Hours of Operation:
    Tuesday - Friday 12pm-7pm
    Saturday 12pm-5pm

Forum Username: EngageArmament

FFL: Yes
    Class 3: Yes
    Gunsmith: Yes

Transfer Fees: $50.00 normal price + $10 MSP

How do you handle regulated firearm transfers after completion of the 7 day wait if the MSP paperwork has not come back: 8th day release

Benefit(s) offered to members of Maryland Shooters: Awesomeness.

Additional Info: Im going to update this momentarily when I feel like Im not about to pass out. I think I have the beetus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Transfer Fees: $75.00 normal price
    $62.00 for MDShooters members (includes MSP paper work fee)

Is this standard for MoCo?

I have heard Engage Armament is a good guy but Ouch!!! on the transfer.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Bought from them several times. They are great to deal with and are knowledgeable peoples. That said, I would highly recommend them. If they don't have what you are looking for, they can usually get it. I was in there two weeks ago and there was some new guys that were saying things were changing for the better. Updated website and new happenings should be taking place soon.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Its less than Atlantic......but they dont call you when the paperwork comes back you have to follow up with them.

Nice guys in general, very knowledgable.

The reason why customers are not called when paperwork clears is to avoid spousal/significant other confrontations when someone other than the purchaser answers the phone and discovers a(nother) gun has been purchased (which had been an issue with a large number of transactions before we changed the policy). ;)

We respect the privacy of our customers, and it's definitely not an issue of us not caring - just responding to the requests of many customers not to call.

If you would like a call-back, please request it at the time of purchase and we'll gladly give you a ring. :thumbsup:

- Garrett -

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    The reason why customers are not called when paperwork clears is to avoid spousal/significant other confrontations when someone other than the purchaser answers the phone and discovers a(nother) gun has been purchased (which had been an issue with a large number of transactions before we changed the policy). ;)

We respect the privacy of our customers, and it's definitely not an issue of us not caring - just responding to the requests of many customers not to call.

If you would like a call-back, please request it at the time of purchase and we'll gladly give you a ring. :thumbsup:

- Garrett -

Love it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dpmd

Apr 2, 2010
    Montgomery County
    If I'm not mistaken, Engage is also one of the few dealers that has the license required to fire a round in order to make new firearms purchased out-of-state without a spent shell casing MD compliant. I used them earlier this year for this reason and still saved almost $200 after paying the transfer & shell case fee (extra $25).

Good guys up there...

jimsoden

Super Lurker
    Sep 25, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Ted is the man! :party29:

He's done more transfers for me than almost anybody and found some wicked collectible Beretta M9s for me, as well. :)

What more can I say...his crew ROCKS! :D :thumbsup:

God Bless 'ya, Ted - hope to see you soon! :cool:

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    i guess it wasnt the same folks back then, but i bought my very first gun at this store back in 04 it was a couple of older gentlemen running the place, back then i knew very little about firearms. but i loved the store, my brothers and i went in on a whim on lunch break, i had never been in a gunstore before. they had a rack of rusty old surplus rifles right out on the floor, i musta spent an hour just fondling all those rifles, i was in heaven. didnt pay much mind to all the nice newer stuff on the shelves behind the counter, great as they are i knew right from the start that my passion was old military rifles.

i didnt have a lot of money to spend, but i went back the next day and bought the only thing i could afford, a .22, a revelation model 150 with scope. which is a mossberg made under a different brand name for western auto.

the service was great, and those guys put up with me fiddling with all the rifles for what seemed like forever without buying anything that day, i wish i could have bought something off that rack at the time but i had just spent a lot on computer parts not long before. unfortunately ive never been back, kensington is a ways away from where i live, i just happened to be working on a job in the area at the time.

hard to believe that was 6 and a half years ago already, counting from then till now, and averaging it out, i have bought about about 1 gun a month since then, that place musta been infested because the bug bit me hard in there. :party29:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Glad to see you guys here. I stopped by the shop a few months ago and gave Ted a MDS challenge coin. Ted thanks for the referals. Mdeng

Chaunsey congrats on 500 Post

Funbrit

May 28, 2008
    Rockville
    I bought a Norinco SKS there, well my stb 16 year old did through me and a Bubba'd 1903A3 and I was impressed with the service and overall interaction. My son liked the place so much he said when he turns 16 he wants to ask to work there part time. Great bunch of guys and a very friendly place, I recommend anyone going there. Glad to see a MOCO gun shop on here, especially one so close to me in Rockville.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I went in there one time looking for a trigger lock. They didn't have one so I said, what the heck, might as well not make it a wasted trip, and proceeded to fondle a lot of their handguns. Then as I was leaving he came up with a trigger lock that he had just pulled off a used rifle that they had gotten in inventory. I asked him how much and he said "Just take it". This is despite me not buying anything there. I'll definitely go back again. The sales staff were friendlier than at Atlantic Guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom