• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    You do NOT need the HQL for replacing the firearm or getting it repaired. PM me and we can talk, but you will not need an HQL for the Taurus.

I'm not sure about that since he's saying the frame iscracked.
    Wouldn't Taurus have to replace the frame thus requiring it to be regerstered as basically a new firearm since it won't be the same serial number, I'm not really sure and hopefully for the OP I'm wrong.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Nope. Will use my C&R if I decide to add to my solitary pistol. I swore an oath to uphold and defend the COTUS, which this law infringes upon.

bmorewineguy

Sep 29, 2013
    Edgewater
    I'm not sure about that since he's saying the frame iscracked.
    Wouldn't Taurus have to replace the frame thus requiring it to be regerstered as basically a new firearm since it won't be the same serial number, I'm not really sure and hopefully for the OP I'm wrong.

I'm not the OP and sorry for hijacking but that is what I'm thinking. They are going to replace the firearm and the new one will have a new serial number and thus have to be registered as a new firearm thus the need for and HQL.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Mine was issued..

on December 15 th

1791 if I am still in this Sh!thole when I need another pistol I will get on the black market

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    I don't have a HQL yet, but I will get around to getting my prints done soon and then I will go ahead and get it. The chance to Support a local FFL out weighs the MD bs

Nu

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I'll be the odd man out. I have my HQL. I am not happy about it but I am not going to bite off my nose to spite my face. I will not be in the position to move out of the state for many years. There are many handguns that I still want. If I don't get them, O'Malley wins.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Free HQL classes

I haven't gotten mine either but I do teach the class for free once a month in protest of the law for those that want to buy a handgun and don't qualify for the exemption. PM me if anyone needs the class.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Not to hijack or poo poo, but what if the law is not repealed? Then you have banned yourself. It sucks, but, no HQL, no new handgun happiness... :sad20:

BTW... I do have mine and like Mooseman said, I won't be cutting off my nose either.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'll be the odd man out. I have my HQL. I am not happy about it but I am not going to bite off my nose to spite my face. I will not be in the position to move out of the state for many years. There are many handguns that I still want. If I don't get them, O'Malley wins.

^ me too for same reasons. Exiting MD and its ****ed up laws is my long term strategy, but I'll keep my job and be close to family for a few more years before I exit. Want to be here to see my nephews grad high school and for my aging mom.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    619dd8240635dd52b1859b76d978faa8.jpg

IjustCantAim

Jan 20, 2010
    I buy all mine out of the trunk of a car in Baltimore. The nice man I deal with said I don't need a hql....what are these silly laws you speak of.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom