• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    So- turns out that I got the form wrong. The 4473 is the ATF form and they could give a shit less. MSPs form (77R) is what the issue was. This shop claims that MSP is telling them that they can only classify reciever transfers as HBAR or PISTOL. If you chose pistol, they are making you have an HQL, even though BrewDoc's reference to the website specifically states it's not needed.

Unfortunately for me, the reciever is already in their possession, so it's either pay $50 to transfer it to another FFL, that doesn't req HQL, and then pay their transfer fee on top of it......or just go pay the $50 + live scan fee and just get the HQL......

REALLY kinda of pissed that I'm essentially getting forced into my HQL at the expense of my reciever transfer....for a RIFLE

The answer from now on is 80%

drill press or router and a jig will be under 200 bucks. You can buy anderson 80%ers on sale for 40 bucks

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    I think it is a he said she said. MSP says they stand by whats on their website and it's current. FFL says they were "told" by MSP that they need to write HBAR or PISTOL at the top of the 77R.

My stance is it is a receiver, doesnt matter what I build it into, thats my issue, it leaves their store as a receiver.

All in all, the math doesnt make sense for me to buy another lower, or transfer it to another FLL and pay two fees just to spite the FFL. I am just going to eat the $100 an get the HQL (probably have to get it eventually anyways), go get my "PISTOL" and never step foot in the facility again. Plenty of other IPs and FFLs that would love the biz..

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Lowers are not classified as HBAR. Pistol, Rifle, or Other.
    AFAIK.
    MSP sounds like they are full of sh*t, which is nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom