• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    I saw the mini-14 on the table Sunday for that price and thought There's got to be a good story behind that one.:lol2:
    It did give me sticker shock being surrounded by the affordable stuff.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Well, it is Lou's table and he doesn't want to be associated with someone else's price gouging.

i would not throw someone i consider a friend and have known many years
    "under the bus" on a public forum in the name of self-promotion.
    I'm sure Lou said his piece at the show and that should have been enough.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    i would not throw someone i consider a friend and have known many years
    "under the bus" on a public forum in the name of self-promotion.
    I'm sure Lou said his piece at the show and that should have been enough.

It's high value street cred. I don't 'know' either of them but I too wondered if the high priced Mini sitting next to the other critters there was a left over or 'disapproved' from the background checks...

SD was busy all the time I was there Saturday.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    mmmm...way to go...i think...:rolleyes:
    free market..huh... i am thinking he is selling his rifle not yours. wow.:sad20:

If it's on my tables, be it mine or not, it MUST conform to my standards. Let's just hypothetically say a month from now I receive one hundred more of these same guns and I run them out at $750.00. If a person bought his gun at $1400.00 this past weekend, this person would almost certainly be bashing me (Shooters Discount) that he was charged $1400.00 for the same thing one month earlier even though it was NOT MY GUN. All this person would know is that he paid $1400.00 for a gun that was on Shooters Discount's tables and that we did the paperwork through Shooters Discount. In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM do I want to be associated with any product that is priced WAY out of line. What he had on my table was gouging at it's best and I WON'T tolerate it. You my little friend, should know the reputation I try to maintain.:)

Well, it is Lou's table and he doesn't want to be associated with someone else's price gouging.

THIS ^^^

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    So selling a colt ar
    for $3k isn't price gouging?
    I am quite sure the person who had the mini would have made it clear that it was his rifle and not associated in any way with shooters discount, including a bill of sale.
    I've said what I had to say about this matter.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    A new in box "Restricted Roll Marked" Colt AR will bring a substantial premium over the later non roll marked guns. Those new in box roll marked guns were bringing $3,500.00+ at that time; at $3,000.00 it was priced $500.00 below market.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    So selling a colt ar
    for $3k isn't price gouging?
    I am quite sure the person who had the mini would have made it clear that it was his rifle and not associated in any way with shooters discount, including a bill of sale.
    I've said what I had to say about this matter.

So by your logic, if someone decides to burn a cross on your front lawn, as long as you let your neighbors know it isnt yours, your neighbors will understand that you're not associated with that at all.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    So by your logic, if someone decides to burn a cross on your front lawn, as long as you let your neighbors know it isnt yours, your neighbors will understand that you're not associated with that at all.

So by your logic, any black folk who had crosses burned on their front lawn were thought to be associated with the klan.

sgtjunk

Aug 5, 2012
    Crofton, MD
    Why is this being debated? You all are acting like you're Lou's HOA. He paid his dues to be there and what he has there and does reflects on him; he has the right to conduct his business how he sees fit. I went by Lou's table and I really wanted to support him because he had good prices but he didn't have what I was looking for unfortunately. Thanks Lou.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I don't know why everyone is having a pissing match over this. You either

A. Deal with the market and pay the new prices

-or-

B. Don't pay the prices, hope that things settle down and you can still obtain AR's come October.

Instead, everyone is arguing in here and out on a witch hunt because a vendor is keeping up with the times and situation. Hell, if I had $4k to buy the AR10 I saw at the show, I would have. To me, its not worth taking the chance that prices come down before a potential ban.. Bottom line, if you don't like it, don't buy.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Lou is not going to F anyone. He took care of me back in 2004 when the original AWB expired and everyone was scrambling to get un-banned guns. I got a LEO marked Colt for less then what the market was calling for. If I had enough sense ( and money) I would have bought a stack of them. Lou is the only dealer I've seen who has any AR's (especially Colts) for under 2 grand. I've seen home builds selling for $1500-2000 with Tapco crap all over them.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

Are you a member of a racist group?

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I'm so tired of the "gouging" argument. If it's too much for you, don't buy it. If you wanted it and didn't buy it before, then that sucks...for you. If you think you can wait to buy it still, then do so.

Those that are paying $2k for an A2 AR obviously feel that at this point, it is worth it. If the situation is such that prices come down in the future, then they'll lose a little money, and it's no skin off your back. If not though, then they've purchased wisely. It's a risk for buyer and seller....play ball or not, but don't bitch about the game.

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    mmmm...way to go...i think...:rolleyes:
    free market..huh... i am thinking he is selling his rifle not yours. wow.:sad20:

if thats the case, then he could have hung a sign saying "Mini 14, $1400" on it, slung it over his shoulder and walked the floor with it. It would have been sold either way.

Lou's table, Lou's rules.... Here's your sign....

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    If you're working at the table , it hard to walk around at the show.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We don't have time to deal with this childishness today while we are managing the flow of information from the hearings.

If someone had bothered to alert us sooner, we could have salvaged this, but as it is there simply isn't time to deal with this nonsense today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom