• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Well, it's been a flurry of Permit activity @ Casa de Mintzer, the last few days...

I walked in the door this evening and was greeted with a letter from the MD State Licensing Division. I had submitted my Carry Permit renewal last month the 8th or 9th...).

I carefully fondled the envelope and felt a credit card size object inside! Could it be? That soon?

Eureka! Permit renewed!!! In only 5 weeks!

When applying, I asked that the banking restrictions be removed from my permit, giving the same reasons I gave to DC. House calls, Rx pad, Medical bag with samples, etc...

It worked... Kinda'...

My old permit had the following restrictions: Valid only between residence and "My Business", or while actively involved in financial business purposes as a Physician for same.

The new permit states: Valid only while conducting business as Owner of James H Mintzer Solo Physician Practice.

So, I guess it's a -little- better... One day, we'll live in America...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I just got off the phone with the Licensing Division, Sgt. Knaub answered the phone so apparently he is still around, and if anyone who has a permit wants to have the restrictions changed to the new wording just send in a request letter, check or money order for $10 and another passport photo.

And congrats on the renewal, OP!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Did permit renewals get a price reduction like many of the other state licenses?
    :sad20:
    Certain categories of licenses require fee change approval from the General Assembly like home improvement contractor licenses, insurance licenses, etc. Unfortunately Hogan couldn't fix those on his own.
    Obviously this also did not impact licenses issued by the Maryland State Police such as alarm systems technicians, private detectives, and security guards

RK23

Jan 21, 2010
    Congrats, 5 weeks was fast.
    My renewal was sent in 6 weeks ago but still no news.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My renewal was received on Friday according to my sig confirmation with USPS.

They have 58 calendar days according to my count. I send no financial information (at all), only my professional license, corporate charters for two businesses and the public records showing I own multiple rental units.

Wonder how much of a cluster ef this could turn in to?

I was one of the "365", when they send out the "shit or get off the pot" letters I flooded them with documentation. I mean, COVERED them with dumb shit, receipts for my wife's wedding band(s), my watch, bank statements, all kinds of useless ********.

I got my permit (original) in the mail in 7 days, I mean, 7 calendar days FLAT from the time I walked out to my mailbox to mail off the huge packet of documentation till the permit was in my mailbox. Goes to show, they can move expeditiously when they want to.

We shall see.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    My renewal was received on Friday according to my sig confirmation with USPS.

They have 58 calendar days according to my count. I send no financial information (at all), only my professional license, corporate charters for two businesses and the public records showing I own multiple rental units.

Wonder how much of a cluster ef this could turn in to?

I was one of the "365", when they send out the "shit or get off the pot" letters I flooded them with documentation. I mean, COVERED them with dumb shit, receipts for my wife's wedding band(s), my watch, bank statements, all kinds of useless ********.

I got my permit in the mail in 7 days, I mean, 7 calendar days FLAT from the time I walked out to my mailbox to mail off the huge packet of documentation till the permit was in my mailbox. Goes to show, they can move expeditiously when they want to.

We shall see.

:lol:

Just dump a file the size of War & Peace on them and they say F it.. here ya go.. :lol2:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    :lol:

Just dump a file the size of War & Peace on them and they say F it.. here ya go.. :lol2:

That was the plan, you want documents? Hell with it, have at it. I already signed over my medical records, what do I care if they know what I spend on coffee and Twix PB at Wawa.

This time could get interesting. One based on the time frame ("supposed to give them 4 months or whatever), two on the lack of total fvcks given about documentation. I'm tired of the inconsistencies in what they require from case to case. We're going to start from almost zero and see where they lead me.

I've read and heard enough. Its like the old PSA, "I learned it by watching you":

[YT]Y-Elr5K2Vuo[/YT]

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    That was the plan, you want documents? Hell with it, have at it. I already signed over my medical records, what do I care if they know what I spend on coffee and Twix PB at Wawa.

This time could get interesting. One based on the time frame ("supposed to give them 4 months or whatever), two on the lack of total fvcks given about documentation. I'm tired of the inconsistencies in what they require from case to case. We're going to start from almost zero and see where they lead me.

It was probably the receipts from Dunkin or Krispy Kreme that got you the permit :D

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Could be.

Oh, I sent them a copy of my "Designated Collector" status letter too,.... you know, so they can see I'm "designated" and all......

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Coming up on the 60 day mark. I never got a letter that a CJIS search was initiated, no word of any kind so far on my renewal.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Coming up on the 60 day mark. I never got a letter that a CJIS search was initiated, no word of any kind so far on my renewal.

scooby.jpg~c200

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'll bring my newly expired permit on the 1st. We can play the "will I get locked up carrying in THIS situation" game while sitting like dicks waiting in the closed portion of the meeting.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'll bring my newly expired permit on the 1st. We can play the "will I get locked up carrying in THIS situation" game while sitting like dicks waiting in the closed portion of the meeting.

Carry one in and find out! :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom