• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Haha! Wouldn't that be nice!

You can petition to the Circuit Court for writ of mandamus, i.e. an order compelling the Board to comply with the statute and provide a hearing. That's what CharlieFoxTrot had to do. :sad20:

Having observed first-hand the newly comprised Board over the last several months, I do believe there is now a concerted effort to clear the back log and gets reviews and hearings completed. Member Wilson made clear that was a new priority during the last meeting.

I am beyond 90 days, but will give the Board a chance before petitioning the circuit court for a writ. CharlieFoxTrot apparently found that necessary with the prior entrenched Members, where as the new Members' efforts to implement improvements strike me as genuine. I'll try to be patient.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I think the same thing already happens in Maryland...I've read the statue many times and while it may be implied or assumed, it never actually states the HPRB MUST honor your request.

Reading post #38 , I find no right to a hearing. The DC code is spelled out more to that fact.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I am beyond 90 days, but will give the Board a chance before petitioning the circuit court for a writ. CharlieFoxTrot apparently found that necessary with the prior entrenched Members, where as the new Members' efforts to implement improvements strike me as genuine. I'll try to be patient.

I understand. I don't plan on giving them any further chance than what they need.

These timelines are downright insane. 10 days to get back to us or your fvcked, then we MIGHT move along here and do something?

Nah.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I understand. I don't plan on giving them any further chance than what they need.

These timelines are downright insane. 10 days to get back to us or your fvcked, then we MIGHT move along here and do something?

Nah.

The time limitations are a one way street for sure.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Nah.

The time limitations are a one way street for sure.

Haha! Wouldn't that be nice!

You can petition to the Circuit Court for writ of mandamus, i.e. an order compelling the Board to comply with the statute and provide a hearing. That's what CharlieFoxTrot had to do. :sad20:

Having observed first-hand the newly comprised Board over the last several months, I do believe there is now a concerted effort to clear the back log and gets reviews and hearings completed. Member Wilson made clear that was a new priority during the last meeting.

I agree with all of this.

Gryphon, if you are outside of the timelines, I would pursue any legal avenue you have. I don't think the board would take it personally. All incidences of non-compliance by the board(chairman Thomas) and MSP must be documented, filed and dealt with in every legal manner. It is one think to send a notice and explain that they are backed up and you may be more than 90 days out, it is another to just ignore requests for information, postpone responses and to just act like nothing is wrong.

ANYONE WITH A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH ANY MSP EMPLOYEE SHOULD FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE INTERNAL AFFAIRS UNIT!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Anyone who appealed the MSP decision and requested a hearing and either never heard back from the HPRB or was told their review was conducted, you need to contact the HPRB admin and request the minutes from the meeting showing when the decision was voted on to deny a hearing and conduct a review.

Amanda Street - HPRB admin
    astreet@dpscs.state.md.us
    410-339-5010

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Bro, do yourself a favor and block him. At some point he will leave as everyone ignored him.

:lol: you obviously don't know me.....

Hubert Humphrey once said......Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.

Electing to ignore those with a dissenting views says way more about you than it does about the folks you are ignoring..........

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Someone who has admitted to have no interest in obtaining a permit and no interest in fighting for other's rights sure does post a lot in the threads dedicated to permits and changing the system.
    Some people are just so empty and lack purpose that they have to try and spread their misery to others.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Someone who has admitted to have no interest in obtaining a permit and no interest in fighting for other's rights sure does post a lot in the threads dedicated to permits and changing the system.
    Some people are just so empty and lack purpose that they have to try and spread their misery to others.

and your assumptions I don't fight for other's rights is based on what?

The real misery is watching a couple of people try and convince others that Maryland will become a true shall issue state via every other week visits to the ghetto.......just a mile or so from last night's shootout....

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    and your assumptions I don't fight for other's rights is based on what?

The real misery is watching a couple of people try and convince others that Maryland will become a true shall issue state via every other week visits to the ghetto.......just a mile or so from last night's shootout....

I am politely asking that you just move along and ignore my threads. I am trying to be as cordial and polite as possible, but your comments have added nothing positive or beneficial to the discussions.

Last edited:

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I am politely asking that you just move along and ignore my threads. I am trying to be as cordial and polite as possible, but your comments have added nothing positive or beneficial to the discussions.

I believe my comments to be quite beneficial...want to make sure newbies wandering by know there really are no magic bullets and riling up the MSP and the HPRB will bite all Maryland gun owners in the butt......I probably will not be moving along and will continue to spread my message.....

Buck1986

Apr 7, 2014
    Still waiting as well....

Requested October 7th and have heard nothing either way....Amanda Street either isn't checking her email or gets too many.

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    I believe my comments to be quite beneficial...want to make sure newbies wandering by know there really are no magic bullets and riling up the MSP and the HPRB will bite all Maryland gun owners in the butt......I probably will not be moving along and will continue to spread my message.....

Riling up and holding accountable are two different things. Behind the walls of the Maryland State Police Licensing Division and the Department of Public Safety, there are constant battles and fires that need to be put out. Government employees are constantly having their priorities realigned to meet the demands of someone who has been found to have a more worthy battle. It is only due to the constant interaction of the well educated citizens who repeatedly demand that these government employees follow the proper guidelines they are asked to administer that we find changes. The smallest change when it comes to this process is good. We have seen that there is a significant change in the Maryland Handgun Permitting scheme that has developed at the hands of the Handgun Permit Review Board. They have been off to a slow start but there is more than a strong indication that Maryland's permitting scheme is about to change for the good of the citizens. The Board has repeatedly overturned the MSP decisions. this is a strong change from the previous 8 years. I am confident that this will soon result in significant policy changes within the Department of State Police. Having been a State Police commander, I personally understand that my attention was easily diverted from non life threatening issues; issues that really required my constant intervention until a successful closure. It was more often than not that a formal letter or formal inquiry from multiple sources caused me to redirect my focus back to completing the task I was given. (A good leader readily accepts a good ass kicking and responds by improving or correcting) I think Montoya has been extremely successful at opening the eyes of those who are trying to navigate through this complicated process. He has given up information about his personal developments for the sake of others. He's not getting paid. He's not getting any special treatment. He is trying his best to improve the process. Will he make a few people unhappy? Perhaps. But if upsetting a government employee creates a backlash for gun owners, then we need to work even harder to remove that government employee from their position and respond to that backlash. There is a significant fight going on. Not everything is communicated on this forum daily. But my hat is off to men and women who take on this fight. I value dissenting opinions. But they must hold value. Please offer your solutions. I am open to hearing what your ideas for improving this process are under the current political climate.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Riling up and holding accountable are two different things. Behind the walls of the Maryland State Police Licensing Division and the Department of Public Safety, there are constant battles and fires that need to be put out. Government employees are constantly having their priorities realigned to meet the demands of someone who has been found to have a more worthy battle. It is only due to the constant interaction of the well educated citizens who repeatedly demand that these government employees follow the proper guidelines they are asked to administer that we find changes. The smallest change when it comes to this process is good. We have seen that there is a significant change in the Maryland Handgun Permitting scheme that has developed at the hands of the Handgun Permit Review Board. They have been off to a slow start but there is more than a strong indication that Maryland's permitting scheme is about to change for the good of the citizens. The Board has repeatedly overturned the MSP decisions. this is a strong change from the previous 8 years. I am confident that this will soon result in significant policy changes within the Department of State Police. Having been a State Police commander, I personally understand that my attention was easily diverted from non life threatening issues; issues that really required my constant intervention until a successful closure. It was more often than not that a formal letter or formal inquiry from multiple sources caused me to redirect my focus back to completing the task I was given. (A good leader readily accepts a good ass kicking and responds by improving or correcting) I think Montoya has been extremely successful at opening the eyes of those who are trying to navigate through this complicated process. He has given up information about his personal developments for the sake of others. He's not getting paid. He's not getting any special treatment. He is trying his best to improve the process. Will he make a few people unhappy? Perhaps. But if upsetting a government employee creates a backlash for gun owners, then we need to work even harder to remove that government employee from their position and respond to that backlash. There is a significant fight going on. Not everything is communicated on this forum daily. But my hat is off to men and women who take on this fight. I value dissenting opinions. But they must hold value. Please offer your solutions. I am open to hearing what your ideas for improving this process are under the current political climate.

:thumbsup:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    1536.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member