• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Anyone running one of these? I understand the loss of velocity and all but it might make for a fun range toy. Del-ton has them (out of stock) though.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I have a Model One 11.5" upper with the permanently attached flash hider. Had it for several years. Its my primary range plinker. The shorter barrel has significant velocity loss (about 100fps per inch) and the rifle is really only good to about 200 yards compared to a standard 16 or 20 inch barrel.

But it is a perfectly fine rifle. Gas system is carbine-length and cycles fine. Has a bit more bark than my A2 but I find this rifle with the collapsible stock balances better.

Mine is a Frankengun. Eagle Arms, Model One, Magpul, Knights Arms, Yankee Hill, DPMS and so on. Yes, I have an NC Star holosight on it. And yes, it holds zero. I have it co-witnessed with the front sight (red dot on the top of the front sight post).

Matt

Attachments

• 100_1390.jpg
      100_1390.jpg
      102 KB · Views: 338

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    I have a Model One 11.5" upper with the permanently attached flash hider. Had it for several years. Its my primary range plinker. The shorter barrel has significant velocity loss (about 100fps per inch) and the rifle is really only good to about 200 yards compared to a standard 16 or 20 inch barrel.

I am thinking of building one just like that... if I could only weld! Did you do the pin and weld yourself? Did you have any problem aligning the fsb?

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I am thinking of building one just like that... if I could only weld! Did you do the pin and weld yourself? Did you have any problem aligning the fsb?

My barrel was made with the flash hider already welded on. Most of the companies I've seen who offer the shorter barrels do offer the option to get the flash hider permanently affixed to make the barrel compliant for length.

I bought a full kit. So everything was already done for me. Shot fine out of the box.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom