• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    Who can beat Cardin? That's my #1 qualification for a GOP candidate.

It's important for the GOP to win control of the Senate in 2012. Remenber, the Senate confirms SCOTUS Justices and Dept. appointments.

Everything else is mental masturbation.

Elections have consequences. Winning is everything.

Ole man Sarbanes could beat Cardin but he is a Demorat. :innocent0 I don't think anyone can beat Cardin in Maryland. But we can all pray for a miracle. Muse will give him a scare in the primary if Obamma is strong with the minorities. If not Cardin will really be a shoe in. I don't think any Republican has the money to run a credible campaign..it would take at least five million dollars.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    I stand by my earlier comments that Bongino can count on a +1 from me... I just received my voter sample ballots for Charles County and the names for US Senator are...
    Alexander
    Bongino
    Broadus
    Capps Jr.
    Douglas
    Hoover
    Jones
    Kimble
    Vaeth
    Vaughn

The representatives in Congress are...
    Hill
    Morton
    O'Donnell

Anyone know off the top of their heads which are Pro 2A? Just trying to save time when researching them. Certainly not my only criteria for voting but it helps to narrow down a little when making my choices.

Thanks

Write them and ask them. Douglas looks like a CIA type. Bongino said he didn't really like guns. I don't think you can trust any politician unless it is cold outside.....because when it is cold out they keep their hands in their own pockets. :lol: But in all seriousness a Republican would be better than a democrat.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    I wouldn't think most people would want to point him out as a model...

Like him or not, Uncle Jesse did some good. I liked him because he had the balls to stand up to the rest of the crowd and if everyone voted yes, he would vote no just to stir them up. He was good to us in NC even though he was a bit radical at times.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think the key to winning Maryland would be to find a Republican who is more libertarian than social conservative.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    That is not true. I asked him personally before he knew my 2A stance and he believes in the right to bear arms. He Supports MSI and MDS.

What he said was that he didn't carry his gun all the time off duty and that he didn't really like guns. So I have no idea what that means. :o But since he has a couple of little kids you can see why he would be apprehensive about guns.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    I think the key to winning Maryland would be to find a Republican who is more libertarian than social conservative.

I agree and if a Republican is not a moderate he stands no chance in the general election. In the primary they have to be to the right and in the general to the center or left.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I agree and if a Republican is not a moderate he stands no chance in the general election. In the primary they have to be to the right and in the general to the center or left.

And it seems harder to come back from the right to the center than left to center.

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    What he said was that he didn't carry his gun all the time off duty and that he didn't really like guns. So I have no idea what that means. :o But since he has a couple of little kids you can see why he would be apprehensive about guns.

That's fine but what I'm trying to say to you is that reguardless of his PERSONAL beliefs, he sees no reason to force those beliefs on others. That is the point. You may not personally like the rights we have protected by our Constitution but you have NO right to infringe upon those who do. I don't like the westboro church idiots protesting all over the place but I would be the first person to stand in the way of someone saying they don't have the right to do it. Besides, it's WAY more fun to block them from view with 100 Harleys with American flags :)

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    That's fine but what I'm trying to say to you is that reguardless of his PERSONAL beliefs, he sees no reason to force those beliefs on others. That is the point. You may not personally like the rights we have protected by our Constitution but you have NO right to infringe upon those who do. I don't like the westboro church idiots protesting all over the place but I would be the first person to stand in the way of someone saying they don't have the right to do it. Besides, it's WAY more fun to block them from view with 100 Harleys with American flags :)

I understand what you are saying and I love Harleys but I still trust a dog owner over a non dog owner if the man is doing dog legislation. :lol2: Now the Harleys have to have big guys with big bellys to be effective. :innocent0

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    I understand what you are saying and I love Harleys but I still trust a dog owner over a non dog owner if the man is doing dog legislation. :lol2: Now the Harleys have to have big guys with big bellys to be effective. :innocent0

And women in leather....

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    How old do you have to be?

Um, have you read your constitution lately?

Minimum age to run for US Senate is 30.

Minimum age to run for US House of Representatives is 25.

Minimum age to run for President of the US is 35.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

Uh, I have kids and they're the reasons, along with my spouse, that I'd like the option.

Politicians don't have to "like" guns. They just need to fight real hard for those who do.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    Uh, I have kids and they're the reasons, along with my spouse, that I'd like the option.

Politicians don't have to "like" guns. They just need to fight real hard for those who do.

I went to lwvmd.org and looked up the candidates and compared them on the website side by side. I only see one candidate who may stand a chance on the issues against Ben Cardin and it is not Bongino. Too far to the right. This is Maryland guys. Remember, this is where illegals are told to come. :mad54:

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I just learned about Dan today and at this point he has my vote! I will continue to investigate, but what I see at this point, I like.

He will need a LOT of support if he is going to stand a chance in MD though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom