Check out our Engage Carbine Class promotional video!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    This is another review sent to me by a student in this class.

Good Afternoon,

I am writing this review for the Engage Carbine course to maybe help those of you on the fence about whether or not this type of class is right for you. First a little background on me and my experience with a carbine. My only formal training with a carbine was in basic training with the U.S. Army over twenty years ago. Since then I have been shooting my AR's at ranges which only allow for stationary shooting with no rapid fire and that doesn't give the real world experience that I am looking for. I want to be comfortable using my rifle in life threating situations if the need ever arises where I have to defend my self or my family although I hope it never comes to that. The Engage carbine class is a great start to the type of training i'm looking for ( real world ). The carbine class started with a two hour classroom session to assess our rifles and gear plus went over the proper handling of the rifle and different stances and grip to be able to control the rifle properly. This was very informative to me and I have been shooting guns for a long time. The second part of the class was all at the range with plenty of trigger time ( 6 to 8 hours total range time ). We started by learning the proper zeroing at 36 yards from the prone position which I also learned would make point of aim, point of contact at 300 yards. I probably learned that in the army but I sure as hell had forgotten it. The class went on from there with shooting drills and the proper way to clear malfunctions with speed and efficency. All drills and techniques are first shown and completed by AJ to show you how it's done. I believe it's much easier to complete a drill yourself once you see it being done in a proper manner. AJ also expresses that the things you learn are a way of doing things but not the only way. He also encourages you to receive training from different instructors to gain as much knowledge as possible. AJ and Buddy both believe in the training and want the best for you and it shows. Over all I learned a ton of stuff and had a great time doing it. AJ and Buddy are both excellent instuctors with knowledge and patience. I would highly recommend this class along with the basic and advanced pistol courses which I have also taken. The advanced pistol course was a blast with a lot of moving and shooting along with shooting from cover. After taking the classes I have so far I have learned more than I thought possible and look forward to learning so much more from AJ and Buddy and of course improving my shooting skills. I hope this helps you and I look forward to seeing you on the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom