so I guess my 3" spring-assisted folder was considered legal.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I was on headed out of BWI a business trip last week when I realized in the security line that I had {by habit} slipped my spring-assisted knife into my pants. I showed it to one TSA employee and she referred me to her supervisor who handed me a blue baggie and a form for 'Mail It Home Safely with Airport Mailers, Inc."

It cost me $11.95 and the wait for return could be up to four weeks.

Has anyone else had to do this and did they ever get their folder back ? Also, is there a website where I could check status ? They have an e-mail address, but that tends to be a black hole from a customer service standpoint.

P.S. - no one has kicked down my door (yet), so I guess my 3" spring-assisted folder was considered legal.
    Maybe this site?

http://www.airportmailers.com/

For Customer Service, contact us at 336-497-4500

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Ull get it back Skippy don't u worry and if it makes you feel better I'm at terminal c8 right now and they took 34 rds of Winchester and are mailing it back to me......note to self no ammo loaded on mags on plane....good thing I had a full original box in travel safe

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Ull get it back Skippy don't u worry and if it makes you feel better I'm at terminal c8 right now and they took 34 rds of Winchester and are mailing it back to me......note to self no ammo loaded on mags on plane....good thing I had a full original box in travel safe

Now I feel better ...

I guess that carrying a brick of C4 would be a bad idea too. :innocent0:sarcasm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom