• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I had a TFC deal with my interview. Really great guy to handle my case. He has been very professional with everything and I get the feeling he is personally supportive of our case, but just doing his job. If he is not, then he has been professional enough to not try to dissuade me in any way, or make any negative remarks.

The questions he asked me revolved around money. He put down N/A for a majority of them. But it was kinda sad that MD really doesn't give a crap unless money is involved.

I know. That's what kills me. The MSP give a CCW to a business owner with restrictions of money to and from a bank for example. The BG will always think the business owner will always have money on them. But the MSP only want them to carry only if they have money, I guess to protect the money.

If a CCW is approved there should never have restrictions on it. Even with the MSP G&S, giving the approval of a CCW because they say...OK, you have the need, is fine. But they need to give it without any restrictions. After all, how can anyone predict how the BG will think and when they think it's a good time to rob you or not.

As far as that goes. every single person should have a CCW for nothing else, for when they go to the ATM. Someone going to an ATM outside of the bank is at a much greater danger then a business person walking into a bank in the day time.

Last edited:

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    The ATM would be an interesting reason to site. People are robbed at ATM's all the time. Just turn in all your ATM receipts for the past year to show how much cash you carry. :lol2:

Jay17

Dec 22, 2011
    Montgomery County
    Sorry, havent had a chance to read the entire thread yet, but what are you guys putting for your reason for applying? I dont think I have any good enough reasons for wanting a CCW

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Jay17... "no good enough reasons"???

2A is not good enough for you?
    I know what you are trying to say, I am just busting your balls.
    But seriously, you need to break out of the battered gun owners syndrome, don't let MSP define what your rights should or should not be...

But yeah what swinokur said for reason. Anyone following the MSI application guidelines put that.

Mr H

Banana'd
    OK... real question...

Considering my interview was back when dinosaurs still roamed BWI, I am wondering how to proceed with this.

I had mentioned to the trooperette doing my interview that I was planning on NRA Basic Handgun training this summer. I completed that course this past weekend.

Should I send a copy of the cert to add to my application, and if so, to whom? Local barracks, or Licensing Division?

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I talked briefly with my interviewer about this (I took my course last month and had it planned when we met), and received my Utah permit just a couple of days after my interview. I tried to contact him (got voice mail) and left a message saying I had this and did he want a copy or anything and I never heard back from him. Since these aren't required for the permit, I let it go and didn't try again after my training was done.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    OK... real question...

Considering my interview was back when dinosaurs still roamed BWI, I am wondering how to proceed with this.

I had mentioned to the trooperette doing my interview that I was planning on NRA Basic Handgun training this summer. I completed that course this past weekend.

Should I send a copy of the cert to add to my application, and if so, to whom? Local barracks, or Licensing Division?

If it were me I would give them a call and ask if you can get this paperwork to the trooper that is doing your investigation. You have nothing to loose. If you do nothing it will not help you at all. Did you get the name and/or card of the trooper that did your interview?

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    OK... real question...

I wouldn't bother. Training is not required...don't give them more to look for from others.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    You guys know, whatever copies you attach to your application will be treated as a public record like the application itself?

You can always show the interviewer and they can include it in their report which carries the same weight.

Mr H

Banana'd
    You guys know, whatever copies you attach to your application will be treated as a public record like the application itself?

You can always show the interviewer and they can include it in their report which carries the same weight.

Pretty well decided to leave it be for the moment... Maybe at most email her/them that it has been done, just in the interest of thoroughness.

Tronski

May 27, 2012
    Lutherville md
    All of my steps are complete and my app was mailed yesterday. I guess now we play the waiting game. Does anyone know what the average time until being contacted is? I imagine it's at least a couple of weeks. Everything government moves slooooooow.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    All of my steps are complete and my app was mailed yesterday. I guess now we play the waiting game. Does anyone know what the average time until being contacted is? I imagine it's at least a couple of weeks. Everything government moves slooooooow.

Do you have GSR? If so you should be able to have everything wrapped up in about 3 months. If you do not then expect your app to be returned with a nice letter stating that you don't have GSR and to re apply if you do.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

I am in disagreeance (sic).

If the CHP application was a public record, second amendment advocates would be publically castrating dozens, if not hundreds of typical duplicitous liberals.

Tronski

May 27, 2012
    Lutherville md
    Do you have GSR? If so you should be able to have everything wrapped up in about 3 months. If you do not then expect your app to be returned with a nice letter stating that you don't have GSR and to re apply if you do.

I work in a cash business and a rough neighborhood. I hope that's enough of a reason for the state. I have no expectations though. I figured it was still a good time to apply and see what happens. This thread was a huge help in putting it together. Thanks to all who posted!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I am in disagreeance (sic).

If the CHP application was a public record, second amendment advocates would be publically castrating dozens, if not hundreds of typical duplicitous liberals.

They will not eat their own intentionally.

MSI literally has plenty of Handgun permit appications. To include Frank Conoway who had a run-in with a reporter, and was charged with carrying using an expired permit.

To be fair, the MSP doesn't want to give the info up. From what I understand, public information requests have to be about a specific person.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I work in a cash business and a rough neighborhood. I hope that's enough of a reason for the state. I have no expectations though. I figured it was still a good time to apply and see what happens. This thread was a huge help in putting it together. Thanks to all who posted!

You WORK in a cash business? Is it your business? If not are you allowed to have a weapon while at work? If so I would have the owner write a letter stating that it is OK and that they would prefer that you had a weapon to protect the "cash". It can be very touchy if it's not your business.

Tronski

May 27, 2012
    Lutherville md
    You WORK in a cash business? Is it your business? If not are you allowed to have a weapon while at work? If so I would have the owner write a letter stating that it is OK and that they would prefer that you had a weapon to protect the "cash". It can be very touchy if it's not your business.

The industry I work in is a strange business. While I do not own the shop I am self employed. My taxes are filed as self employed and not as an independent contractor. I have the go ahead to carry at work but the real concern for me is to and from the parking lot and leaving after work. Sometimes the cash on hand is substantial and the neighborhood folks know this. I have listed the owner as my first reference on my app. I appreciate the input and if it comes to it I will definitely secure a letter.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    The industry I work in is a strange business. While I do not own the shop I am self employed. My taxes are filed as self employed and not as an independent contractor. I have the go ahead to carry at work but the real concern for me is to and from the parking lot and leaving after work. Sometimes the cash on hand is substantial and the neighborhood folks know this. I have listed the owner as my first reference on my app. I appreciate the input and if it comes to it I will definitely secure a letter.

I am no expert by any means but I would say that your chances should be good/at least better then most of us. I would guess that maybe you would get -- to and from work, bank and while transporting the cash.... Just a guess though. Most owners have to supply bank deposits so thats why I said about the letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom