• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So according to occbrian's post above, MSI officially supports the action of engage?

The organization said no such thing. We are individuals. MSI fights for 2A Rights. We do not demonize inanimate objects. That is left to the liberals.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    So according to occbrian's post above, MSI officially supports the action of engage?

I think its clear that Occbrian does not think that MSI should be in the business of saying what a private business should do. If he want to make a public statement from MSI, I am sure he will do so in the ways he has done before.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    It accelerated nothing. The fact that the technology exists is all they need to proceed. To believe a retailer selling one of these monstrosities will influence our strongly anti-gun legislature to do anything faster is just delusional.

True, but before this we didn't have one of our own standing in front of national media saying that they are ok with this and trust it enough to sell it to their customers.

Are you confident that this is safe technology?

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    The organization said no such thing. We are individuals. MSI fights for 2A Rights. We do not demonize inanimate objects. That is left to the liberals.

QFT AGAIN.

OCCBRIAN SUPPORTS ENGAGE.

to my knowledge, MSI has no stance on what a private business does or does not do and never has commented on any private business and OCCBRIAN thinks that is the way it should be.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For those that were asking, this is the relevant language with regards to this technology in Maryland:

(d) Report. --

(1) The Handgun Roster Board annually shall:

(i) review the status of personalized handgun technology; and

(ii) on or before July 1, report its findings to the Governor and, in accordance with § 2-1246 of the State Government Article, to the General Assembly.
    (2) In reviewing the status of personalized handgun technology under paragraph (1) of this subsection, the Handgun Roster Board shall consider:

(i) the number and variety of models and calibers of personalized handguns that are available for sale;

(ii) each study, analysis, or other evaluation of personalized handguns conducted or commissioned by:

1. the National Institute of Justice;

2. a federal, State, or local law enforcement laboratory; or

3. any other entity with an expertise in handgun technology; and
    (iii) any other information that the Handgun Roster Board considers relevant.​

Once this technology is proven, it will be the law of the land in Maryland. Mark my words.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    It accelerated nothing. The fact that the technology exists is all they need to proceed. To believe a retailer selling one of these monstrosities will influence our strongly anti-gun legislature to do anything faster is just delusional.

Indeed. Legislators need a catalyst in order to take next steps, that and the right timing in the election cycle. The last catalyst was Sandy Hook. Quotes in newspapers will not be the trigger event.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    No trolling, he commented and concurred with teratos. The simple answer of no would have sufficed. No need to be childish.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    It is interesting that the anti smart gun folks are not trying to find a way to show the flaws in the technology. If they can show the liability or hazzards of the technology, they may be able to fight the smart gun laws with fact and not rhetoric. Rhetoric will get us nowhere. This is like trying to disinvent a technology, the genie has been out of the bottle for a while.

Engage is a business, and they need to make money. The state of MD cut into their revenue stream, and they need new business. Who knows, the fence sitters may come in to see the "smart gun", but walk out with a different one that's no so smart.

If the technology gets refined, it may be viable. I would need to see a lot more data and field trials before getting one, not the marketing material from the company.

Just my .02

Q

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    True, but before this we didn't have one of our own standing in front of national media saying that they are ok with this and trust it enough to sell it to their customers.

Are you confident that this is safe technology?

No. I think it sucks.

I doubt Andy is going to be using this as his carry/home defense gun.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Everyone is directing their anger at the wrong people. If the last line of defense for 2A in NJ is depending on a gun store to NOT sell a gun, then they've already lost. Get mad at nj voters and politicians. Not Andy.

It's a gun. It's legal. I won't buy one but I have no problem with a company offering it for sale. Liberty.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    No. I think it sucks.

I doubt Andy is going to be using this as his carry/home defense gun.

Then why in the hell would he or anyone else comfortable selling it to a customer? Says a lot about the ethics of a person to sell a product that is this questionable.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    All other points aside for a moment...

Banning Glocks fails the "common use" test put forth in Heller.

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure that Heller/Miller just says you can't ban an entire class of firearms in common use at the time. This Armatrix abomination and a glock would then be in the same class as one another. Functionally, I fail to see how it's any different than the additional stipulations that California puts on gun manufacturers, for example.

Mandating this technology is Unconstitutional and violates anti-trust laws.

I can't speak to this, though looking at what I think is the applicable armatrix patent, it looks specific enough that I don't think it would be a barrier to other companies necessarily. I also recall during the 90's that S&W, for example, was tripping over themselves to release their hillary hole patent for other companies to use.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Everyone is directing their anger at the wrong people. If the last line of defense for 2A in NJ is depending on a gun store to NOT sell a gun, then they've already lost. Get mad at nj voters and politicians. Not Andy.

It's a gun. It's legal. I won't buy one by I have no problem with a company offering it for sale. Iliberty.

Isn't that the bitch about liberty. In supporting the principle, you have to take the good with the bad. Think about Voltaire's words: "I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No trolling, he commented and concurred with teratos. The simple answer of no would have sufficed. No need to be childish.

Too late, you won the prize for that by blaming Andy/Engage for LAWS being passed. Only an idiot would think a local shop has that kind of power.

Beretta couldn't even sway the MD Legislators but you think Engage can by selling something? :rolleyes:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Then why in the hell would he or anyone else comfortable selling it to a customer? Says a lot about the ethics of a person to sell a product that is this questionable.

It's not going to blow up or kill unicorns. The technology exists, some people may want it and have a right to buy it. The existence of the technology is all the legislators have been waiting for. The fact it is offered for sale will have no bearing on the rapidity with which the laws will be passed. WTF do I care if someone buys one of these things?

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Isn't that the bitch about liberty. In supporting the principle, you have to take the good with the bad. Think about Voltaire's words: "I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Exactly. Fvcking exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom