.22LR, where is it AND WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BollingerGun

Jan 11, 2011
    We finally got some in the shop, 5K. If anybody needs some, stop by, no limit, but no hoarding tendencies! Be nice. :)

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Every bit of this stuff is SO over priced that it should be illegal.

What? The first guy has it for 9 cents a round. Some of it was a little high at 13 cents a round, but most of it is 9-10 cents a round. Obviously you and I disagree on what we should pay for .22 ammo. Anything less than 10 cents a round and I'm all over it. I would buy most of if if I didn't already have about 10,000 round myself...LOL

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Every bit of this stuff is SO over priced that it should be illegal.

^FAIL

So would you like the gov't to start policing the price of ammo? This is still America and people have the right to charge what they want. If you don't like it then simply move along....:sad20:

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    I had been shooting a ton of 5.56 and 45 but with the crazy... the reloading supplies cost increased a lot... Now I'm happy plinking with my takedown 10/22

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I've given up trying to find it at a local store and I don't rely on Gunbot. Subscribe to every thread that updates about in stock ammo both on MDShooters and others. I monitor a half dozen posts that update ammo availability. It's a numbers game but I've been pretty fortunate purchasing .22 through Cabelas. I keep the below link minimized at all times. As soon as I get an email alert I refresh the page and can often pick up 500 rounds at a time for under $30 shipped to my house. I've been able to keep a steady supply this way without driving around aimlessly. Most recently it seems the Remington Golden Bullets have been coming in stock on a regular basis. Keep an eye on Cabelas and you can most likely get the ammo you need.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/comp...876&categoryIds=104792580|104691780|104536080

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I Was at Bass Pro last night and they were opening the last case of 325 fed automatch. The employee opening said it was the 16th case they had gone through since opening that day. They were filling out hold slips for folks calling in even. A lot of people got their hands on 22lr at bp yesterday.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I think the other problem is how much one shoots .22LR when they get it.

Everyone has a .22LR and when it goes to the range, hundreds of rounds are (typically) shot.

Every time I pull the lever on my 300 Savage, I hear $1 being ejected. When I blow through a 30 round mag of .22 in my 597, I have a big smile on my face for what bus fair costs.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Wild accusation.
    Everybody Knows .223 Has had a headache so .308 hasnt been getting any, Thus no .22's :D

Isn't that how we ended ended up with .17 hmr when .308 ventured out on its own..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I think the other problem is how much one shoots .22LR when they get it.

Everyone has a .22LR and when it goes to the range, hundreds of rounds are (typically) shot.

Every time I pull the lever on my 300 Savage, I hear $1 being ejected. When I blow through a 30 round mag of .22 in my 597, I have a big smile on my face for what bus fair costs.

I agree, since all the ammo is so pricey right now, myself and im sure everyone else is plinking a whole lot more than they used to.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Its the new regulations on cardboard. Not enough boxes to go around. Heard federal has piles of .22lr on their property like you would see mulch in a mulch yard.

Crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom