• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    Count me In!! And i'll tell you guys from experience, if its anything like the silencer shoot Duffy's hosted, it is TONS of fun, and well worth it (it seemed like we got to shoot ALOT for what we chipped in) in fact, i recommend you bring some extra ammo to contribute if you can!

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Okay so I've been trying to figure out the food expense part and am looking for feedback and if you guys would be in.

Food cost would be $40 per person which makes the entire day of awesome fun $60 each.
    Food will include:
    All you can eat medium/large crabs
    Fried chicken
    Steamed corn
    Potato salad
    Cole slaw
    Mac salad
    Sodas
    Water

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Okay so I've been trying to figure out the food expense part and am looking for feedback and if you guys would be in.

Food cost would be $40 per person which makes the entire day of awesome fun $60 each.
    Food will include:
    Fried chicken
    Steamed corn
    Potato salad
    Cole slaw
    Mac salad
    Sodas
    Water
    Dont mean to be a stick in the mud but what if we dont plain to eat? is that ok or a no go?

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Dont mean to be a stick in the mud but what if we dont plain to eat? is that ok or a no go?
    Ultimately that's up to duffys and vince. How they want to do this. The last ip that did a machine gun shoot it was $125 per person for range fee/food not including ammo costs. So I think regardless this is much cheaper. The biggest pain I see would be separating everyone who paid only to shoot or to only eat or both. I'll wait for vince to chime in here

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Ultimately that's up to duffys and vince. How they want to do this. The last ip that did a machine gun shoot it was $125 per person for range fee/food not including ammo costs. So I think regardless this is much cheaper. The biggest pain I see would be separating everyone who paid only to shoot or to only eat or both. I'll wait for vince to chime in here

Food vouchers.

I would eat, but I have no interest in crabs (blasphemy, I know!).

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park

bracelets maybe?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    We will provide ammo. I haven't worked out the figures yet, but it will work something like this- $10 for 3 30rd mags in the AK 22, $X for a 100rd belt, etc.
    Any idea when you might have approximate ammo prices for the non .22 guns, e. g. the Thompson? (searched but didn't see anything else)

Trying to get an idea of total cost before food for two ($20 x 2 addmission + ammo costs).

Thanks!

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Any idea when you might have approximate ammo prices for the non .22 guns, e. g. the Thompson? (searched but didn't see anything else)

Trying to get an idea of total cost before food for two ($20 x 2 addmission + ammo costs).

Thanks!

I'm still working out the figures. I need to make nice, round figures just for ease of making change at the shoot, and I'm still sourcing bulk ammo. Here's a rough idea of what I've come up with, although it may fluctuate.

The 9mm subguns should run about $10 per mag
    The thompsons are around $20 for a 30rd mag, maybe I could do something like $50 for 3 mags, or $50 for one 20rd mag, one 30rd mag, and one 50rd drum. We are still going through to function check all the guns, so I am not certain if we have reliable drums on hand, but I will keep you posted.
    The guns in 7.62x 39 will be $20 for 2 30rd mags. The Bren gun will run $30/mag. I'm considering other options, like $20 for 20rds or two mags for $50. I need to crunch the numbers depending on our stock and availability of new production .303 British. From a liability standpoint, we are not running surplus ammo or reloads; I've just found that too much can go wrong, and it is our job to ensure that everything is safe and reliable over being as cheap as possible. I have a fair amount of privi partisan and hornady 303, and am attempting to source more.
    I'm checking into our stores of 7.62x25 for the PPsh 41 & PPs43.
    We also have a DUX 9mm that runs on Suomi coffin mags & drums; which we may bring out.
    The MG42s will be set up in 308. We plan on running them prone and in the Lafette mount. Depending on 308 costs, we will probably be around $50/belt. If there's enough interest, maybe we could bring out the anti aircraft mount, but running two MG42s simultaneously gets expensive pretty quickly...

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'd love to be there (got my first MG from Duffys) but have something else on the calender that day:( Will see if I can reschedule.

x2 on not interested in the crabs (Can't believe Im saying that!) While I *LOVE* crabs, w/ a day of shooting there wont be time to really enjoy them:( They aren't quick to eat.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco

Food will include:
    Fried chicken
    Steamed corn
    Potato salad
    Cole slaw
    Mac salad
    Sodas
    Water

I'm another person that would be interested in a non-crab food option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    The MG42s will be set up in 308. We plan on running them prone and in the Lafette mount. Depending on 308 costs, we will probably be around $50/belt. If there's enough interest, maybe we could bring out the anti aircraft mount, but running two MG42s simultaneously gets expensive pretty quickly...

But, Vince, the sheer awesomeness of shooting two MG42s simultaneously would be...

Priceless

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom