• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JC82

USMC
    Nov 30, 2014
    Elkton
    Hello all,

I'm originally from Rising Sun, moved around a bit with USMC and college and have now settled with my wife and two young boys in Elkton. It's funny, I always swore that once I left Cecil County, I would never come back. Now, I can't imagine living anywhere else. What do miss though, is living on enough land to shoot whenever I want. One day maybe.

These forums appear to be an awesome resource. From what I've read so far, the membership is friendly and accounts for quite a wealth of knowledge. I hope you don't mind if I absorb as much as I can.

Lastly, and maybe I should post this somewhere else, if anyone can point me toward a local club with not just ranges, but good places to introduce my boys to what it means to be a responsible outdoorsman - you have my complete attention.

Thanks!

-Jerry

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Welcome aboard. Glad to have you. Some of the regulars will be along with more info, but glad to have you, and thank you for your service!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join the fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome, not my stomping grounds, but I would imagine for basic shooting access, Elk Neck SF would be your default choice.

For the Club as I interpet your description, Balt Co F&G in Parkville would be right up your alley. Alas lots of other people think so, and I understand joining involves such things as waiting lists and lotteries.

Not quite next door, but AGC in Marriotsville has extensive range facilities , and a whole buncha Constituant Clubs that have their own emphasis and programs. Someone will chime in with recomendation for a club with outdoors and sporting emphasis.

Looking the other direction , over the border in Pa are lots of small Sportsmans and Game Protective Clubs , and many Northern Marylanders join them. If nobody chimes in, start a thread with your specific criteria , and someone will know.

JC82

USMC
    Nov 30, 2014
    Elkton
    Welcome, not my stomping grounds, but I would imagine for basic shooting access, Elk Neck SF would be your default choice.

For the Club as I interpet your description, Balt Co F&G in Parkville would be right up your alley. Alas lots of other people think so, and I understand joining involves such things as waiting lists and lotteries.

Not quite next door, but AGC in Marriotsville has extensive range facilities , and a whole buncha Constituant Clubs that have their own emphasis and programs. Someone will chime in with recomendation for a club with outdoors and sporting emphasis.

Looking the other direction , over the border in Pa are lots of small Sportsmans and Game Protective Clubs , and many Northern Marylanders join them. If nobody chimes in, start a thread with your specific criteria , and someone will know.
    Thanks so much for the welcome and insight. I'm actually headed to ENSF when they open on Friday morning (weather permitting). I'll definitely check out the clubs you mention. As of right now I'm pursuing membership with SLCFSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom