• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OEFvet

Aug 17, 2014
    Elkton, Md
    Obviously all police officers arent bad, that is a silly thing to say. Some really are though, just like all humans, there are good ones and bad ones. That being said, the only way to ensure perfectly fair policing of all races, creeds, flavors and styles would be for no human beings to police other human beings, and that isnt really an option.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    You can't charge an individual for poss of Marijuanna more than 10g if he or she did not poss more than 10g. You do have the discretion of lower the amount similar for speeding. You can't charge a drive going for 100mp if he was traveling 75 at 55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Mr H.
    I can verify that when stopped - somehow they do know if you have a CCW (for Maryland at least). Here's my story:

I received my MD CCW in June 2013. I got pulled over for speeding (13 over) in Harford County, in September by a MSP trooper. He exited his vehicle and drew his gun and ordered me out of my truck, ordered me to place my hands on the hood and demanded to know where my gun was and if I had it with me that day. My reply was that I did not have it with me. He then open the door of my truck simultaneously asking me if I had it in my truck and did a quick search of the drivers compartment. I responded that it was not in my truck either and that I was not consenting to a search and that he was violating my 4th amendment right. I repeated that the sidearm was not with me or in my vehicle. He then calmed down, holstered his sidearm, asked me for my driver's license and wrote me a warning for the speed.

I will add that once he hit his lights for me to pull over, I continued another 100 feet to pull in to a parking lot so it was safer for him, because we were on a two lane road with no shoulder, and I told him that once, he calmed down. But I did not continue far enough to make him think I was attempting to evade.

If anything, the officer should have treated you with utmost respect and professionalism. There is no need to treat a law abiding CCW holder in that manner.

When I was a VA resident and CCW holder in that state, I was pulled over on Rt 3, on my way to work at 5am, by a Spotsylvania County officer for speeding about 10 over the posted limit. Before approaching my car, he asked me over the PA if I was carrying my firearm. I told him no, but it was in the vehicle in my backpack which was in the back seat. He POLITELY asked me not to make any movement toward the back seat. I agreed, and he approached my vehicle in a calm manner.....WITHOUT drawing his weapon, he DID NOT pull me out of the car and he DID NOT search my vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom