• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I do not think it is a compensated position. You would need only be appointed by the governor, and confirmed by the senate committee.

Wiseguy59

Sep 10, 2013
    Northern Balto. County
    I know if you are on a commission, the only compensation you receive is travel cost and lunch or breakfast, depending on the time of the monthly meeting (although that's not always the case). I'm not sure if the Permit Review board is the same, but it might be.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Not sure if I have the time but I'm sure interested. I think Nate is a great choice as a lawyer but maybe they'd be interested in a doc whom they might presume to be anti...

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I know if you are on a commission, the only compensation you receive is travel cost and lunch or breakfast, depending on the time of the monthly meeting (although that's not always the case). I'm not sure if the Permit Review board is the same, but it might be.

It the same. No compensation, but if the right MSP Super is in place you really won't have much work to do! :innocent0 Somebody had to say it. :D

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This should be interesting... I wonder if they screen you for your bias for/against firearms.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This should be interesting... I wonder if they screen you for your bias for/against firearms.

guess it wouldn't be too hard for them to check how many firearms you've bought. Handguns at the very least :innocent0

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I may do the same. I always wanted to attend a HGPR Board meeting!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A coworker last week was talking about this and he was applying.

Even if one of us gets it, wouldn't we still be outnumbered? Assuming that's true, we could still benefit by having someone so close to influence/educate the others and gain some insight about what these people think.

I would be willing to use two days of leave to do this if someone else didn't volunteer.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    A coworker last week was talking about this and he was applying.

Even if one of us gets it, wouldn't we still be outnumbered? Assuming that's true, we could still benefit by having someone so close to influence/educate the others and gain some insight about what these people think.

I would be willing to use two days of leave to do this if someone else didn't volunteer.

Hogan is also soliciting applicants for the Judicial Nominations Committee.

Wouldn't it be nice to recommend future Appellate Judges, based on their 2A stance? :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom