• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    If there were sanctions on ruissa imports, why all the sudden the surplus spam cans of 7.62x54r keep popping from everywhere? Not only it became more available, but the price was dropping slowly. Where do all these company all the sudden have crates and crates available.

SG have that free shipping promotion, and it say its going to be available on 9/23, then now it says on 9/15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    Probably stored in many combloc arsenals before the USSR began to splinter.
    Not sanctions on Russian ammo, only ammo from Russia.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Good to know, looks like these surplus ammo had a stockpile, now is like everywhere, but some sites and lgs are slightly overpriced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    And there are warehouses full of it bought by speculators years ago at $50 per case or less. It takes more than a couple weeks to get ammo shipped and ready for retail; what you've seen for sale since the EO was already here.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Sounds like we have a decent stocks, knocking on the wood of keeping current low price for my mosin food. I know that 7.62x54r surplus will still be around for good time, but i can almost guaranteed the current low prices will not stay long. I don't mind another price drop, prove me wrong :)

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Noticed that too - may have to get another crate just to have.... What else takes the R cartridge other than the Mosin that we can still purchase legally?

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    What else takes the R cartridge other than the Mosin that we can still purchase legally?

Vepr 7.62x54 although it is getting more expensive now- and yes it is legal in MD since I just had one transferred to me a few weeks ago. Hope to see M91 from Zastava in the near future.;)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If there were sanctions on ruissa imports
    Tula got nailed by the Rostec sanctions, and that's all I'm aware of. And, frankly, Tula sucks, so that's not a big loss in the short term. Uly and Barnaul produce way better stuff in my experience. It should have no impact on surplus 54r exports unless they were somehow going through Rostec (unlikely).

There was a separate issue with Lugansk Cartridge Works, due to it being rebel-controlled, but the Ukranians are about to take it back over, so probably not an issue going forward.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Any chance on the squeeze getting put to 7.62x39?

Yeah I hope not. Seems like every gun I get, the ammo goes stupid.

Buy an AR .223 goes north. Buy a .22 then can't find any. Bought an AK 74 that ammo goes up. Now I have a VZ. Lets hope for all our sake my luck does NOT hold......

VZ is coming out this weekend. Just have to scrap the frog lube off from last cleaning, and ready for this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom