• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I also bet that if enough people went with the administrative appeal, at least some people would win by dint of the timeframe allowed. No idea what kind of 'win' this would be, but it would be interesting. And a ddos on the board would be good for a laugh.
    That would imply they provided a 'service' to being with. :)

Beth Cawood

Apr 3, 2012
    I submitted my application on 3/6 (after the ruling, but before the stay). I have gotten no such letter yet. I suppose I probably will. Anyone have any thoughts on whether it would be better to take legal action now, or to wait until after Judge Legg rules on the stay pending appeal (the last of the briefs that he ordered on that issue is due 5/23)?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I doubt you will get one. It appears anyone who applied before 3-30 (date of stay) will not get a letter, MSP is sitting on those from what we can see.

And welcome to MDS.

www.marylandshallissue.org

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 303

Smagel

Hey, hey, my, my
    Jul 20, 2011
    Freddy's Store
    ...we're not going to get what we want by the review board that is conducting business as usual after the stay was issued. We simply have to wait for the appeals to run their course. Hopefully there will only be one appeal and we will be victorious.

It would be beneficial for at least one person to take the non-denial denial letter to the review board just to see how it responds and to get that on the record. How will they react to the MSP not adhering to COMAR?

As Patrick noted, they might just say you're not eligible for appeal since your application hasn't been acted upon. Then you take it back to MSP and they refuse to act; a classic catch-22 and one I'm sure the courts will have a lot of fun with if that's the outcome.

So, it's important that somebody take that letter to the review board. I also think that it's important that someone re-submit saying, no, really process my application per your regulations, even if it means a denial. Again, this would be to document their response for future action. I'd do either of these if I were in a position to do so, but I'm not.

MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    IANAL - I believe that because of their position, the members of the review board could be listed in legal action and possibly risk penalties, including fines. I'm not sure how far down the leadership of MSP could also be held accountable. This might affect their decisions when it gets right down to the bottom line. They all need to be very careful but that also means we need diligent and follow process to the letter.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    IANAL - I believe that because of their position, the members of the review board could be listed in legal action and possibly risk penalties, including fines. I'm not sure how far down the leadership of MSP could also be held accountable. This might affect their decisions when it gets right down to the bottom line. They all need to be very careful but that also means we need diligent and follow process to the letter.

How far down? That's simple, everyone who touches it has the cheese touch.

Sep 6, 2011
    Garrett County, MD
    Has anyone heard of any pre-stay applications having any further action taken on them? I know of 1 who's app is pre-stay, and he listed me as a reference. I haven't gotten any phone calls about it yet.

Shouldn't these applications be in a state of being processed? They were submitted when G&S was out of the picture (albeit temporarily). It would be interesting to see if MSP would be granting, denying, or granting with limitations and for what reason(s).

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Has anyone heard of any pre-stay applications having any further action taken on them? I know of 1 who's app is pre-stay, and he listed me as a reference. I haven't gotten any phone calls about it yet.

Shouldn't these applications be in a state of being processed? They were submitted when G&S was out of the picture (albeit temporarily). It would be interesting to see if MSP would be granting, denying, or granting with limitations and for what reason(s).

My application was received march 14th, check cashed around the 20th and I nor my references haven't heard a peep.

Mr H

Banana'd

Those are being tracked in a couple other threads.

But, in short, over the past week since last Monday's assault on the Assembly:D, calls have resumed, and FTF interviews are being scheduled... all on pre-stay applications, best we can tell.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Add more in Saint Marys County (All that I know about, have not been contacted).

Same for Cecil Co. I've asked several times if ANYONE up this way has been contacted, have yet to hear about a single person from Cecil getting a call (self included obviously).

Nice to know there is some kind of consistency to this process.:o

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Add more in Saint Marys County (All that I know about, have not been contacted).

I'm in St. Mary's, applied post decision, pre stay. Check cashed, I was called and interviewed over the phone, my wife was called and asked some questions and at least one of my three references were called. I have heard nothing further so I assume that my phone interview was taken as a substitute for the FTF interview.

Sep 6, 2011
    Garrett County, MD
    Same for Cecil Co. I've asked several times if ANYONE up this way has been contacted, have yet to hear about a single person from Cecil getting a call (self included obviously).

Nice to know there is some kind of consistency to this process.:o

That reminds me a a term we used in paramedic class, regularly irregular.

So this would then be .....consistantly inconsistant.

Or would it be inconsistantly consistant?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That reminds me a a term we used in paramedic class, regularly irregular.

So this would then be .....consistantly inconsistant.

Or would it be inconsistantly consistant?

It's consistent bullschit, that much I can can clearly see on my own. I'm actually growing tired of hearing people make excuses for the MSP at this point. This is only as difficult as they make it. There is NO sense in some people being contacted with 72 hours of turning their apps in while others are sitting at (and over) 30 days now (that were submitted EARLIER than those already interviewed)

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    navycraig said:
    I'm in St. Mary's, applied post decision, pre stay. Check cashed, I was called and interviewed over the phone, my wife was called and asked some questions and at least one of my three references were called. I have heard nothing further so I assume that my phone interview was taken as a substitute for the FTF interview.

That's encouraging :)

I'm post-decision, pre-stay myself as well as the others. Maybe we'll be the last contacted because we squeaked in before the temporary stay.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    It's consistent bullschit, that much I can can clearly see on my own. I'm actually growing tired of hearing people make excuses for the MSP at this point. This is only as difficult as they make it. There is NO sense in some people being contacted with 72 hours of turning their apps in while others are sitting at (and over) 30 days now (that were submitted EARLIER than those already interviewed)

The troopers up my way are to busy rounding up chicken thieves and rounding up stray cows to be dealing with such trivial stuff.:innocent0:D
    Just kidding, I'm sure they will get to them before to long.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    A returned app cuz of G&S is a denied app cuz of G&S. As a matter of law the MSP may not refuse to process. That would be the argument.

If they cashed your check they cannot screw with you. Post stay they can put their fingers in their ears and yell La La La La.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom