• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just put in an order for one this week... intend to use the brace as it was designed, but if I did decide to shoot from the cheek and for some reason got busted, I would be sure to tell my attorney about this video and try and show it to the jury.... all things being equal it could go a long way to establishing reasonable doubt. Thanks for posting.

I just ordered one myself....maybe download the vid on my smart phone. Chances are, you catch me using the brace in an unintended way, you may have bigger troubles.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    From Sig Sauer:

BATFE REAFFIRMS PISTOL BRACE LEGAL TO OWN, INSTALL AND USE
    Newington, N. H. (February 20, 2015) – SIG SAUER, Inc. has issued the following statement relative to the January 2015 open opinion letter issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms regarding the SB15 and SBX Pistol Stabilizing Braces.

BATFE Technical Branch issued an open opinion letter dated January 16, 2015 regarding the Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB15 and SBX) which is marketed by SIG SAUER®. Contrary to several statements subsequently made in social media, this opinion letter did not make or otherwise declare that the SB15 product is illegal. The BATFE letter stated that the SB15 is a product “which is legal to own, legal to purchase and legal to install on a pistol.” SIG SAUER believes that the PSB enhances the shooter’s experience and offers the products as an accessory and pre-installed on a number of pistols. In all of its opinions, BATFE has consistently stated that a pistol with a stabilizing brace attached remains a pistol under the Gun Control Act when used as designed.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    From Sig Sauer:

BATFE REAFFIRMS PISTOL BRACE LEGAL TO OWN, INSTALL AND USE
    Newington, N. H. (February 20, 2015) – SIG SAUER, Inc. has issued the following statement relative to the January 2015 open opinion letter issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms regarding the SB15 and SBX Pistol Stabilizing Braces.

BATFE Technical Branch issued an open opinion letter dated January 16, 2015 regarding the Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB15 and SBX) which is marketed by SIG SAUER®. Contrary to several statements subsequently made in social media, this opinion letter did not make or otherwise declare that the SB15 product is illegal. The BATFE letter stated that the SB15 is a product “which is legal to own, legal to purchase and legal to install on a pistol.” SIG SAUER believes that the PSB enhances the shooter’s experience and offers the products as an accessory and pre-installed on a number of pistols. In all of its opinions, BATFE has consistently stated that a pistol with a stabilizing brace attached remains a pistol under the Gun Control Act when used as designed.

Like I said in another thread, it sounds like SIG is setting up to puss out.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Haha I got a reply straight from the horse's mouth.

I asked them about using the arm brace as a cheek weld and this is what Sig Sauer had to say:

"We cannot interpret an ongoing BATFE issue. We advise using the SB15 as it was designed, which is attached to the forearm. For further clarification, we recommend contacting the BATFE directly."

They already made their sale so to hell with the buyer. The route is SBR or avoid the brace. ;)

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    That's essentially the same response I got when I contacted Sig right after the "redesign" letter appeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom