• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    This should be interesting... I wonder if they screen you for your bias for/against firearms.

Quote "You would need only be appointed by the governor, and confirmed by the senate committee."

What is the chance that the (Democratic) Senate (that sponsored & voted for SB 281) would confirm one of us..?

Ain't gonna happen...

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Me too, but they didn't even invite me or even notify me of my own hearing. :mad54:

Yeah, I remember reading your posts. Apparently they couldn't be bothered to follow the statute or afford you due process, and thought you should have gotten the message - no permit for you until you have been shot a few times or beaten near to death a few times, and the corroborated threat remains - unless of course you are elected to the Legislature and thereby have a bona fide G&S. :mad54:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    MSI is aware of the call for candidates to be considered for various State Boards and Commissions.
    Any appointment is the governor’s to make.
    We have a strategy, and we are working with other stakeholders to provide the Governor with a consensus recommendation.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    MSI is aware of the call for candidates to be considered for various State Boards and Commissions.
    We have a strategy, and we are working with other stakeholders to provide the Governor with a consensus recommendation.

With all due respect.

MSI's effort should not hinder/disuade people from contacting the Hogan team to volunteer for the committee either.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County

Are they still looking for the 5th member? Or do they have someone they will name before the legislative session starts tomorrow?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Serious question - to whom would one send a resume or letter expressing their desire to serve on the board? And would a resume that was sent without a referral be given any credibility?

Other than the demographic thing are they looking for the best candidate, or the best candidate that is a big donor/friend or associate of big donor, etc...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Serious question - to whom would one send a resume or letter expressing their desire to serve on the board? And would a resume that was sent without a referral be given any credibility?

Other than the demographic thing are they looking for the best candidate, or the best candidate that is a big donor/friend or associate of big donor, etc...

dblas posted a link to the application in one of the threads. Can't remember which one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom