• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Ordered one. Last one I had this cheap was ICE Arms, which didn't exactly turn out so great, but I have faith PSA wouldn't be selling junk... we'll see.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Image1_zpsd8ec2bd0.jpg

Image2_zps61544cea.jpg

Image6_zpsdaef7197.jpg

Image4_zps469b7d21.jpg

Image5_zps534459fe.jpg

Image3_zpsf3c7a868.jpg

One of the only problems I see with this BCG are the horrible tool marks on the surface of the bolt carrier. It may not bother some but it bugs the hell out of me. The photos don't do it justice; they are the worst I have ever seen on a BCG. I think what bothers me the most is that the worst of the tool marks are on the area visible through the ejection port. Oh and before someone tries to convince me that it's the NIB coating making the tool marks more visible. I have NIB BCG's from Spikes, Fail Zero, WMD and none of them look like this. Hell I even have one from R-Guns that looks 10X better than this. I am sure that the BCG will function fine, it feels just as slick as all my other NIB BCG's but for me this is a swing and a miss by PSA. Spend the extra money and get some of the brands I mentioned before. I think I am sending this one back.

Update: No one else is having this issue, they posted picks below and they look great. It looks like I just got a bad one. I also wanted to say that PSA totally took care of my issues. They even sent me a shipping label for return. Great custom service

Last edited:

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Image1_zpsd8ec2bd0.jpg

Image2_zps61544cea.jpg

Image6_zpsdaef7197.jpg

Image4_zps469b7d21.jpg

Image5_zps534459fe.jpg

Image3_zpsf3c7a868.jpg

One of the only problems I see with this BCG are the horrible tool marks on the surface of the bolt carrier. It may not bother some but it bugs the hell out of me. The photos don't do it justice; they are the worst I have ever seen on a BCG. I think what bothers me the most is that the worst of the tool marks are on the area visible through the ejection port. Oh and before someone tries to convince me that it's the NIB coating making the tool marks more visible. I have NIB BCG's from Spikes, Fail Zero, WMD and none of them look like this. Hell I even have one from R-Guns that looks 10X better than this. I am sure that the BCG will function fine, it feels just as slick as all my other NIB BCG's but for me this is a swing and a miss by PSA. Spend the extra money and get some of the brands I mentioned before. I think I am sending this one back.

Respectfully, if it functions fine, I don't care about tool marks.
    What I noticed from your pics that I liked was the scribed testing proof on the bolt. If I spent 2x the money, I might expect a piece of machining art. If the one they sent me doesn't function, I'm with you, PSA can have it back

olddawg

Feb 3, 2011
    Harford County
    Mine came and had no tool marks. Looks as good as my Joe Bobs. Luck of the draw I guess. Still a really good deal IMHO. Sorry you didn't get a good one Decoy.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Damn I guess I just got a bad one. I also wanted to say that PSA totally took care of my issues. They even sent me a shipping label for return. Great custom service :thumbsup:

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I'm not going to name any names because he already knows who he is.

Anywho, I got a NiB BCG from someone and it was the worst NiB job I've ever seen. Thick in some areas and thinner in others. Tool marks all over the thing and tumbling media all inside the gas key fasteners.

That was the last NiB BCG I purchased and probably will be the last. As long as their in stock, I'll pay extra for a BCM.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    I'm not going to name any names because he already knows who he is.

Anywho, I got a NiB BCG from someone and it was the worst NiB job I've ever seen. Thick in some areas and thinner in others. Tool marks all over the thing and tumbling media all inside the gas key fasteners.

That was the last NiB BCG I purchased and probably will be the last. As long as their in stock, I'll pay extra for a BCM.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

I had the same issue and that NiB coating is BS. Carbon needs to be scrapped off the bolt to get it cleaned. Brush and clp doesn't cut it. I had to replace the McFarland gas rings that came with it with less than 500 rounds. It is so loose that if I stand the bcg with the bolt on top, it slides back to the carrier. I lubed the rings since brand new.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Got mine, there are a few odd tool marks. Frankly Id call it a blem but nothing that should keep it from functioning.

Not near as bad as the post above.

Good enough for the $$$s and its a spare for me.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I had the same issue and that NiB coating is BS. Carbon needs to be scrapped off the bolt to get it cleaned. Brush and clp doesn't cut it. I had to replace the McFarland gas rings that came with it with less than 500 rounds. It is so loose that if I stand the bcg with the bolt on top, it slides back to the carrier. I lubed the rings since brand new.

Damn....That's not good....So much for those "upgraded gas rings" uh?

I kept the phosphate coated BCG I got from him.

I have about 500 through mine now and it's almost that loose but not quite. I'll probably change them up before I take her out next.

Hopefully those 9310 bolts last man. I know 9310 has the potential to be more durable than C158 but the heat treating on it is very temperamental. It needs to be perfect. I might just end up buying a new bolt for it before something happens. Hell, I'll probably replace the whole thing because the staking on the gas key fasteners sucks too. Not to mention, they are made in Taiwan fasteners as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom