• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Not the exact same model but I have a CZ 550V in .308 with the gray laminated stock. Only 44 rounds so far but with a Nikon scope I am getting quarter-sized groups at 100 yards off a rest. The set trigger is fantastic.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    Not the exact same model but I have a CZ 550V in .308 with the gray laminated stock. Only 44 rounds so far but with a Nikon scope I am getting quarter-sized groups at 100 yards off a rest. The set trigger is fantastic.

Is the 550v pretty much the same, without the boyds tacticool stock?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    CZ Makes Awesome stuff! I have 3 or 4 of their rifles. Far as accuracy goes.. I obliterated a dragonfly with a Cz.22 @ 50 yards with a weaver K4 on it.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Is the 550v pretty much the same, without the boyds tacticool stock?

I believe so. It looks like they don't sell it with the gray laminated stock anymore. I don't have that much experience with other rifles but I have virtually no complaints about my CZs. I have three rifles and two pistols.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Heavy rifle. Must be the longer heavy barrel. I have the short bull barreled Remington 700 in 308 wearing a Hogue stock, but didn't know about the CZ back when I was looking. MSRP looks a bit high, but maybe it's discounted nicely at stores.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    Heavy rifle. Must be the longer heavy barrel. I have the short bull barreled Remington 700 in 308 wearing a Hogue stock, but didn't know about the CZ back when I was looking. MSRP looks a bit high, but maybe it's discounted nicely at stores.

Yeah it's heavy, but that's not a big deal. It's about 100 bucks less at online stores. Out of the box accuracy and build quality is what I'm looking for. I have a CZ sp01 and thought since that was great, their rifles would be too.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    You can get as good a rifle for a lot less money.

Don't see nine and change in that gun.

Is this comment based on experience with this cz rifle, or cz rifles in general? Or is your remark based on the "specs"? Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to get experienced opinions shooting this rifle or similar cz made rifles. Could you PM me what other rifle you had I mind? Not trying to turn this into a "best .308 for this price " debate.
    thanks

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Is this comment based on experience with this cz rifle, or cz rifles in general? Or is your remark based on the "specs"? Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to get experienced opinions shooting this rifle or similar cz made rifles. Could you PM me what other rifle you had I mind? Not trying to turn this into a "best .308 for this price " debate.
    thanks

The OP stated that you wanted to compare other .308 rifles in this price range.

Browning, Tikka, Ruger, and Weatherby would be good choices too.

For less money.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    If it has "tacticool" in the brand name, then it MUST be good.:innocent0

Can't blame them for the marketing angle. Some of their tacticool line are very nice rifles in Manners stocks.

Yup that should at least add $100 to the asking price.

Not really, they replaced the Boyd's stock with a Manners T6-A, added Badger bottom metal, 20 MOA rail and muzzle brake to their HET at no price increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom