• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    no e-mail addy for Kevin Kelly

He doesn't use email. Heard it from his lips.....

Feb 16, 2010
    lanham, MD
    Hi all! First post, short time lurker, long time Pro-Gunner.

Is there an email list like this for EVERY Delegate/Senator not broken into committees? I mean I can find my own and do one at a time etc but it'd be awesome to have a "click here and email everyone" list in my email.

or even better yet does any one have a list of those who are gun/CCW hostile so that those emails get the most flooding

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    or even better yet does any one have a list of those who are gun/CCW hostile so that those emails get the most flooding

:thumbsup:
    We really should focus on the antis more than those who agree with us.
    Many politicians have already responded to our letters saying they agree with us and will support the second amendment. We should make it clear who is against us and who isn't.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I emailed all members of the house and senate today and have received responses from... you guessed it, most of the ones on our side.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    :thumbsup:
    We really should focus on the antis more than those who agree with us.
    Many politicians have already responded to our letters saying they agree with us and will support the second amendment. We should make it clear who is against us and who isn't.

The trouble with that thought process is that it's not always as cut and dry as you would think where every legislator stands on every issue that we address. Yes, there are some easy ones....Dwyer and Smigiel for instance...who you know without question where they stand as well as people on the other side of the fence like Frosh that there's no likewise no question.

You would be surprised at some of the supposedly pro-gun folks' comments that we've heard in testimony over the years. Things that make you shake your head and wonder if they really are pro-gun. :sad20:

The pro-gun folks don't mind so much to see the mail for the things that they support. It reinforces them to know that there are citizens who are backing up their positions.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Can we get an update on this thread? I just sent the 2008 house judicary committe an email :sad20:

If I get time, i will compile them. My 18month old and 7 month old may have other plans though.....

AGCLVP

Jan 27, 2009

OrangeSpear

NRA Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Owings Mills
    got another one today.

Dear Mr. Orangespear:

I am writing in response to your communication regarding the recent school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. As a father and grandfather with many educators in my family, this tragedy touched me deeply. We are all keeping the Newtown families in our thoughts and prayers. But I believe we owe these families more – we owe them thoughtful and effective gun reforms so that other families may be spared the same pain.

The facts from incidents in Newtown, Aurora, Fort Hood, Tucson and Blacksburg are clear: the more powerful the gun and more ammunition it has, the more people it can kill. The Newtown shooter, the Columbine killers and the gunman in Aurora all used assault weapons designed for our troops on the front lines of war. The gunmen in Tucson, Fort Hood, Virginia Tech and Newtown were all armed with high-capacity magazines. In fact, the Newtown shooter was armed with enough ammunition to kill every student in the school. With less powerful guns and less bullets, perhaps more lives would have been saved.

I have always relied on the counsel of Maryland's law enforcement leaders when it comes to my positions on various gun control policies. I believe strongly in the right to bear arms, but this right comes with reasonable limits. For example, I do not believe that private citizens should be able to purchase assault weapons designed for warfare that can out-shoot our police officers. It's for that reason I cosponsored legislation to continue the ban on assault weapons in 2004. I have also supported efforts to ban large-capacity ammunition magazines, such as those used during the Newtown tragedy.

I will continue to support these reasonable limits as Congress renews its examination of our country's gun laws in the days ahead. There are other common sense steps we can take, such as creating smart technology that renders a weapon useless if loss or stolen. We can improve background checks on gun owners and more carefully monitor third-party gun sales. And, I believe, our country's efforts to identify and treat the mentally ill must be part of the discussion.

Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future if you have any questions or comments. To receive additional information about issues that are facing Congress, Maryland, and the Nation that may affect you and your community, please visit my Web site at www.dutch.house.gov and sign up for my periodic e-mail newsletter.

Sincerely,

C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger
    Member of Congress

FatMuscle

Aug 9, 2010
    La Plata
    Here is a reply I received from Sen. Mikulski, (D, MD):

Dear Mr. Owen:

Thank you for getting in touch with me to express your opposition to the Assault Weapons Ban. I appreciate hearing from you.

I support the second amendment rights of Marylanders who enjoy hunting or who have firearms to protect themselves. Yet, I strongly believe that assault weapons do not belong on our streets and are a threat to communities across our nation. Eliminating such powerful weapons from the streets will help reduce violent crimes, including crimes against law enforcement officers.

Several law enforcement organizations including the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators, the International Association of Chiefs of Police, Women in Federal Law Enforcement, and the Police Foundation have supported this ban. I want you to know that my support for limited and common sense gun control, like the Assault Weapons Ban, does not diminish my support for Second Amendment rights.

Again, thanks for contacting me. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you in the future.

Sincerely,
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    United States Senator

And my reply:

Mrs. Mikulski,

I thank you for your reply, however, you seem to overlook one key aspect of the 2nd Amendment, it provides for Citizens to keep and bear arms against a tyrannical government. The 2nd Amendment states nothing about hunting or "home" protection. It is OUR protection from the government, like you.

And I am a little confused as to why you consider them "such powerful weapons". Do you have some documents that the rest of us are unaware of? I am a veteran of the US Armed Forces and a Special Police Officer here in Maryland, I also teach firearms safety. I assure you that these firearms that you oppose do not have mystical powers or are in anyway more powerful than any other firearm. Do you also know that private citizens can and do own Class III firearms, those are full automatic firearms.

It would be nice if our elected officials actually knew something about that which they wish to legislate.

And even with all of this, if we removed all the legally owned firearms from law abiding citizens, they would still be found in the hands of criminals. And as I am sure you are fully aware that criminals by their very nature do not concern themselves with laws.

It seems to me in my very humble opinion that you do not only wish to disarm the citizens of Maryland and the United States, but to deliver us into a state of defenselessness that has only been found in societies like Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and other communistic countries.

I submit to you Madam, that your attention should be on mental health issues and sharing of information between law enforcement agencies. Did you know that the District of Columbia does not share their criminal database with anyone else? How is it possible for Maryland Law Enforcement agencies to track known criminals from DC in Maryland? Why is it that current laws prevent mental health providers from communicating with law enforcement agencies concerning violent patients in which show the intent to do harm? Why is this not something you are considering? Why do you choose to blame law abiding citizens like myself for the criminal actions of others?

Again than you for your time.

Clifford W. Owen

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Here is a reply I received from Sen. Mikulski, (D, MD):

Dear Mr. Owen:

Thank you for getting in touch with me to express your opposition to the Assault Weapons Ban. I appreciate hearing from you.

I support the second amendment rights of Marylanders who enjoy hunting or who have firearms to protect themselves. Yet, I strongly believe that assault weapons do not belong on our streets and are a threat to communities across our nation. Eliminating such powerful weapons from the streets will help reduce violent crimes, including crimes against law enforcement officers.

Several law enforcement organizations including the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators, the International Association of Chiefs of Police, Women in Federal Law Enforcement, and the Police Foundation have supported this ban. I want you to know that my support for limited and common sense gun control, like the Assault Weapons Ban, does not diminish my support for Second Amendment rights.

Again, thanks for contacting me. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you in the future.

Sincerely,
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    United States Senator

And my reply:

Mrs. Mikulski,

I thank you for your reply, however, you seem to overlook one key aspect of the 2nd Amendment, it provides for Citizens to keep and bear arms against a tyrannical government. The 2nd Amendment states nothing about hunting or "home" protection. It is OUR protection from the government, like you.

And I am a little confused as to why you consider them "such powerful weapons". Do you have some documents that the rest of us are unaware of? I am a veteran of the US Armed Forces and a Special Police Officer here in Maryland, I also teach firearms safety. I assure you that these firearms that you oppose do not have mystical powers or are in anyway more powerful than any other firearm. Do you also know that private citizens can and do own Class III firearms, those are full automatic firearms.

It would be nice if our elected officials actually knew something about that which they wish to legislate.

And even with all of this, if we removed all the legally owned firearms from law abiding citizens, they would still be found in the hands of criminals. And as I am sure you are fully aware that criminals by their very nature do not concern themselves with laws.

It seems to me in my very humble opinion that you do not only wish to disarm the citizens of Maryland and the United States, but to deliver us into a state of defenselessness that has only been found in societies like Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and other communistic countries.

I submit to you Madam, that your attention should be on mental health issues and sharing of information between law enforcement agencies. Did you know that the District of Columbia does not share their criminal database with anyone else? How is it possible for Maryland Law Enforcement agencies to track known criminals from DC in Maryland? Why is it that current laws prevent mental health providers from communicating with law enforcement agencies concerning violent patients in which show the intent to do harm? Why is this not something you are considering? Why do you choose to blame law abiding citizens like myself for the criminal actions of others?

Again than you for your time.

Clifford W. Owen

Besides being a lair she should have been voted out 100 years ago. Sure, many police department see our rights as a big pain in their ass and I'm sure there is a long list of our rights they would like to dump in the river.

Dlongjr

Oct 21, 2011
    Ellicott City
    From Jimmy Malone District 12

Dear Dennis,

As a SUPPORTER of the 2nd Amendment, I look forward to working with you. Hope you and your family are well.

Always a pleasure,

Delegate Jimmy Malone

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom