• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Just scheduled my interview for 12/23/15 @ 3pm at the Waterloo Barracks.

I will be providing generic updates as I go through this process. I will not be going into detail regarding my individual case. Hoping that I can help us turn the corner regarding a Palpable need.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The history book on the shelf
    Is always repeating itself
    Waterloo, I was defeated, you won the war...

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Just got home from Meeting with Ms. Wright. A couple of things that were discussed- Frequency of deposits and average sizes. Told her it varies from week to week anywhere from $200-$150,000

What percentage is cash. Told her none for one business and about 50% for the other. She then stated that it didn't matter, just that they want her to fill that information in.

What type of firearm will I be carrying. Told her I didn't know. She then asked what I qualified with as that's the type (semi/revolver) that would be issued on my permit and I would need to qualify with the other type if I wanted to use the other. :shocking::shocking:. I quickly advised her that there is nothing in MD law regarding that. She then stated that she wasn't familiar with the laws, just filling out the sheet as she is asked to.

She then asked for copies of business licenses. I told her there were none. She needed me to provide something to prove the business existed. I told her that she could look them both up on Maryland Business search. She said that she might do that if there were doubts in her mind about my application, but for me to send her something.

She informed me that it would be 8-10 weeks for processing since they are backlogged or within 90 days of 11/23/15 as that is when they received my application.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Just scheduled my interview for 12/23/15 @ 3pm at the Waterloo Barracks.

I will be providing generic updates as I go through this process. I will not be going into detail regarding my individual case. Hoping that I can help us turn the corner regarding a Palpable need.

Waterloo? Isn't that in Fallston? Why such a long drive? Don't you live closer to a barrack than that? Where does a city resident without their own car go for their interview?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Waterloo? Isn't that in Fallston? Why such a long drive? Don't you live closer to a barrack than that? Where does a city resident without their own car go for their interview?

Yup. I'm just south of Annapolis and had to go out to Jessup. I believe the Annapolis Barracks have been reopened and there is also the one near BWI. Both of which are closer to my home.........

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Just got home from Meeting with Ms. Wright. A couple of things that were discussed- Frequency of deposits and average sizes. Told her it varies from week to week anywhere from $200-$150,000

What percentage is cash. Told her none for one business and about 50% for the other. She then stated that it didn't matter, just that they want her to fill that information in.

What type of firearm will I be carrying. Told her I didn't know. She then asked what I qualified with as that's the type (semi/revolver) that would be issued on my permit and I would need to qualify with the other type if I wanted to use the other. :shocking::shocking:. I quickly advised her that there is nothing in MD law regarding that. She then stated that she wasn't familiar with the laws, just filling out the sheet as she is asked to.

She then asked for copies of business licenses. I told her there were none. She needed me to provide something to prove the business existed. I told her that she could look them both up on Maryland Business search. She said that she might do that if there were doubts in her mind about my application, but for me to send her something.

She informed me that it would be 8-10 weeks for processing since they are backlogged or within 90 days of 11/23/15 as that is when they received my application.

WOW!!!! Still making shit up! Did they issue a new SOP?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

:lol: She is just an investigating trooper and obviously does not do this that often. I am getting aggravated that they continue to require applicants to travel long distances for this dumb ass in person review. I literally live <1 mile from the barracks you went to and I have to drive to Cecil Co for my interview.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    :lol: She is just an investigating trooper and obviously does not do this that often. I am getting aggravated that they continue to require applicants to travel long distances for this dumb ass in person review. I literally live <1 mile from the barracks you went to and I have to drive to Cecil Co for my interview.

I would not concur. I spoke to two others who interviewed with her as well as I also

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    She is not a Trooper anymore. All she does is investigations.

The whole revolver/semi auto thing is relatively new BS, not to be confused with the existing BS....

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    My wife has been under the same impression since she first got her permit 4 years ago. Not only revolver/ semi, but also caliber specific :wtf:

I was told after qualify, that I could use the caliber I used or smaller. If I recall the sheet to MSP had the Gun and caliber I passed with.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    My wife has been under the same impression since she first got her permit 4 years ago. Not only revolver/ semi, but also caliber specific :wtf:

I was told after qualify, that I could use the caliber I used or smaller. If I recall the sheet to MSP had the Gun and caliber I passed with.

So I guess I will have to qualify with my 44 mag desert eagle to cover all cal. Smaller.:)

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I would not concur. I spoke to two others who interviewed with her as well as I also

Me as well. My interview was over the phone. Wright asked me to email her a few things which I did. I was told by a member here that basically they have a form that is like a check list you just need to say the right stuff. I did my best. A month later I was sent a shortage letter, send what they wanted I would be denied. I made a few calls to other members here. Sent what they asked for and was good to go within 7 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom