• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dear Jack
    Under the Maryland Constitution the only way the AG can be removed is,"who shall hold his office for four years from the time of his election and qualification, and until his successor is elected and qualified, and shall be re-eligible thereto, and shall be subject to removal for incompetency, willful neglect of duty or misdemeanor in office, on conviction in a Court of Law (amended by Chapter 99, Acts of 1956, ratified Nov. 6, 1956)." What if Hogan orders the the AG to investigate MSP Lic section for Them requiring the "extra paperwork" in providing a G&S reason when under MD law and COMAR when their is no requirement for them to do so, and he refuses to do so, then wouldn't that make it willful neglect of duty???? and as such Frost can be removed?

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I got notified that I am tentatively on the schedule for the HPRB for the second meeting in January. This will put me at the 120 day mark since appealing.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Is 10 days the total time to file for modification of restrictions?

My permit was mailed on 11/5 but didin't get in my hands until this past Friday to due gross incompetence on the part of the MSP.

I emailed three times and finally spoke to a live person who confirmed my new address (moved after app).

They mailed it to my old address.

Is my time already out?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Is 10 days the total time to file for modification of restrictions?

My permit was mailed on 11/5 but didin't get in my hands until this past Friday to due gross incompetence on the part of the MSP.

I emailed three times and finally spoke to a live person who confirmed my new address (moved after app).

They mailed it to my old address.

Is my time already out?
    If you are willing to pay the $10 you can file for a modification of restrictions at any time.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Ah, good. I thought I read somewhere there was a time limit.

There is a time limit(10 days from receipt) to appeal issuance conditions or denial. Modification is for the change of an already issued permit and can be done at any time like Boundless said.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Thanks for the clarification. I read so much and the rules/regs can be confusing sometimes.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    ALWAYS document your conversations with MSP and the HPRB in writing and keep copies of everything you send.

Both agencies have a habit of mailing dated letters up to 10 days after they are written, losing paperwork as often as 30% of the time as well as other shenanigans.

If you don't communicate by USPS first class mail (return receipt requested) use FedEx or UPS ground.

If you communicate by phone, send a follow up memorandum of conversation.

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    Recently according to the Dec 1 HPRB meeting thread the admin. Ms. Street has been doing the deciding on hearings vs reviews. The board seems to have taken her to task for that. I wonder how many times that happened in the past?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Recently according to the Dec 1 HPRB meeting thread the admin. Ms. Street has been doing the deciding on hearings vs reviews. The board seems to have taken her to task for that. I wonder how many times that happened in the past?

We don't know that to be fact. It could have been leftovers from the old Chairman who apparently decided who got what.

Definitely an interesting dust up between the new Chairman and Ms. Street....

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I guess I'm confused on the power the admin possess in this capacity. Seems backwards to me, the chair should be directing what they admin does or doesn't do,...... no?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I guess I'm confused on the power the admin possess in this capacity. Seems backwards to me, the chair should be directing what they admin does or doesn't do,...... no?

You are correct. She is an admin, assistant, secretary, not a decision making or party to the process.

When asked why a case was scheduled for a review, her response was, "Isn't it obvious." I found that strange. For someone who is basically a facilitator and paper pusher, why would she be knowledgable of any case except for the info she is given and told what to do with it. Is she a sworn employee? Has she had a background check? She has access to everyone's info including SS#, address and all info for the references. From her conduct at meetings and her lack of respect she has shown for the new chairman and the process by sitting and texting on her phone, you would think she does not pay attention to the cases she is in charge of preparing. She is to compile the documents, not interpret the cases. Makes you think long and hard about who has access to what.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Mr. Neverdon looked in to my case and confirmed tit was erroneously handled without my being properly notified of such. It is my opinion this was an administrative error as opposed to an intentional deprivation of my due process rights. That said, any others who have not heard from the HPRB should be in frequent contact to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to them.

I am happy to report the HPRB is correcting the issue and will be granting me a second go. I will obviously be in close communication with their office until my date is confirmed. Observing Tim's appeal this week gave me some good ideas.

For the record my initial application was submitted in March 2015, so based on the current backlog it would not surprise me if my hearing does not happen until February. Let's hope i don't break the one year barrier.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Mr. Neverdon looked in to my case and confirmed tit was erroneously handled without my being properly notified of such. It is my opinion this was an administrative error as opposed to an intentional deprivation of my due process rights. That said, any others who have not heard from the HPRB should be in frequent contact to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to them.

I am happy to report the HPRB is correcting the issue and will be granting me a second go. I will obviously be in close communication with their office until my date is confirmed. Observing Tim's appeal this week gave me some good ideas.

For the record my initial application was submitted in March 2015, so based on the current backlog it would not surprise me if my hearing does not happen until February. Let's hope i don't break the one year barrier.

Good for you and good luck. Let us all know when your hearing is.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    A year start to (maybe) finish.... that's not too bad.

PA is about a week, FL is 30 days start to finish.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Huh. Bet he stays away much longer than a month.......

winner.gif

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Honest question: FA2013 for the first time made carry outside permit restrictions a crime. It's a misdemeanor, yes, but max penalty is >2 years so functionally, what difference does it make if it were called a felony, since as it stands now it is already a lifetime, federal prohibition on ever touching a gun again.

Well lr can't be right otherwise.

:innocent0

Plus Frosh gets his name in the papers.

It does give us another facial challenge someday..maybe..but no money..

Bottom line no impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom