• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    If any are left, would you also be willing to handle the install? That would be wicked on my Colt M4 LE (10.5" barrel). It would be very close to the PDW of my dreams...

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    We still have a couple left and I dont know if we're going to get more anytime soon. We did order more, however customs has apparently seized them. So we're waiting to see how this shakes out.

missing_the_cheese

Dec 29, 2012
    Perry Hall
    Looking at these stocks and I'm curious about what the sling mounting options are. I figure you could wrap cord around one arm for a sling attachment but are there any qd points or other methods of attachment?

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Looking at these stocks and I'm curious about what the sling mounting options are. I figure you could wrap cord around one arm for a sling attachment but are there any qd points or other methods of attachment?

There is a qd point in the base of the stock just like Daniel defense or noveske end plates.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    There is a QD mounting point for a single point sling underneath the short buffer tube. On the block itself. However, you will have to find a qd swivel that is narrow enough to fit between the stock rails.

This stock also comes with a recoil spring and modified bolt carrier. There is an extension on the carrier that extends past the rear of the receiver, into the buffer tube. This changes the breakdown process. The Upper will no longer pivot. Both front and rear pins must be pushed out and the entire upper slides forward.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There is a QD mounting point for a single point sling underneath the short buffer tube. On the block itself. However, you will have to find a qd swivel that is narrow enough to fit between the stock rails.
    I think this one could work. If someone really cares, I can check tonight - I use this on one of my other ARs:
    http://www.gggaz.com/heavy-duty-enhanced-quick-detach-sling-swivels.html

This stock also comes with a recoil spring and modified bolt carrier. There is an extension on the carrier that extends past the rear of the receiver, into the buffer tube. This changes the breakdown process. The Upper will no longer pivot. Both front and rear pins must be pushed out and the entire upper slides forward.
    Correct. Not a big deal in practice, either, just a touch more to do on reassembly to guide the buffer spring where it needs to be.

IMHO, this stock really shines on 7.5" builds for maximum compactness, but I'm pretty happy with it using my 11.5" LE6933 upper.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I think this one could work. If someone really cares, I can check tonight - I use this on one of my other ARs:
    http://www.gggaz.com/heavy-duty-enhanced-quick-detach-sling-swivels.html

I bought that based on your recommendation. I ordered it Wednesday night, they called me Thursday morning to let me know they will only ship to my billing address as I am a first-time customer, and they FedEx'd it to me that afternoon. I received it this morning.

It works. I bought the triangular shaped unit pictured on the left. It clips right in to the grooved hole in the NEA stock. Now for the bad- it does hit the slide rails on the stock. It does not interfere with the stock in any way, but the rails do interfere with the spin of the clip; it is unable to spin. It does pivot though, but only 90 or so degrees instead of a possible 180 degrees.

All that said, I would buy that part again unless I stumbled on a slightly more narrow shape.

Maybe later I will take a picture.

rick3d

Sep 28, 2011
    Bethesda
    I just got mine installed and the stock collapsed on the first shot smashing my face with the tube. Seems to be a problem with some of this stocks, will be calling Engage to see if they know of the issue.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Rick3d that problem can be corrected by tightening the assembly. Works the same as your mag release. Depress it with a pin and rotate the bar until it's tighter. This will prevent the recoil from knocking it open

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I just got mine installed and the stock collapsed on the first shot smashing my face with the tube. Seems to be a problem with some of this stocks, will be calling Engage to see if they know of the issue.

Yeah boss I havent seen that yet. As Navyis2 said the lock up is just like the mag release on an AR and you can tighten it. It might just have been loose. Another thing I recommend is loctighting the roll pins for the rails where they connect with the "buttpad". One came loose in mine and I think a couple other customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom