• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Well no TinFoil here. I'll add to the list for those still trying to get themselves an EBR.

1) Remington TrenchMaster (semi auto only of course)
    2) Springfield Armory Machete Mite (the bull pup config)

Anyone else got something to add?

MagnumFarce

May 3, 2013
    Centreville, MD
    What's the point? So they can just try to add it come Jan session? Those idiots in office understand nothing on firearms. Keep it that way

2014 won't be the issue -- it's an election year and the legislature will most likely stay away from anything really controversial. It's the years between 2014 and 2017 that will be the issue.

bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    I agree with Boom Boom here, it appears to be a trap. Probably a staffer for one of our elected officials doing some fishing for loopholes.

Feb 28, 2013
    Folks can we get a list going to help some of us (like me) to have a quick reference of what is NOT going banned comes 10/1. It's confusing as he'll out there.

Nobody here uses the term "assault style rifle", so you'll have to forgive our suspicions. And you're smelling awful fishy right now.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Folks can we get a list going to help some of us (like me) to have a quick reference of what is NOT going banned comes 10/1. It's confusing as he'll out there.

I'll start with what I know:

AR10 and other AR10 style variants in .308
    AR15 HBAR (or is it Colt Sporter HBAR only?)
    FN SCAR

Sent from my iPad using Tapa...what?

How about you don't? That just gives ideas to certain people, come 2014...

azmp1

Apr 11, 2012
    Carroll County
    Wow... You all can't be serious.... And all of this because I used the term assault weapon and are asking questions about the ban, I'm now a staffer for O'Malley. Great.
    How hard is it to understand that the reason I'm asking is to NOT get myself in trouble because it's confusing as hell.
    Most FFLs don't know the rules themselves so you can't really ask there and Some FFLs are flat out scamming and lying to make an extra buck. I was personally told by one that the 1 regulated firearm in 30 day rule was suspended and I could buy as many as I want, thank god I asked here. And a buddy of mine was sold two unregulated guns being told that they are being banned on 10/1.

And thank you for the mocking posts. Very helpful.

azmp1

Apr 11, 2012
    Carroll County
    This.

OP - educate yourself. There is ample material available here and reading statutes/regulations.

Individual FFL's may not be able to track your purchases if you bounce around. It is your responsibility to know and follow the firearms laws as a citizen. Based on your posts, your purchase history is questionable and will most likely cause you some misery down the road. MDS is a community of law abiding citizens working to follow current law and fight the egregious infringements using legal and legislative solutions.

I agree completely. And again that's why I'm asking questions so I don't end up doing some thing illegal.

stupid

Jun 13, 2013
    I thought you can buy as many lowers as you want and submit paperwork whenever but can only take possession once every 30 days.

a1911guy

Jul 24, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Tin foil hat or no, my first instinct was don't create a list for the gun grabbers. Living in MD has made me paranoid and suspicious about anyone asking anything about guns.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    azmp1

If you want to stay out of trouble you can simply ask the Maryland State Police Licensing Division about any firearm you are thinking about buying and they will tell you if it is banned or not. That's their job. Any information you get from a internet forum may well be incorrect. You could also contact a lawyer for a legal opinion, not as good as going to the LAW enforcers but probably safe.

Here is the contact information you need:
    Licensing Division
    1111 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208
    Phone: 410-653-4500
    Fax: 410-653-5441
    E-Mail: msp.Licensing@maryland.gov

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I can help.

The first one with the nice wood stock is not banned. However, the next two are questionable due to the pistol grip, folding stock (aka, the thingy that goes up) and the clip in the grip that can hold more than 10 rounds. I'm thinking that all three are capable of launching grenades but I won't be the one to test this theory.

Attachments

• images-6.jpg
      images-6.jpg
      2.6 KB · Views: 722
    • images-4.jpg
      images-4.jpg
      4.1 KB · Views: 722
    • images-5.jpg
      images-5.jpg
      4.5 KB · Views: 716

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Well no TinFoil here. I'll add to the list for those still trying to get themselves an EBR.

1) Remington TrenchMaster (semi auto only of course)
    2) Springfield Armory Machete Mite (the bull pup config)

Anyone else got something to add?

My favorite: The MIB Noisy Cricket

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    I agree completely. And again that's why I'm asking questions so I don't end up doing some thing illegal.

Go to a gun store after 01 October and see what they have for sale. All that is for sale is legal. Easy deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom