• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Look, I just want to see ANYTHING at this point. Self defense as G&S, fixing the more idiotic interpretations of the ALG and AP lists, etc. Hogan found plenty of time to make unpopular stands on much-more publicized issues before Sine Die, now he can find some time to work on our stuff (or, really, order the new MSP head to do it).

End of the month is my personal deadline before I get real vocal about his administration.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Maybe a single letter, by the quad of MSI, AGC, MSRPA and the NRA on behalf of all of their XXX,XXX number of members asking for an official position.

Sure a single letter, first. If we don't get a response then a campaign of letters. I just wonder if it might send a message when a 1,000 letters show up on Pallozzi's desk asking the same question.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Why not now? Something special about June?

There is a 45-day (IIRC) period within which all legislation needs to be addressed, or allowed to become law. That takes it to (essentially) the end of May.

After that point, the Administration can no longer claim to be focused on the GA session, and should by then be addressing administrative needs. Yes, I realize those can be handled concurrently, but IMO it behooves us to limit the possibility of him "having to attend to other things".

Besides... From my impression, he doesn't get happy when pressured into decisions.

Again... JMO

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    MSI sent a congratulatory letter to the Superintendent after his swearing in, along with a request to meet with him. At the same time MSI sent a letter to the Governor asking for a meeting as well.

Once we know something, you will know something.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    There was no need to fix it....I really can't go into what I know or how I know it because it relates to a confidentiality agreement but will say some here would be extremely surprised at who some of the largest donors were to the Hogan campaign.....there are some extremely wealthy Democrats in this state that make sure they butter both sides of their bread....if Hogan makes self defense a G&S it will be due to those he is beholding to the most giving him the green light.......

First off; taken directly from the MSP website:

"" What constitutes a good and substantial reason? Based on the guidance provided by the Maryland Public Safety Code, handgun permits may be issued to applicants based on the following circumstances:

5. Personal Protection. There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.""

Self Defense(personal protection) is already a G&S reason. The issue at hand is that the requirements that one must meet in order to qualify for G&S of Self Defense(personal protection) is VERY onerous.

To date Hogan has not addressed this issue publicly or behind the scenes. EVERY law abiding Maryland citizen without disqualifying backgrounds would easily qualify for the G&S of Self Defense(personal protection) if those ridiculous requirements were removed. Those requirements are completely at the discretion of the MSP Superintendent.

I honestly am not sure what your point is about telling us that very wealthy democratic donors helped to back Hogan. Either he is 2A friendly or not.

Last edited:

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    First off; taken directly from the MSP website:

"" What constitutes a good and substantial reason? Based on the guidance provided by the Maryland Public Safety Code, handgun permits may be issued to applicants based on the following circumstances:

5. Personal Protection. There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.""

Self Defense(personal protection) is already a G&S reason. The issue at hand is that the requirements that one must meet on order to qualify for G&S of Self Defense(personal protection) is VERY onerous.

To date Hogan has not addressed this issue publicly or behind the scenes. EVERY law abiding Maryland citizen without disqualifying backgrounds would easily qualify for the G&S of Self Defense(personal protection) if those ridiculous requirements were removed. Those requirements are completely at the discretion of the MSP Superintendent.

I honestly am not sure what your point is about telling us that very wealthy democratic donors helped to back Hogan. Either he is 2A friendly or not.

Like most everything else 2A friendly is not black and white.....it comes in varying shades of grey....to many here, if you are opposed to carrying outside the home you are not 2A friendly....there are many that would consider themselves "2A friendly" that believe carrying inside the home is all we need....Hogan is beholding to a large and diverse group of donors......his handlers are only worried about one thing and that is the next election and raising funds for that election.....decisions are going to be made on who can provide the most financial support.....not who can write the most letters.....

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    his handlers are only worried about one thing and that is the next election and raising funds for that election.....decisions are going to be made on who can provide the most financial support.....not who can write the most letters.....

You just described a career politician. I thought he was a successful business man who wanted to make some positive changes for Maryland.

If what you say is true then the only changes that will be made will be to the highest bidder! Guess it doesn't matter what we do then, we are screwed?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Like most everything else 2A friendly is not black and white.....it comes in varying shades of grey....to many here, if you are opposed to carrying outside the home you are not 2A friendly....there are many that would consider themselves "2A friendly" that believe carrying inside the home is all we need....Hogan is beholding to a large and diverse group of donors......his handlers are only worried about one thing and that is the next election and raising funds for that election.....decisions are going to be made on who can provide the most financial support.....not who can write the most letters.....[/QUOTE]

and s**t like that makes me think I wasted my $50 contribution and my vote. when he needed support and money he wasn't shy about asking for it. now he is open to only the highest bidder? sounds like he is already a tried and true md politician.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I believe Hogan to be sincere and truly wants to make a difference....but you have to remember he is not a professional politician and much of his confidence is being placed in the hands of folks that are well entrenched in Annapolis....and the only thing those folks see is the next election cycle.......

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I believe Hogan to be sincere and truly wants to make a difference....but you have to remember he is not a professional politician and much of his confidence is being placed in the hands of folks that are well entrenched in Annapolis....and the only thing those folks see is the next election cycle.......

I know my piddly contribution means little to nothing to them but they can rest assured that if something very pro 2a doesn't happen soon they wont get my money or my vote or any vote from anyone close to me or who works for me or is related to me in their precious next election cycle. and I guess my piddly several dozen vote dont matter to them either. damn I hate politicians.

Last edited:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    With all due respect if you wait until 2018 for change then the status quo is what you will be relegated to.

I'm not saying we have to wait for 2018, I'm just saying that people have judged Hogan's entire term based on 3 months of evidence.

For me, I need to see a year. I want to see a Hogan off season, I want to see what he proposes when he has a whole year to prepare a budget.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Hogan won by 65,510 votes. Out of 5.5 million residents(I know they all can't vote), do you think this might be part of the "concealed carry" contingent that MIGHT HAVE pushed him over the top? ... Just thinking out loud...:innocent0

I wonder what the outcome would have been if the 2A community stayed home? My guess... a landslide victory for Brown.:sad20:

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I'm not saying we have to wait for 2018, I'm just saying that people have judged Hogan's entire term based on 3 months of evidence.

For me, I need to see a year. I want to see a Hogan off season, I want to see what he proposes when he has a whole year to prepare a budget.

To each his own. However the changes that we would like to see require no proposals, interaction with the legislature, or any big announcements to the public.

Simply pick up the phone and remind his new superintendent not to stand in the way of law abiding citizens wishing to exercise their Second Amendment rights.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD

You don't need to be a professional politician, which in my opinion isn't a desirable trait in any politician, to make positive change for the greatest number of people in this state.

How many tens of thousands of people in the state do you think would apply for a carry permit if the requirements (administrative / policy) for personal protection we're eliminated.

If he is a sincere man then providing (administrative / policy) relief to the masses should be a priority. Otherwise the adjective you are looking for is insincere.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    MSI sent a congratulatory letter to the Superintendent after his swearing in, along with a request to meet with him. At the same time MSI sent a letter to the Governor asking for a meeting as well.

Thank you for telling us this. Communication of exactly what MSI is doing on behalf of its membership is always a good thing.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Very good to hear, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom