• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    There is an ongoing problem that has perpetuated within the 2A community. Everyone complains about the problems, but don't want to step up to the plate and actually do something about it. It seems that everyone wants someone else to do their lifting. Unfortunately, those "someone else" tends to be 15-20 people doing the heavy lifting.

So, if you feel PASSIONATE about your 2A rights, I ask you. What are you wiling to do to change things?

Very serious question (while there may be alcohol behind the beginning of this post, the thought is the same)

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'll go to Annapolis again this year and testify before either the House or Senate Judiciary committee. I'll present sensible arguments about why me and my fellow law abiding citizens should be allowed to conceal carry. And again, nothing will change.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Dont' see that many at pro and anti gun rally giving the war cry. Need to get them to join the NRA, MSI, etc. Educate the youth and get them involved. My 10yo grandson came over and told him that guns were bad. He said that his father's(sworn police officer) and grandfather (a firearms instructor/idpa competitor) had good guns. The teacher told him he was wrong and the world be better off without gun altogether. Need to get more youth into hunters safety courses. Get 21yos to purchase firearms and get them shooters. Have tables at fairs offering to take new shooters out to the range. Let me know if you can think of anything else and yes I will help.[/U]

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'll respond more cogently when I get a chance tomorrow, but for now I'll just rephrase what I've said before...

This is all about what pressure can be brought to bear by the individuals, and get the attention of those who believe they are our 'keepers'.

Folks who believe that others will look out for them are, IMO, the biggest problem. If we motivate those people, this state falls. Seriously. The thousands we are proud to have mobilized in Analpolis would easily become TENS of thousands, statewide.

What's missing?? Leaders who are willing to spread the word, honestly and without fear.

Dont' see that many at pro and anti gun rally giving the war cry. Need to get them to join the NRA, MSI, etc. Educate the youth and get them involved. My 10yo grandson came over and told him that guns were bad. He said that his father's(sworn police officer) and grandfather (a firearms instructor/idpa competitor) had good guns. The teacher told him he was wrong and the world be better off without gun altogether. Need to get more youth into hunters safety courses. Get 21yos to purchase firearms and get them shooters. Have tables at fairs offering to take new shooters out to the range. Let me know if you can think of anything else and yes I will help.[/U]

:thumbsup:
    Being self employed and a one man show,this is pretty much all I can do.

I'm more then willing to make it to 2A Tuesday,volunteer at a show with MSI,attend FoNRA,etc. but it's just not possible sometimes so I try to inform people I encounter.

Mr H

Banana'd

I'm more then willing to make it to 2A Tuesday,volunteer at a show with MSI,attend FoNRA,etc. but it's just not possible sometimes so I try to inform people I encounter.

There is so much more, my friend, that you could do...

Just talk to people, and lay out honest information about where we would go, if not for the people fighting for the Right.

Without voices??? We are silent.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Sans alcohol...

Folks should be willing to do what ever actually helps the cause without...

--Violating laws...
    --Offending and alienating other people to the cause...
    --Scaring the cow pies and barn biscuits out of the general uneducated population...
    --Brining attention to oneself instead of the cause of the furtherance of the true message of the 2A Community...
    --Hurting ones own self and or family/friends in the process...

The fact is that it is not easy. The anti-gunners have been at this since before the greatest anti-gun propaganda film ever made was first introduced to the children of America in the most innocent and tear jerking fashion in 1942. It taught children just how horribly mean and nasty their fathers were for going out and killing Bambi's mother. They have our children's eyes and ears... And most of us don't even think twice about it... Watch the children's films WITH your children and see just how the man with the gun is portrayed... Odds are YOU won't like the mope with the gun either... But think about how it looks to a child... a young emotionally influenced innocent child, who is watching the "terrible hunter kill that poor innocent little animal"...

One recent offering is an animated movie about a turkey who gets into a time machine and goes back in time to keep the Pilgrims from starting the tradition of eating turkey for Thanksgiving... Innocent enough to watch... right??? Until you realize that they are teaching your child to HATE you for cooking that turkey tomorrow.

Think about it... :cool:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

We all do what we can. Some more than others. Nobody's going to judge you for what you do. That's community. Self- and mutual support, and bringing in new members as you can.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Vote, and deprogram my kids of public school "guns are bad" mantra. My girl (10yo) and I are going shooting again next week.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    A logical argument with a non gun owner will only go so far. Whenever I talk with a non gun owner about guns I always bring up the Baltimore Uprising.

Our enemies never let a tragedy go to waste, neither should we.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    As a Hunter Safety Instructor, I along with the team I teach with at Balto. Co. Game & Fish we run about 300 new hunters every year. Most being either kids or women getting their first real training in firearms and safety. They are the future of firearm ownership and use in the USA. The more we as a group promote the better off we will be in the long run. They are either soon to be voters or voters with a new view of firearms and their use. Understanding that it's the person and not the gun that's evil. Chris

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    How about mentoring new hunters? It's hard for an individual guy to get started. I just read books and watched YT vids...but then again, I haven't had much success.

My son and I took the hunters safety course 20 months ago. Haven't had any luck with anyone following through on helping me out and I'm not into aimlessly wandering the woods, so...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    How about mentoring new hunters? It's hard for an individual guy to get started. I just read books and watched YT vids...but then again, I haven't had much success.

That's a great idea! I remember when I was just a pup in NYC a couple of local gun club members sent some of us through Hunter Safety and then took us deer hunting about 75 miles or so upstate.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    I've introduced about 10 people to firearms, starting with 22s and working up. I keep politics at a minimum except when they ask if they can buy an AR like mine or sonething and I explain the confusing laws. It is wonderful when I see the light bulb go on in their heads and then I show then the "barrel shroud is the thing on the shoulder that good up video" and I know I introduced a thought into their minds.

And I give money

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom