• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have the guns in cases, but it is pretty clear what is in them. They give me a nod, cause they know I'm an operator.....
    Same here. My neighbors have no idea what I've got, but know I'm probably not the guy they want to screw with.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I load up the vehicle in the garage with the door closed. I don't want anyone seeing what's going on. Never minding the possibility of nuisance 911 calls, by openly showing what you're doing, you invite unwanted attention from the criminal element, neighbors included. Random neighbors or their kids might have a drug habit and need money or want to rob you just because. Even if non-criminals see what you're doing, fact is that people talk. They might inadvertently (or intentionally) mention you to other people who engage in criminal behavior.

This ^^

Firearms are as good as bars of gold to many would-be thieves. If you had thousands of dollars worth of gold in the house - would you tell anyone or show it out in public?

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    I put on as much much military garb as possible, sling three rifles over each shoulder, and stumble out of the apartment ostentatiously. When I make it to the car, my friend is revving the engine and continues doing so until I've finished loading up the trunk. Then I shout, "Hell yeah! GUNS!" while hopping in the passenger seat through the window and we subsequently peel out.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    AR fits nicely into an old, ugly dance equipment bag that I got from the wife. The folks at Freestate have complimented the covertness of it, lol.

Pistols are easy to hide. A backpack does that for me.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I'm reasonably cautious about loading and unloading my shooting gear. I became even more cautious after a neighbor asked about the "black refrigerator" I had delivered curbside. It was a gun safe. When she visited I showed her the real black refrigerator in the basement and haven't heard anything more.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I carry my pistols in a range bag with zippered pistol compartments inside a gym bag. Rifles in a square soft case without any mag pouch compartments on the outside.

It really doesn't pay to advertise in my opinion. That being said, I live in a townhouse community with it's share of section 8 units and steady traffic.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    My neighbors DGAF, because they are either neutral or pro gun. Bear in mind that I am referring to the ones at my 12, 3, and 9. Beyond those 3 neighbors, everybody else would have a hard time seeing what I am actually putting into my vehicles.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    When I travel, I use this hard sided, wheeled golf case. It's inexpensive and holds a lot of guns. Great for wheeling it into the hotel with no one freaking out or trying to break in your room.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D2AITW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I load the car with cases. I imagine they look like violins or something to the casual observer, but probably just wishful thinking. They don't know what's in 'em, but they ain't dumb...I like this gold club case though. How many modern rifles with optics does it hold? I mean something like an AR or similar that has a higher optic over bore height than a shotgun or hunting rifle. How are you padding them? I know they're tools, but if I can avoid them banging against each other then I will try to accomplish that.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I back the truck into the garage and wait until the satellites have cleared the area before loading then move out to the range before they return.
    I also wrap all my guns in tin foil so they can't be picked up on the ground scan radars.

Attachments

• qw4ee3dadf.JPG
      qw4ee3dadf.JPG
      59.3 KB · Views: 169

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Keep it frosty and low key.
    I play keyboards and bass so my neighbors don't even look twice at a square soft-case.
    I do put my ammo boxes in a bag.

CSHS

Apr 21, 2015
    I load the car with cases. I imagine they look like violins or something to the casual observer, but probably just wishful thinking. They don't know what's in 'em, but they ain't dumb...I like this gold club case though. How many modern rifles with optics does it hold? I mean something like an AR or similar that has a higher optic over bore height than a shotgun or hunting rifle. How are you padding them? I know they're tools, but if I can avoid them banging against each other then I will try to accomplish that.
    The golf case should hold at least 6 guns, plenty of room for pistols tucked in. It will get too heavy before you fill it. I use a combo of gun socks and soft cases for padding. More soft cases if I have too much dead space. I will just fit, in a sock, an 11-87/870 length gun.

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I back the truck into the garage and wait until the satellites have cleared the area before loading then move out to the range before they return.
    I also wrap all my guns in tin foil so they can't be picked up on the ground scan radars.

Now why didn't I think of that?!?!

Pure genius!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom