What training are YOU planning to take in 2015?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swearengen

Nov 13, 2012
    Baltimore Co.
    I took the NRA basic pistol instructor run by VA Gun Safety a few weeks ago. I'm taking a class with Steve Anderson, USPSA GM, next month.

Hoping to take a carbine course of some sort over the summer.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'd like to do another carbine class, maybe with my wife or my dad. I took one with AJ back in the day and had a terrific time.

An advanced handgun course would be cool, too.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Cal, I'd be happy to give you some instruction on cleaning and maintenance of your rifles and the use of optics. I can definitely help you master the basics and understand the how and why of optics. Selecting optics is a different matter. That is the intersection between desired performance and budget! Shoot me a PM and we can work out some details.

PM Sent. Thanks for your help.

Cal68

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Glad to see so many people planning to train. My own personal interest is in self-defense stuff, but I value it all, from gunsmithing-type training that Clandestine provides, to those getting into sport-shooting, etc. It's all good. I've also learned a few things since I started this thread about opportunities I didn't know about. So keep at it!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Bumping my own thread because I've just signed up for another course. In October, I will be traveling to CT to train again with Mike Pannone, this time for his "2 Day Street and Vehicle Class":

http://aliastraining.com/mikepannone2-daystreetandvehicleclass-october10-112015-wallingfordct.aspx

Based on the AAR I wrote on Pannone's Covert Carry class last year--and some email discussion--a friend of mine in CT took Covert Carry a week ago at the Sig Academy in NH. He loved it so much, he signed up for "Street and Vehicle", which is an hour from his house and where I can stay for free.

Very excited about this opportunity to train with Pannone again.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    I'm planning on taking a course from cmct, probably the low light course and I need to do the CCW renewal :(

I took Costa's carbine 2 course this year. Nice to escape the snow.
    Hogarth, your wife must not mind you being away!!!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'm planning on taking a course from cmct, probably the low light course and I need to do the CCW renewal :(

I took Costa's carbine 2 course this year. Nice to escape the snow.
    Hogarth, your wife must not mind you being away!!!

How much ammo did you rip through in Costa's class?

As for my wife, she gets her weekends away, too (Gasperilla, Vegas, etc).

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Th recommendation was 1800 rifle and 300 handgun rounds. I used almost all of the rifle but only half of the handgun ammo and sold it to one of the local guys. The guys who took the course were great and Costa also stayed in the dorm so you could pick his brain if so inclined.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    Are you coming to CMCT's intro to Tactical Weapons in April? Don't let the "intro" part fool you, it is an amazing class for shooters of any skill level. They are offering some great classes this year and we hope to take all of them (even though we've done most of them before!)

The men who run CMCT are the real deal. They offer Top Notch training no doubt.

Hogarth- I am so jealous of the Paul Howe class. :)

going to be doing handgun and carbine with them this year..... can't wait!!! these guys are top notch!!!

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    We're looking to put together unique programs that will be attractive to this group. Plans are in the works for a Halloween zombie shoot, but we have a huge number of opportunities for armed and unarmed personal protection training. Send us your thoughts on what kind of local training you'd like to see.

mckkelso

Feb 19, 2009
    harford county
    if i can some how acquire the the funds to take one it would be local with CMCT maybe even a one on one with one of there instructors if time and money allow

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Last year I took Appleseed and NRA's Personal Protection in the Home. Both were excellent! This year I'm taking Clandestine's AR class, I'll repeat another Appleseed, and I'd like to take either Personal Protection Outside the home and/or do an IDPA event.

geeezer

Feb 8, 2013
    Just completed Handgun 1 training - Storm Mountain Training Center, Keyser, WV.
    Top notch facilities, great instructors.
    Safety emphasized. Progressive training. Crawl - Walk - Run.
    Signed up for their carbine course in October.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Sig Armorer

Glock Armorer

NRA Basic Rifle Instructor, Personal Protection Inside the Home Instructor, Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom