• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    More of a curiosity than anything else. Anyone here fly somewhere with their suppressors? I've flown with firearms, that's not a problem but, what special precautions/methods does a person need to consider when flying with suppressors in their luggage? Carry-on?

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    I've never flown with just a can, always had a gun to check with it. I arrive at the gate, I tell them I'm checking a gun, they take a peek, can is in there too. never been asked for paperwork or anything.

fnfalsar48

Feb 27, 2011
    Virginia
    I've flown with a can in with the checked rifle, TSA never asked. I put a copy of the form 4 with the can and keep another copy with me.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I have flown several times with my cans. DO NOT CARRY ON! TSA considers the can a firearm, just put in with your gun when you declare a firearm.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have. As mentioned it's a Firearm so don't try and carry it on the plane. Put it in you firearm case and be ready to show paperwork. It's not the time to tell people that they are not allowed to see the tax stamp. I had an idiot coworker that tried that and he missed his flight and probably got himself on some list as well.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If a state allows NFA items that are registered to be legally possessed, how else would you prove to LE that it is?

I've never understood the position that you don't have to show LE your stamp.

You can of course always argue and endure the results that will follow.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If a state allows NFA items that are registered to be legally possessed, how else would you prove to LE that it is?

I've never understood the position that you don't have to show LE your stamp.

You can of course always argue and endure the results that will follow.

I thought that was pretty much law, showing a copy of your stamp to ANY concerned LEO.:shrug:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I thought that was pretty much law, showing a copy of your stamp to ANY concerned LEO.:shrug:

Depends on who you speak to. The sovereign sitizen types think their tax stamp is some magical piece of personal private information, that if shown to a LEO, Range Employee, or a ticketing agent/TSA will lead to the world ending.

I show my NFA paperwork when asked because I don't want my property seized in order to make some kind of statement.

I'm not saying you are that person outrider, I'm just throwing out the crazy responses before someone: else did. ;)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I Am in full agreement and this was basically the reason for the thread. I, in my short time here, have not read anything on the subject of air travel with NFA items.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

That's my understanding. I have no problem proving I am in legal possession of a firearm that requires Federal registration to legally possess it.

Color me silly that way.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    If nothing else, you could reasonably make a copy of your Form 4 with SSNs and such blanked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom