• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Perfect opportunity for an entrepreneur to open up a competing "all are welcomed" range nearby. It would be interesting to see which one flourished.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    If she goes by name or looks this dumb shit is most likely to discriminate against the very people who came to the US to escape persecution at the hands of muslims: Yezidis, koptic christians, armenians, iranian jews...

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    It harms 2A because it reinforces the stereotype that gun owners are ignorant racist hicks and rednecks.

Yeah. It's stuff like this that makes me ashamed of the pro-gun movement. I don't like that I'm on the same side as people that are so terrible.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Couldn't agree more. With more and more "Muslim Americans" going over to the other side why give them a place to practice. F-em.

Oaklahoma city bomber was American. Olympic bomber in Atlanta, unibomber, Jared and Amanda miller were Americans too. you have to profile behavior, not religion or skin color, ect. And many of these people are just murders who use a ideology to justify their murderous impulses.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    A summary of the wedge that is being driven between us

I'm still more interested in how this situation affects support for the second amendment.

It was a dead news item for 8 months, until the DoJ got involved.

It harms 2A because it reinforces the stereotype that gun owners are ignorant racist hicks and rednecks.

Do you consider others here on MDS ignorant racist hicks or rednecks, or a fudd, or a ... pick a label ? 2A advocates come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and attitudes, especially here. Get used to it. The alternative is accepting what the gov'mnt defines as acceptable, because .... we don't and we SHOULDN'T all think alike.

Yeah. It's stuff like this that makes me ashamed of the pro-gun movement. I don't like that I'm on the same side as people that are so terrible.

Ashamed, were you THIS guy at the 2ATuesday Rally? Because those people, and the 3000+ who rallied prior to the passage of SB281 all came together for a single issue, even though we all had different views and opinions on others.

Attachments

• businessman-paper-bag-head-7726518.jpg
      businessman-paper-bag-head-7726518.jpg
      24 KB · Views: 105

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Exactly !!!

A couple, yes. They make up the bulk of my 'ignore' list.

What ever happened to good ol' fashion ignore ?

While it's hard to ignore the gov'mnt whipping us into a fenzey over 'social issues', it's pretty easy to ignore an individual who might have an opposing view on them. That's what happened with Morgan until DoJ decided that she warranted 'monitoring'. If you ask WHY NOW, it's pretty easy to figure out ... just tie 2A to a social issue and voila, they divide and conquer. This MDS thread being a case in point.

The name of Alinsky's game was divide and conquer, demonize some to extract power for others. Decades ago, Alinsky told an interviewer, "Now it's up to us to go in and rub raw the sores of discontent, galvanize them for radical social change."

Obama the student has now become Obama the master.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    so I only let several people shoot at the farm based on what I think of them. just so happens they all look like me and are Christians. does that make me a bad person? no. it just means people I want to let shoot there are the ones that shoot there. my shit my rules.

Feb 28, 2013
    If she goes by name or looks this dumb shit is most likely to discriminate against the very people who came to the US to escape persecution at the hands of muslims: Yezidis, koptic christians, armenians, iranian jews...

If people would put a stop to that crap back on their own stomping grounds this would be a non-issue. :cool:

But apparently it's better to allow another society's filth to come here after causing havoc elsewhere while saying "praise be to Allah" so they can then claim "victim" status like the parasites that are already here. :rolleyes:

Feb 28, 2013
    Oh, nothing wrong with being a hick. Can't be an ignorant hick.

Funny, I thought we had freedom of speech in this country.

so I only let several people shoot at the farm based on what I think of them. just so happens they all look like me and are Christians. does that make me a bad person? no. it just means people I want to let shoot there are the ones that shoot there. my shit my rules.

:thumbsup:

She owns the business, she makes the rules. End of story. Don't like it? Go shoot elsewhere. :cool:

By the principles of free market economics her business will sink or swim based on how she operates it like any other.

Oh wait. We need the gooberment to hold our hands and tell us what's best for us. Just ask the closet libs around here. :rolleyes:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    If people would put a stop to that crap back on their own stomping grounds this would be a non-issue. :cool:

But apparently it's better to allow another society's filth to come here after causing havoc elsewhere while saying "praise be to Allah" so they can then claim "victim" status like the parasites that are already here. :rolleyes:

Most of those folk come from 97% muslim countries. Not that many options for them to change things to the better there. I dont think people like persian jews who come to the US are parasites. They dont look any different from other iranians and may have farsi names yet they are most definitely not muslims or a security risk by any measure.

Feb 28, 2013
    Most of those folk come from 97% muslim countries. Not that many options for them to change things to the better there. I dont think people like persian jews who come to the US are parasites. They dont look any different from other iranians and may have farsi names yet they are most definitely not muslims or a security risk by any measure.

No, but that doesn't stop some of the bad apples from possibly learning how to game the legal system.

Granted, she will likely be excluding more than her target with her misguided policy, and it's something I personally wouldn't do were I the owner of said business.

But it's her bottom line if she's wrong. We'll find out.

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012

She owns the business, she makes the rules. End of story. Don't like it? Go shoot elsewhere. :cool:

By the principles of free market economics her business will sink or swim based on how she operates it like any other.

Oh wait. We need the gooberment to hold our hands and tell us what's best for us. Just ask the closet libs around here. :rolleyes:

Is it your belief, then, that there should be no limits on the basis upon which a public-facing business can legitimately deny business to prospective customers?

If so, then it follows that you believe such businesses should be able to deny service on the basis of race, political affiliation, support for the right to arms, religion, or anything else, right?

Better think that through carefully, because you cannot presume that you'll be able to get past such policies yourself just because you think the business in question doesn't know anything about you. Personal information is much more widely available today than it ever has been. And we're talking about all businesses, including the really large ones. How would you like it if all the gas stations in your region refused to sell to you because you support the right to arms, and they were forced to impose that policy because the cartel of oil companies they receive gasoline from imposed that policy on them? After all, those oil companies have just as much a "right" to impose constraints on their customers as the business we speak of, right? You did agree to "their business, their rules", right?? And you do live in an anti-RKBA state, you know.

Indeed, why stop there? Why shouldn't businesses be able to interact with their customers any way they like, including lying about their products, refusing to fix defects, etc.? After all, the market fixes all things, right?

In an ideal world, the market would fix all such problems. But such ideals presume fully rational actors on all sides of the equation. There ain't no such thing in the real world. In the real world, motivations are largely irrational in nature, and that taints the market in a way that makes it impossible for it to operate in the way you apparently envision.

Everything's fine from the point of view of those who are in a majority group, like whites in the south were. Such is clearly what you presume yourself to be in with respect to this (as you're not Muslim, are you?). But few people are in majority groups for everything. You yourself are in a minority in your own state, for you support the right to arms in opposition to the majority of people there, and I guarantee that if the majority had its way with respect to the ability for public businesses to discriminate in the way you obviously support, then you would be unable to transact any business with the majority of businesses in your state because of your support for the right to arms.

People are perfectly fine with discrimination against others until they're the ones being discriminated against in such a way that it has a major impact on them. Then, and only then, do they realize the burden that discrimination imposes. Don't be so shortsighted as that.

ETA: For the record, you'll find that I'm opposed to very nearly all restrictions on action, so long as the action in question does not violate the rights of another. I'm also of the belief that modern restrictions on businesses are far too numerous and suffocating. But when it comes to the fundamentals of the market, there is at least one truth: the market cannot operate at peak efficiency unless the number of participants is maximized. Discrimination reduces the number of people who can participate and, therefore, artificially reduces the efficiency of the market.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    People are perfectly fine with discrimination against others until they're the ones being discriminated against in such a way that it has a major impact on them. Then, and only then, do they realize the burden that discrimination imposes. Don't be so shortsighted as that.

:thumbsup:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Oh, nothing wrong with being a hick. Can't be an ignorant hick.

Ignorant: Uneducated(on a particular subject), not knowing, uninformed.

Stupid: Unable to learn, incapable of being educated.

Nothing wrong with being ignorant. Everyone is ignorant of something.
    Stupid? Well there's no fixing that...

Ignore list...never got that one. Just ignore them.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I would love for her to do so, as I would sue and win.

Typical liberal ***** shit. Sue, sue sue. Just find another range where you'd be welcomed. And what would you gain by suing? A right to use a range where you're not wanted or possibly put a small business person out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom