• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I'm also in the market for a vz 2008 once my taxes come in. I really love the 7.62x39 round. Although I've seen a lot of people on the net talk about the poor fit and finish of some of Century's vz's, I wonder what anyone's experience with them are.

The vz2008s I have seen locally, including my 2nd which I just got, all look good. Century and their contractors did a good job on these rifles. Internet reviews I've seen are by and large positive. My older one has a few thousand rounds through it without any issues.

The only complaint I've seen mentioned more than once is a canted front sight, which is an easy DIY fix if needed.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    BBPawn usually has some. The quality of the one picked up there has been great. They are great to work with as well.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Hey guys.... I'm working on one last batch of these guns..... Not sure how many I will be able to get but until then I am putting a list together of people who want them. If you want one PM me or email me at highrockguns@gmail.com so I can put you on the list. At this point, I'm not sure of cost or what is included but I will update as soon as I know.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    For those interested in mags, unless buying from Czech distributors at high prices, they are disappearing. I found recent sales from Buds, AIM, and others where there is no more inventory. Here is an example ...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...ntury-vz2008-762x39mm-30-round-aluminum-black

Right now, they can be found for a little over $20/mag with shipping ...

http://www.southernohiogun.com/czech-vz2008-magazine.html
    http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=68826.0

I bet quantities are limited. Back in September, Baltimore's Best Pawn also had them ...

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=160874

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hey guys.... I'm working on one last batch of these guns..... Not sure how many I will be able to get but until then I am putting a list together of people who want them. If you want one PM me or email me at highrockguns@gmail.com so I can put you on the list. At this point, I'm not sure of cost or what is included but I will update as soon as I know.

Good man. :thumbsup:

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    it figures, Century finally make a good rifle and then decides to axe it to put all their eggs in the C39 basket. They make the receiver and barrels, but can't make the rest, depending on parts kits? And we can't even buy a C39 here. Ugh, Century.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I'm also in the market for a vz 2008 once my taxes come in. I really love the 7.62x39 round. Although I've seen a lot of people on the net talk about the poor fit and finish of some of Century's vz's, I wonder what anyone's experience with them are.

The only complaint that I could register about mine, is the front sight is canted a bit. The front post is moved all the way to the right, and that puts it just a little off center. It was worse before but I kept wacking it with a rubber mallet and now at least it is close.

I may yet still get it repinned. Not sure, have other projects in the works outside of the gun world.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I got one from century, loves shooting it. Until I realized it keyholed at 100yds. I may have had a bad one, not sure but I got rid of it. It is a shame because I really liked it otherwise. It was certainly reliable and had no other issues. Seemed well put together and for the price was well finished. But at the end of the day it keyholed and had to go.

I have considered getting another one. Anyone else have this issue?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I got one from century, loves shooting it. Until I realized it keyholed at 100yds. I may have had a bad one, not sure but I got rid of it. It is a shame because I really liked it otherwise. It was certainly reliable and had no other issues. Seemed well put together and for the price was well finished. But at the end of the day it keyholed and had to go.

I have considered getting another one. Anyone else have this issue?

Operator error :D

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    would anyone want to go in with me on a nitriding job for the barrel of you vz-2008? A friend of mine had his done inside and out and it's incredible. My same friend recently had his ruger police carbine and sub2k done, as well as some garand barrels and m14 usgi mag parts. If I had known I would have sent in my stuff with that order he did. Point is, his 2008 is BUTTER SMOOTH now that it's back and the barrel looks and shoots great. Let me know if you want to get in on this. I'd want to send in my receiver and most metal parts as well as the barrel, all disassembled, but you can have just the barrel done if you want. Let me know.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    There is a guy selling 30 rd mags $19 in the classified section of czfirearms.us. You probably have to register to see the ad. I don't know if I am allowed to post a link here.

I don't know if the seller will ship to your non MD address
    I have no affiliation with the seller: caveat emptor and all that.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks. I put the CZ link up in post #46. Given the shortage of the mags (and that I'm not selling but pointing out a link on the general internet), I doubt it's an issue. I'm not registered there and found the link via Googling. Should not order from MD or for delivery within MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom