• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    The guy I bought it from claimed 1962, I "think" closer to 66.... any experts in the house with a for sure age? Looking to sell or trade so I need to be accurate as possible.

Also.......... how critical to unstring when not in use?

Attachments

• IMG_3056.JPG
      IMG_3056.JPG
      25.7 KB · Views: 532
    • IMG_3050.JPG
      IMG_3050.JPG
      61.6 KB · Views: 338
    • IMG_3052.JPG
      IMG_3052.JPG
      38.7 KB · Views: 358
    • IMG_3054.JPG
      IMG_3054.JPG
      60.8 KB · Views: 335
    • IMG_3055.JPG
      IMG_3055.JPG
      53.9 KB · Views: 365
    • IMG_3058.JPG
      IMG_3058.JPG
      52.5 KB · Views: 342
    • IMG_3061.JPG
      IMG_3061.JPG
      50 KB · Views: 377
    • IMG_3057.JPG
      IMG_3057.JPG
      55.9 KB · Views: 336

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Gonna use my new karma bow to shoot my pit bull....

Love to come up. Crusher water flow noise common conclusion was heater core wasn't full from lack of use and drined between inning. Using her more routinely has reduced subject noise. The hill though has taken its toll. Looks like the clutch is gone. Oh well, no shame for it. Wish I had more knowledge and a good garage. Looks like the local repair place is gonna get some money. I'll be wandering that way sometime.

I got bucket list issues:

See Casa de Bart

Shoot with (not at) the Hooligans

Visit Lou in his natural environment (bonus if MOPAR is there). (double bonus is SNI is there)

Attend the School of the American Rifle (and make fun of the professor)

Reload with DA

That's my short list for bucket MDS items.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Gonna use my new karma bow to shoot my pit bull....

Love to come up. Crusher water flow noise common conclusion was heater core wasn't full from lack of use and drined between inning. Using her more routinely has reduced subject noise. The hill though has taken its toll. Looks like the clutch is gone. Oh well, no shame for it. Wish I had more knowledge and a good garage. Looks like the local repair place is gonna get some money. I'll be wandering that way sometime.

I got bucket list issues:

See Casa de Bart

Shoot with (not at) the Hooligans

Visit Lou in his natural environment (bonus if MOPAR is there). (double bonus is SNI is there)

Attend the School of the American Rifle (and make fun of the professor)

Reload with DA

That's my short list for bucket MDS items.

Either way that was a NICE looking Toy..........clutches might be typical in the japsucki's, I dunno, mine went **** up too in the old Joe Isuzu. Casa De Colby is much more refined I'm sure BUT last Sunday's local paper clams we have a "Big Foot" up here in Bald Hills.... No kidding! :D Game camera shows deer, squirrel, coon and Shotzie when she escaped, no yeti....... yet!

http://www.ydr.com/mike/ci_27705784/mike-argento-does-bigfoot-stalk-bald-hills

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Gonna end up killing BigFoot with my new bow before I ever touch it...damn it.

We don't have a refinery at the Casa.

I can help track Yeti. I do require a modest fee for same...food, spirits and shelter.

Speaking of tracking, I've sidetracked your thread. Hopefully a real bowyer will be along directly. With real answers to your original question.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Gonna end up killing BigFoot with my new bow before I ever touch it...damn it.

We don't have a refinery at the Casa.

I can help track Yeti. I do require a modest fee for same...food, spirits and shelter.

Speaking of tracking, I've sidetracked your thread. Hopefully a real bowyer will be along directly. With real answers to your original question.

Spirits I have, most rot gut but I had to fill up the pallet rack with something. :D

Attachments

• IMG_3062.JPG
      IMG_3062.JPG
      33.6 KB · Views: 308

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not a traditional bow guy but, I'd unstring. Probably more for the string's sake than the bow's.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    The guy I bought it from claimed 1962, I "think" closer to 66.... any experts in the house with a for sure age? Looking to sell or trade so I need to be accurate as possible.

Also.......... how critical to unstring when not in use?

Check out pearsons website. They have all their old catalogs online. I have two old pearsons myself. It helped me get an approx date on my compound.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    Definitely store it unstrung. Better for the limbs and string. Plus, if the string HAS seen better days, it's hard on the bow should the string snap on its own.

I'd have guessed it was from the mid 70's, but I'm far from an expert there. Do like recurves, though.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Definitely store it unstrung. Better for the limbs and string. Plus, if the string HAS seen better days, it's hard on the bow should the string snap on its own.

I'd have guessed it was from the mid 70's, but I'm far from an expert there. Do like recurves, though.

Recurves are the lever actions of archery! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom