Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015
    NUZ3cSi.jpg

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The guy in the black pick up truck had me thinking how valuable it would be to have a large cannister of bear pepper spray in the car to fog a crowd like that. Do they sell them in fire hydrant size? ;)

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I know it's not the "right" thing to do.

But I really wish the fans would just boycott the O's in financial protest to how the city handled last nights situations. Just one game.

Instead they filled the stadium today. I can see the benefit to that but the only way to get the city to change is by going to their wallet...I think.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

But I really wish the fans would just boycott the O's in financial protest to how the city handled last nights situations. Just one game.

Instead they filled the stadium today. I can see the benefit to that but the only way to get the city to change is by going to their wallet...I think.

I totally fail to see your reasoning here. What the hell did the O's do wrong in your opinion? It seems the police did a good job of getting fans out of the stadium after the game. They let the BS go on until the game was over then moved the crowds.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The guy in the black pick up truck had me thinking how valuable it would be to have a large cannister of bear pepper spray in the car to fog a crowd like that. Do they sell them in fire hydrant size? ;)

Better the South African carjacking defense: an aftermarket accessory that shoots a wall of flame out both sides of your car.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

You would have to drive through the cloud. Better bring a gas-mask too.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Would be easily denied as G&S by MSP, written off as a one-time event with no continued threat...
    (not arguing with you; arguing against the rationale by MSP) - right because after you die from that one-time encounter, you'll get a second chance. :rolleyes: I'm reminded of the VW ad a decade or so ago with video game developers talking about the safety features of the car. The last line: "Because in life there is no reset button."

Yesterday was Little League day, so a lot of parents had extra incentive/pressure/whatever to attend. We never bought tickets and I didn't miss a thing. Besides, my family prefers the Frederick Keys - much more family-friendly (in both silly things for the kids and the pricing for the parents).

Should he have been? Best I can tell he was trying to avoid being ripped out of his truck and beat to death by a mob.

My guess is the question was about the guy with the knife.

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I totally fail to see your reasoning here. What the hell did the O's do wrong in your opinion? It seems the police did a good job of getting fans out of the stadium after the game. They let the BS go on until the game was over then moved the crowds.

Well you see obviously the city officials will not listen to residents. They will listen to Grandpa Peter when his millions are in play.

Furthermore why anyone would attend a place where not 24 hours earlier was an active riot area where the police stood and watched is beyond me.

The O's did nothing wrong. They handled it probably better than most would. They rushed fans in and had them wait for a safe time to leave. The political statement about not spending money at bars before, tickets, food during, food after, parking, and maybe a hotel room for some is the only thing the city will listen to.

Old man Peter makes more money from you sitting on you bum watching it on one of his two TV stations anyway. The city are the ones who sees most of the profit from attending a "game day" event.

IgotAgun

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015

I actually agree with you to some extent. Do all of you remember a month or 2 ago the Orioles announced to ban concealed carry in the stadium for LE? Well I'm LE and I would either have wanted my own gun, and if I was not LE I would definitely want an off duty officer with one in that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom