Carrying a handgun on apartment property?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Doesn't matter in the least which one I'm covered under. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. Again, you are saying things that I in no way expressed such as, I can use it for anything. If I said that, please refer me to the post. Everyone issued a permit is governed in it's use by set of "Restrictions". Since you've obviously never seen one of these permits, the restrictions are listed on the back in the upper portion. I guess I could use it to make an omelet, as it is laminated.

Let's try this one last time. Slowly, The only problem I had with you saying it must be concealed if he had a permit is the FACT that nowhere does the law say any such thing and the MSP's letter gives guidelines as to where it's best not to tread or you may loose your permit.

Yes, since the law does not say you cannot carry openly, it does mean that open carry with a permit is legal even if it it ill advised under most conditions, which are spelled out by the MSP. That's how the laws work! If something isn't spelled out as prohibited, then it is NOT prohibited even if ill advised.

I don't need your concession to feel good, I always feel good.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Doesn't matter in the least which one I'm covered under. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. Again, you are saying things that I in no way expressed such as, I can use it for anything.

You are eluding that someone who has it for their security job may carry when they are not working.
    Which is NO.
    You still have not said under what use you have yours. All you say is that it is the same.
    Is it your argument has been that physically the cards are the same? ok, sure. That's neat.

The use of one card issued a single user is not the same for the different uses.
    My BIL has one for threats he received. He cannot go to a guard company and become an armed guard under his permit.
    Do you have one for armed security(sponsored by a guard company) and think you can carry when not working?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Again, show me where I said that a security guard can carry when not at work.

Yes all cards are the same. There are different qualifications that someone must meet in order to get a permit as a guard and such and their "RESTRICTIONS" will note when they can carry. SAME AS SOMEONE THAT GETS ONE FOR ANY OTHER REASON. If someone has a permit for business or other reasons that you stated, such as security guard, they may end up with multiple permits covering both instances.

Yes the cards are physicaly the same. The process for obtaining them for different reasons are different and the restrictions are different.

I really don't know where you are coming up with your line of shit, but it's beginning to get old.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You never said any of that. But your TERRIBLE explanations are deceiving and vague at best.
    But anyway, enjoy your permit.

Enjoy your Dominican rum and coke :rolleyes:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    My permit is not for my enjoyment, it is for my security, nothing more or less.

Yes, I did enjoy my Dominican rum and coke. The rum was Barcelo Imperial which can only be bought through six distributors here in the US, the closet being Boston or Miami. It was declared "The Best Rum In The World" two years in a row by the Chicago Beverage Testing Institute, which is considered the foremost rating group for wine and spirits in the US and some think the world. So yes, I did enjoy it.:)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My permit is not for my enjoyment, it is for my security, nothing more or less.

Yes, I did enjoy my Dominican rum and coke. The rum was Barcelo Imperial which can only be bought through six distributors here in the US, the closet being Boston or Miami. It was declared "The Best Rum In The World" two years in a row by the Chicago Beverage Testing Institute, which is considered the foremost rating group for wine and spirits in the US and some think the world. So yes, I did enjoy it.:)

When I was drinking it down in Guyana, they made us mix it with coconut water. :thumbup: give that a try next time. Sounds weird, but it worked down there in the heat :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    When I was in Guyana, I was drinking with the locals, and we drank rum straight.

They even gave me a bottle after I ate Capybara. After I ate some,t hey asked if I knew what I had eaten. And I said, "yes, a big rat." They laughed and we drank rum. When I got ready to leave, they gave me a bottle to take home with me (leaving the next morning). :)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    When I was in Guyana, I was drinking with the locals, and we drank rum straight.

They even gave me a bottle after I ate Capybara. After I ate some,t hey asked if I knew what I had eaten. And I said, "yes, a big rat." They laughed and we drank rum. When I got ready to leave, they gave me a bottle to take home with me (leaving the next morning). :)

What a sh!thole. The rum was good tho. I forgot the name but apparently some award winning stuff over the years.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I will have to go find the bottle. I still have it around.

No, Guyana isn't that bad. Try Malawi, or CAR, or Angola, or Nigeria.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    How do private / gated communities and apartments affect things? I could see making the argument that a gated community is not "public".

It's not a question of whether the property is "public", it's a question of whether it is owned by you. It can be private property, not owned by you, and you cannot carry on it without a permit.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Just sent this to the AG office:

Recently I was asked what a person should do with a firearm should they become homeless.Could you please tell me what their options are.This is in reference to a handgun only, since open long gun carry is legal in Md.
    Any response on this inquiry?

bobbygege

Mar 5, 2014
    Update to my original post.
    Can I legally have a loaded rifle within reach while sitting on the patio or balcony of a rented apartment?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Update to my original post.
    Can I legally have a loaded rifle within reach while sitting on the patio or balcony of a rented apartment?
    Elevated patio/balcony?

If the loaded firearm is in your apartment (within reach from patio). It's legal.

Taking it out and somebody seeing you then reports you.. It's another story.

bobbygege

Mar 5, 2014
    Elevated patio/balcony?

If the loaded firearm is in your apartment (within reach from patio). It's legal.

Taking it out and somebody seeing you then reports you.. It's another story.
    Thanks for your response!
    My most likely situation would be a patio on ground level immediately out the front door and off to the side. I would not be easily visible because there is a wood enclosure on 3 sides with narrow slots. The balcony was hypothetical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom