Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    f7d7e95437a06f9e1d508fcad6a5051f4f6f58667d652b95f40f2b9acc33d323.jpg

Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    Well, now our voices are being censored on the Governor's Facebook page...

In this post on his wall there were some 250 comments asking him to take action to ensure Marylanders can get permits to carry weapons for self defense. Nearly all of them have now been purged (you only see about 50 out of 300+ comments even after clicking "show more comments").

:sad20:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Well, now our voices are being censored on the Governor's Facebook page...

In this post on his wall there were some 250 comments asking him to take action to ensure Marylanders can get permits to carry weapons for self defense. Nearly all of them have now been purged (you only see about 50 out of 300+ comments even after clicking "show more comments").

:sad20:

Interesting. I threw a comment up there. Let's see what happens to it...
    Shame you can't get notifications about the exact time when your post is deleted.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Mine is still there.

"Saddened by all of this for sure and prayers for the victims, but when are MD residents going to be able to protect ourselves and our families? When seconds count, the police are minutes away. Time for G&S to equal Constitutional Carry".

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Interesting. I threw a comment up there. Let's see what happens to it...
    Shame you can't get notifications about the exact time when your post is deleted.

You know posting there doesn't increase your post count here don't you? :D On second thought, maybe if you post there as much as here . . . :innocent0

Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    Mine is still there.

"Saddened by all of this for sure and prayers for the victims, but when are MD residents going to be able to protect ourselves and our families? When seconds count, the police are minutes away. Time for G&S to equal Constitutional Carry".

I don't see that there at all... From looking using a different facebook account, it seems you may only be able to see your own post, and those of your friends (the other user can't see a post made by my FB friend, but I can see it from my account).

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I don't see that there at all... From looking using a different facebook account, it seems you may only be able to see your own post, and those of your friends (the other user can't see a post made by my FB friend, but I can see it from my account).

Yeah I don't see many Pro 2A postings there either. I'm sure the Governor's staff has caught on and is locking it all up.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I'm actually looking at Don Pollock's post on Larry's face book page. It actually looks like they edited his post. LMAO. You can kind of read where he is trying to talk about how he had an out of state carry permit accepted in 42+ states. But the little teeny boppers on Hogans facebook page seem to have silenced that nonsense. ;)

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I'm actually looking at Don Pollock's post on Larry's face book page. It actually looks like they edited his post. LMAO. You can kind of read where he is trying to talk about how he had an out of state carry permit accepted in 42+ states. But the little teeny boppers on Hogans facebook page seem to have silenced that nonsense. ;)

Not so! I made the mistake of trying to write/edit and screwed it up. Since someone made a similar charge on the Governor's page, I decided to start my corrected posting with "Mumble jumble deleted...let's try this":

We live in an increasingly dangerous world and Maryland is a prime target. When (not if) we’re attacked, many people will suffer unnecessarily because of our inability to react immediately and decisively. Why? Because Maryland continues the illogical practice of denying the majority of law-abiding citizens their right to wear and carry a firearm outside the home. I ask, Sir, that you use the full force of your office to correct what obviously is an antiquated approach to public safety.

RonK

Oct 10, 2015
    Indian Head, MD
    About Hogan's or "Change Maryland' editing the comments: I think they try to make sure the comment section doesn't end up looking like the Baltimore Sun's online comment section or Fox news for that matter.

As for the gov's comment I take it generally as a positive acknowledgment that the gun restrictions in our lil state are not effective. As another poster mentioned it may be a preface to a veto coming next session when the assembly will try to put out some totally inappropriate piece of legislation. That's where the rubber meets the road for this term, if he successfully halts the assembly's penchant on restricting our rights each year. Next term, with some changes in the legislature, perhaps roll back some of the restrictions (and yes, I'll wait for my pet unicorn that poops rainbows too, call me doubtfully optimistic).

Last edited:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Not so! I made the mistake of trying to write/edit and screwed it up. Since someone made a similar charge on the Governor's page, I decided to start my corrected posting with "Mumble jumble deleted...let's try this":

We live in an increasingly dangerous world and Maryland is a prime target. When (not if) we’re attacked, many people will suffer unnecessarily because of our inability to react immediately and decisively. Why? Because Maryland continues the illogical practice of denying the majority of law-abiding citizens their right to wear and carry a firearm outside the home. I ask, Sir, that you use the full force of your office to correct what obviously is an antiquated approach to public safety.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom