• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    To now have MSP officially admit they wrong all those years would be quite the sight.

Why would they care? They wouldn't lose their job, go to jail, or be reprimanded or punished in any way whatsoever for illegally screwing American citizens out of their Consitutional rights for the last 20 years. Think Frosh would prosecute them?

Just wait for the next tragedy, then the liberal fascists will exploit it to definitively ban lowers and whatever else they can.

Me? I'm neither fan nor foe of H&M, but I will go see what they are asking for the lowers. Any FFL willing to push back against tyranny, even a little, deserves my business.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Patriot Enterprises LLC - the owner posted in a firearms group "We are also selling Stripped AR lowers to MD residents...NO HQL REQUIRED!"

This, IMO, has nothing to do with the roster board. They are selling them on 77rs, but that makes no sense to me, as they are not regulated firearms (not under 5-101(r)(2) as it would be banned, and not a handgun as it has no barrel.) They should be cash and carry.

If you don't need an HQL why would you need to fill out a 77r? I'm confused. Or am I just confused about which shop is doing what?

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    If you don't need an HQL why would you need to fill out a 77r? I'm confused. Or am I just confused about which shop is doing what?

You are confused because when it comes to lowers federal law says one thing, state law says a different thing, the MSP enforces a different thing, some shops are releasing based on a still another thing...... and none of this is officially figured out yet, so most shops aren't selling anything.

Everyone is confused.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If this part of the law is that confusing, it should be be challenged under the "void for vagueness" doctrine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Void_for_vagueness
    "Void for vagueness

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In American constitutional law, a statute is void for vagueness and unenforceable if it is too vague for the average citizen to understand. There are several reasons a statute may be considered vague; in general, a statute might be called void for vagueness reasons when an average citizen cannot generally determine what persons are regulated, what conduct is prohibited, or what punishment may be imposed. Criminal laws which do not state explicitly and definitely what conduct is punishable for example are void for vagueness. A statute is also void for vagueness if a legislature's delegation of authority to judges and/or administrators is so extensive that it would lead to arbitrary prosecutions.[1] Related to the "void for vagueness" concept is the "unconstitutional vagueness" concept ..."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/void_for_vagueness
    "Void for vagueness

Definition

1) In criminal law, a declaration that a law is invalid because it is not sufficiently clear. Laws are usually found void for vagueness if, after setting some requirement or punishment, the law does not specify what is required or what conduct is punishable. For more information, see vagueness doctrine.

2) Under vagueness doctrine, a statute is also void for vagueness if a legislature's delegation of authority to judges and/or administrators is so extensive that it would lead to arbitrary prosecutions.

3) In property law, a declaration that a deed or other instrument purporting to affect property rights is invalid because it lacks a sufficiently clear description of the property.

Illustrative caselaw

See, e.g. Skilling v. United States, 130 S.Ct. 2896 (2010).

See also

•Vague

•Criminal procedure

•Civil procedure"

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    I wonder if that means I can use either of them as a FFL for a Sharps Bro's lower if Spikes will ship it. Got some investigating and saving to do.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    This, IMO, has nothing to do with the roster board. They are selling them on 77rs, but that makes no sense to me, as they are not regulated firearms (not under 5-101(r)(2) as it would be banned, and not a handgun as it has no barrel.) They should be cash and carry.

IMHO - they are selling them on 77r's to CYA. This way, when the state of MD comes knocking, they can say that the MSP approved the transfer.

If the MSP acknowledges that we can buy stripped lowers, that will be great....but bittersweet, as they've let us be misled all these years before.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Don't know if anyone has talked about this yet. What if I want to build an AR50 or AR338? Can I buy a stripped receiver for this purpose? As long as I bought a lower with a multi caliber designation, what would be illegal?

Jim Smith

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The more I think about it, lowers should be legal. Palmetto has blem lowers with free shipping for $50. Any IPs wanna transfer one for me?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The more I think about it, lowers should be legal. Palmetto has blem lowers with free shipping for $50. Any IPs wanna transfer one for me?

I have all the AR15's and lowers that I could possibly need already, but if someone were to put together a LARGE group buy I would get another one just for spite

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Tag for future reference. If any IP's are getting in the business of transferring stripped lowers, I've got some cash to spend. But this is too vague for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom