TacCon 3MR Trigger? Cooler than a bumpstock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks. Nice to read a review by someone who had more than 10 minutes at SHOT media day to play with this thing. I'm not surprised it has more of a learning curve than a bumpfire stock.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    the problem is that.. it works..sometimes

cant do complete magdumps as of yet. its an entirely different process from standard bumpfiring. one can get good at it, but for me... ammo was a constraint. about 10 mags and you should get good at it.

I think MAC has a similar experience.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    the problem is that.. it works..sometimes

cant do complete magdumps as of yet. its an entirely different process from standard bumpfiring. one can get good at it, but for me... ammo was a constraint. about 10 mags and you should get good at it.

I think MAC has a similar experience.

Your long term reviews will be interesting. I had planned on getting one, but money went elsewhere. I'm happy waiting to hear it's worth it before diving in....

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Your long term reviews will be interesting. I had planned on getting one, but money went elsewhere. I'm happy waiting to hear it's worth it before diving in....

Im really hoping that it would work . Learning how to fire it can get expensive with ammo prices nowadays.

A slidefire or bumpski stock is easier to shoot and has a higher cyclic rate. st least in my personal experience. The tac con still relies on how fast you can feather the trigger. So results will vary.

Doubles and triple taps were somewhat easier to do. complete magdumps require a lot of skill/ learning. But entirely possible.

On the third mode, the rifle is more controllable than a bumpfired MSR. But again, rate of fire is inconsistent due to fatigue and shooter efficiency.

You also can not hold on the grip very tightly. A loose grip and feathering the trigger works best. Pushing the foregrip forward and maintaining that pressure ala bumpfire seems to increase cyclic rates. If you know how to bumpfire from the shoulder, this thing makes it so much more consistent and controllable.

Is it worth the 500 bucks? I really cant answer that. It depends. if it puts a smile on your face and pisses off the gungrabbing liberal on the next lane. Hmmmnnn???? It may have just justified the expense.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The trigger is very well made. It is easy to install and is completely drop in. It is a single stage trigger that is up to par with the tier one trigger upgrades from well kown manufacturers. The ppull is vonsistent at 4.3 lbs and breaks like a glass rod with no creep/slack or take up. Reset is very fast. In semi, you get a very good trigger that IMHO can be used for A patrol carbine/duty gun.

The third mode feels a bit weird. The trigger pushes forrd as the bolt retracts . At this point , it resets. The trick is to pull the trigger back as soon as you feel the forward movement of the trigger. This say, the trigger is ready to fire even before the bolt comes home into battery. You really cant do a slamfire. That bolt locks completely before you can pull the trigger. The system cuts reset time to increase your ability to increase cyclic rate. It still requires a separate trigger pull for each round discharged. A very smart concept.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Curious about the selector switch. Is this a custom selector for their trigger or is it a generic selector that you would find in a pre-ban M4?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    It is a custom selector, I'm pretty sure... I was looking at one that a buddy got yesterday... (but I didn't have a preban selector to hold up to compare them)

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    What you're saying is that this trigger actually costs over $600. The trigger doesn't actually "work" as advertised-- until you throw $100 in ammo downrange getting a feel for it.

Which brings up the fact that it won't "work" for the next guy you hand it to--at least until that person sends a couple hundred rounds down the pipe. And so on and so on...

Having tried the SlideFire, I can tell you that takes only about half a mag to get the 600 rpm going. Still interested in the Tac, but watching to see where the price settles.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What you're saying is that this trigger actually costs over $600. The trigger doesn't actually "work" as advertised-- until you throw $100 in ammo downrange getting a feel for it.

Which brings up the fact that it won't "work" for the next guy you hand it to--at least until that person sends a couple hundred rounds down the pipe. And so on and so on...

Having tried the SlideFire, I can tell you that takes only about half a mag to get the 600 rpm going. Still interested in the Tac, but watching to see where the price settles.

It sounds like the trigger works exactly as advertised. There is just a learning curve....

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It sounds like the trigger works exactly as advertised. There is just a learning curve....

Agreed. That's why i put "works " in quotes. The vids show fast cycling, but it's likely that there will be purchasers with slower reflexes who can never get it to "work" like the guy in the video.

There also might be complaints that the cool music is not there when they are doing a mag dump...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agreed. That's why i put "works " in quotes. The vids show fast cycling, but it's likely that there will be purchasers with slower reflexes who can never get it to "work" like the guy in the video.

There also might be complaints that the cool music is not there when they are doing a mag dump...

They should send a CD of the cool music with the trigger.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom