How do I remove the sear spring on a VZ-2008?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I was replacing the pistol grip on my VZ and the nut inside the receiver fell out. I managed to get it back in and under the sear spring but it's upside down and won't sear properly. I spent over an hour trying to get it back into position with no joy.

I've found a lot online about the VZ58 sear spring but the 2008 is different. How can I get the spring out so I can get the pistol grip nut back into position?

Thanks in advance!

tngunnut

Nov 8, 2014
    Hope you have solved your problem by now, but just in case I will try to help. I just went thru this this morning myself. First you have to punch out the sear pin. There is a small clip on the right side of the receiver that holds it in. I had to also remove the safe/fire selector to get the spring out. Takes a little fiddling around so don't force anything. The selector should come out without a punch. Now you can take out the spring and get your new hardware installed. Be careful, as when I did mine the roll pin that keeps the receiver cover retainer in place fell out. I found it on the floor and almost didn't figure out wtf it was for quite a while. It sits on the long leg of the spring assembly. Reassembly in reverse of course. Its kind of a pain...much patience required. Good luck

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I had the same thing happen to me but fortunately there is a way to get the nut to go back in through the spring. At one point I thought about removing the spring but then I realized that if the nut came out then there is a way that it can go back in and I found the right angle for the nut to pass.
    I never imagined it would be difficult to get the spring back together. Good luck with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom