• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Well let's see. I emailed twice to ask about help finding training locally and they never replied (at all), then I called after sending in my app to let them know I had moved and wanted to make sure they had my new address, person I spoke to acted like they took all the info and would make sure it made its way into my file. Then I emailed with a copy of my MVA address change card,... then three weeks later I received the permit,............ forwarded from my old address. :(

I sent the app in mid/late August, got the permit early November, before my expiration.

They cashed the check right away, sat on the app for a few months, didn't check into shit to my knowledge and then sent the permit to the wrong adress after being told at least 3 times that I moved after applying.

If not for the fact that your experience with MSP was a cluster dump in real time, your reply is pretty darn funny! No address changes or training issues in my case, we'll see how long it will take with no other outside "excuses" by the MSP. I will keep you updated.......Thanks P.J.! :sad20::sad20:

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    I'd put money on a range of between 86 and 93 days total.

Because they can.

I'm a betting man.......what's the wager?

(I promise to private message you on the day the permit arrives in the mail, Scout's Honor!! The renewal fee check was cashed by MSP on 4/22.)

Last edited:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ew, exciting. :rolleye12

I'd go $20 bucks cash or donated to the non-profit of your choosing if you get it sooner.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Sounds good, you are on my friend! I like that charity gift idea........SAF or MSI i'm sure could use the donation. Or even ST. Jude, I have always liked the way they go about taking care of the kids there. :)

Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    Had my MSP interview today. The investigator said all my references would be contacted today as well. My wife and 3 of 4 references were called by end of day today.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Update on renewal permit.......73 days and still waiting! I think that your guess is gonna be good........:)

stokes8718

Jun 1, 2013
    KI
    Where did they get a contact number for the wife? She was never even mentioned on my application.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    I know this is a dead thread but anyone who applied recently were your references contacted?

I used one of my dad's neighbors who's known me since I was in diapers, he's old school no internet no smartphone so I am a little concerned he may not be home when MSPD possibly calls if they still do call about with MD being a shall issue state now

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    AFAIK, that's been dead since Bruen was accepted by Hogan.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Confirming what Bob said. Got my permit last year and none of my references were contacted.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I know this is a dead thread but anyone who applied recently were your references contacted?

I used one of my dad's neighbors who's known me since I was in diapers, he's old school no internet no smartphone so I am a little concerned he may not be home when MSPD possibly calls if they still do call about with MD being a shall issue state now
    Unless they come up with something, they wont contact even you.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

I did a renewal this year, no references were contacted. On my initial permit pre-Bruen my references were contacted but strangely my wife was not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom