• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Yeah ive watched a bunch of them over the past few days as long as I have the right sized bits ill be ok my friend has drills and dremmels I can use

Speaking from personal experience, I would advise against dremels. The back pocket where the fire selector goes is extremely to mess up free handing. There is a hole where the denet comes up from the grip that is easy to dremel into. I am going to have to epoxy mine up and work with a lot. 100 mistake pretty much. The jig that they sell with the billet and Cyclone has would have been nice. The one I got from EP also had raised instead of ressceset holes for the fire selector, hammer, and trigger pins. It was easy for the bit to walk with the raised areas. Again, I would advise against a dremel. Use a mill bit on a drill press and walking up the holes.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Speaking from personal experience, I would advise against dremels. The back pocket where the fire selector goes is extremely to mess up free handing. There is a hole where the denet comes up from the grip that is easy to dremel into. I am going to have to epoxy mine up and work with a lot. 100 mistake pretty much. The jig that they sell with the billet and Cyclone has would have been nice. The one I got from EP also had raised instead of ressceset holes for the fire selector, hammer, and trigger pins. It was easy for the bit to walk with the raised areas. Again, I would advise against a dremel. Use a mill bit on a drill press and walking up the holes.
    :thumbsup: exactly, the only good thing about the dremel is when all is done use it for finishing touch for smoothness and minute details ..:party29:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    You did a fantastic job their Cyclone. I hope mine turn out as nice. You mentioned you were selling your finishing rig.....what r u including with it?

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    What sizes drill bits are you guys using to drill the holes on the sides?

Hammer and Trigger Pins are 5/32 and Fire Selector is 3/8ths.

From the EPLOWERS.COM site ....

Mandatory items you'll need:

~Drill press, 3/8" or smaller end mill , 5/32 drill bit for the hammer/trigger pins, 3/8 drill bit for the selector, C-Clamps , Dremel tool with a variety of cutter bits and sanding bits , Files , Sandpaper , Level, Safety glasses , Gloves and of course some patience.

Optional items that will help:

Drill press table with X & Y axis (available from Harbor Freight Tools)

Disclaimer––Proceed at your own risk... you can get hurt if you don't follow all safety procedures when working with power and hand tools.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    That's a good looking lower
    Thanks

How do you know what part of the trigger hole to drill out? The black nub on mine is a small square, whereas the hole you have looks oblong.
    Once you punch the black nub that is the center of the oblong part, so you can just enlarge it from side to side. I just eye ball it...

What sizes drill bits are you guys using to drill the holes on the sides?
    5/32 for pins, 3/8 for the selector...

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    Mine just shipped im stocked now I better buy some mags.

do you guys like magpuls.

I found some cheap steel ones for the same price do you guys suggest one over the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom