• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CLee

Mar 31, 2013
    Pax River area
    Man! Yesterday I bought a Swiss 96/11 Rifle and have it on the way from Simpson Ltd, supposed to arrive on the 2nd. Then just now I was perusing GunBroker just to check prices on Postal Meter M1 Carbines and ended up hitting a buy it now for $880! Damn!

My Dad was a Postal Inspector for over 33 years and a clerk before that. So, I knew I wanted a Postal Meter M1 at some point and this one has a Rock Ola barrel. LOL

So, in my "other life" I'm a seamstress/fiber artist and I have something like 14 sewing machines from an 1897 model 15 Singer up to a 2010 Simplicity Quilter. Most of my older machines are named. I've fallen into that habit now with my C&R guns - my Mosin is Izzy, the Swiss 96/11 will be Regula and I'm trying to decide on the Postal Meter.

I had thought about bestowing the special name of Calamity Jane (a childhood nickname) on the Postal Meter but having the Rock Ola barrel I may have to consider something along the lines of Janis (Joplin) or Pearl for her album. Maybe Peggy Sue. Have to wait and shoot that one I think maybe then I'll figure out the name...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Congratulation on your new affliction ... errr ... hobby. :thumbsup: You'll need to keep a closer eye on that bank account from now on. :)

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Man! Yesterday I bought a Swiss 96/11 Rifle and have it on the way from Simpson Ltd, supposed to arrive on the 2nd. Then just now I was perusing GunBroker just to check prices on Postal Meter M1 Carbines and ended up hitting a buy it now for $880! Damn!

My Dad was a Postal Inspector for over 33 years and a clerk before that. So, I knew I wanted a Postal Meter M1 at some point and this one has a Rock Ola barrel. LOL

So, in my "other life" I'm a seamstress/fiber artist and I have something like 14 sewing machines from an 1897 model 15 Singer up to a 2010 Simplicity Quilter. Most of my older machines are named. I've fallen into that habit now with my C&R guns - my Mosin is Izzy, the Swiss 96/11 will be Regula and I'm trying to decide on the Postal Meter.

I had thought about bestowing the special name of Calamity Jane (a childhood nickname) on the Postal Meter but having the Rock Ola barrel I may have to consider something along the lines of Janis (Joplin) or Pearl for her album. Maybe Peggy Sue. Have to wait and shoot that one I think maybe then I'll figure out the name...

Well then, If you are that into sewing machines you need to save your pennies and get a 1911 made by Singer!

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Congrats CLee Well done! :thumbsup:

Trust us. Many have been through this. The great news is... the affliction does not slow down for many years! :innocent0

BTW, PICS are EXPECTED when you receive your toys!

:D

CLee

Mar 31, 2013
    Pax River area
    Trust me, I hope to add a 1911 Singer one day. :) And more...

Pictures will come, I'm heading out of town to go see the grandkid next week and hubby promised not to tinker with either until I've seen them. LOL

And J8064 - we've got a heater of a beagle too. LOL She's a rescue found dumped in the woods out in St. Inigoes. She's one of the best rescues we've ever had.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Your "problem" will only get worse. I only recommend you not go to a gun show when Lou has 5 or 6 firearms you can't live without. Ask me how I know...

CLee

Mar 31, 2013
    Pax River area
    Your "problem" will only get worse. I only recommend you not go to a gun show when Lou has 5 or 6 firearms you can't live without. Ask me how I know...

Oh, and it doesn't help that my husband is such an enabler on both of my interests! LOL

Just celebrated 32 years of marriage, but I think he fell in love with me all over again last year when I told him "Ya know, we would shoot the ARs more if you got the dies and such and reloaded for them..." :innocent0 bwahahahaha Yeah, he went into work bragging on that one and ordered all the gear right away. And yes, we shoot the ARs more now.

He had the dies for reloading the Swiss before we even bought one! It's a disease, but one we share. hehehe

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    You don't have a problem.
    You can stop at any time.
    You are doing it because you like it.
    You are under a lot of stress and buying C&R is relaxing.
    You've already cut back to a safe level.

We're here to help. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You don't have a problem, because it's so enjoyable.

You can stop at any time, then start back after you've had dinner.

You are doing it because you like it, and don't we all deserve doing what we like.

You are under a lot of stress and buying C&R is relaxing, and we all need to learn to relax.

You've already cut back to a safe level, which reminds me, you probably need to buy ANOTHER safe.

We're here to help. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

I hope this helps to clarify things...

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM

bab2b30d3c92168660da70864d6700cb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom