• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Absolutely NOTHING, that's what. Same goes for anyone at a crosswalk.
    Vehicular Homicide is an easy thing to accomplish, and the weapon of choice is literally sitting on the side of the road everywhere you go. You can't get rid of it no matter what argument you try to come up with, and you can't protect yourself from it by wearing kevlar, ceramic, or steel plates.

Well said. According to military strategists Wang and Stamper (2002):

In a debate on disarmament in the House of Commons, Stanley Baldwin, Conservative leader and at that time the Lord President of the Council, claimed that “[n]o power on earth can protect the man in the street from being bombed. Whatever people may tell him, the bomber will always get through.” Quoted in Uri Bialer, The Shadow of the Bomber: The Fear of Air Attack and British Politics, 1932 – 1939, London, UK: Royal Historical Society, 1980, p. 14 (p. 177).

Reference,
    Wang, V. W. & Stamper, G. (2002). Asymmetric war? Implications for China's information warfare strategies. American Asian Review, 20(4), 167. Retrieved from http://eds.a.ebscohost.com.ezproxy....9d-d27e333c95e7@sessionmgr4003&vid=4&hid=4111

CZ TAIJI

Sep 10, 2014
    brooklyn, md.
    They should be afraid of us imho, but..

Our Government is more afraid of its Citizens (Subjects?) than anything else.

well, yes & know. they do fear citizens in a remote and distant way based on our potential to awaken.

Yet, they know such a great job has been done to create SHEEPLE, that many of those sheeple will help them more and more to inhibit their own freedoms.

the testing they do to implement these sinister plans is ongoing and the proof it works has already been revealed with the patriot act and the ability to suspend habeas corpus

I'd like to see American's wake up so that the gov't has a real and legit threat to be overhauled to favor the people like it was meant to do. occupy has a valid point and this valid point has spooked the puppets of serious power. it has not frightened the string pullers though. imho we need to change that imho.:thumbsup:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Bump: Hillary edition.

The names have changed, the spin has changed, but the proposals have not.
    This pre-dates the Curran doc by a good bit (1994) but there was an interesting takeaway that came up in the first two pages:

"As much as I hate to say it, the NRA is effective primarily because it is largely right when it claims that most gun control laws inconvenience and threaten the law-abiding while having little or no impact on violent crime or criminals."

It's interesting to actually see that the libs know that they are fundamentally wrong when it comes to matters of gun control.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    Control ,period. Has nothing to do with stopping crime. Firearms in law abiding citizens possession stop tyrannical governments.
    That's why these Communists go after the 2A.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    These documents hopefully will play a role in the HQL lawsuit. If and when filed. The plan and its execution.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Largely, in MD, the things outlined in that document have come to pass.

Explains a lot :sad20:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I forgot that was posted here; will have to sit down and read it soon. There should be plenty of false premises and inaccuracies upon which it is based. Also, I wonder how litigators might use it as documentary evidence of a plan that's been carried to enact legislation based on ideology rather than reality, and not passing legal muster when restricting Constitutional rights.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    "As much as I hate to say it, the NRA is effective primarily because it is largely right when it claims that most gun control laws inconvenience and threaten the law-abiding while having little or no impact on violent crime or criminals."
    It's interesting to actually see that the libs know that they are fundamentally wrong when it comes to matters of gun control.

This may help to explain it....
    "Recently, a few political scientists have begun to discover a human tendency deeply discouraging to anyone with faith in the power of information. It’s this: Facts don’t necessarily have the power to change our minds. In fact, quite the opposite. In a series of studies in 2005 and 2006, researchers at the University of Michigan found that when misinformed people, particularly political partisans, were exposed to corrected facts in news stories, they rarely changed their minds. In fact, they often became even more strongly set in their beliefs. Facts, they found, were not curing misinformation. Like an underpowered antibiotic, facts could actually make misinformation even stronger."
    How facts backfire - Researchers discover a surprising threat to democracy: our brains

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Largely, in MD, the things outlined in that document have come to pass.

Explains a lot :sad20:

What explains a LOT is that Curran's son-in-law was our very own Martin O'Malley and that daughter-dearest, Katie O'Malley, had him by the balls after his rumored hush-hush, baby-daddy affair with a Baltimore TV personality. As a Democrat shoe-in to run against Gov. Ehrlich, he was a ready-made foil for Curran's 'Call to Arms'. Hell hath no fury ...

Probe Sought Of O'Malley Affair Rumors

He (and she) very publically denied it, then his sycophants in Annapolis circled the wagons ...

Sen. Brian E. Frosh (D-Montgomery) said he will ask top lawmakers to grant him subpoena power to conduct hearings into what he called "the Watergate-style dirty tricks" used to smear O'Malley, a Democrat who is laying the groundwork to run for governor in 2006.

"Anybody [in the governor's office] who says they didn't know about it is full of it," said Del. Robert A. Zirkin (D-Baltimore County).

Maryland Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. (D-Calvert) said he expects the governor to take immediate steps to prevent the destruction of documents or computer files.

Of course, that was all just wild speculation. :innocent0

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    "Recently, a few political scientists have begun to discover a human tendency deeply discouraging to anyone with faith in the power of information. It’s this: Facts don’t necessarily have the power to change our minds. In fact, quite the opposite. In a series of studies in 2005 and 2006, researchers at the University of Michigan found that when misinformed people, particularly political partisans, were exposed to corrected facts in news stories, they rarely changed their minds. In fact, they often became even more strongly set in their beliefs. Facts, they found, were not curing misinformation. Like an underpowered antibiotic, facts could actually make misinformation even stronger."
    How facts backfire - Researchers discover a surprising threat to democracy: our brains

Hmm... Interesting. And frightening.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Hmm... Interesting. And frightening.

Equally concerning are Marxists' ever-evolving moral ethos. Combine a reactionary that lacks a fixed moral compass and you've got the makings of the French Revolution or the Third Reich or Communism or....

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

I wouldn't limit that threat to democracy to just political partisans. Rush calls this phenomena 'low information voter', but basically it's anyone who believes something without question, or just goes along with the crowd without thinking and are easily manipulated ... Basically sheeple, and the only way that will convince them otherwise is a significant emotional event ... aka karma. Or in the case of Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin ... well, you know.:innocent0

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I wouldn't limit that threat to democracy to just political partisans. Rush calls this phenomena 'low information voter', but basically it's anyone who believes something without question, or just goes along with the crowd without thinking and are easily manipulated ... Basically sheeple, and the only way that will convince them otherwise is a significant emotional event ... aka karma. Or in the case of Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin ... well, you know.:innocent0

To me, "low information voter" equates to the average American, who's too busy raising a family and trying to keep a job to be engaged in politics. It's the [leftist] politicians who're problematic in terms of their dog-like inability to let go of a specious bone-of-belief even after they've agreed it was specious. And, increasingly, those're the people in control of the White House, the Supreme Court, the Maryland GA, the city of Baltimore/Detroit/Ferguson, Microsoft, Tesla, etc. And what the schools're churning out is even worse than that. So, barring a cataclysmic event, I see little hope of [positive] reset for at least a generation.

Lightyear68

Feb 1, 2016
    This post alarms me, but there is hope.

I recently joined an outdoor gun range in PA. They accept new joins each quarter. The day I joined there were over 300 others signing up. The club president's welcome address stated that membership has steadily grown during the last 8 years [not a coincidence], and they have no plans to restrict membership. In fact, they plan to keep expanding as needed across their 100 plus acres.

It was reassuring to be around like-minded people who value the 2A. It's hard to explain, but I felt like I was part of a movement. There were no Rambos or antigovernment fanatics--just regular men and women who want to protect their families with firearms.

I'm doing my part by taking a few friends and neighbors next quarter. And by encouraging them to vote for pro 2A candidates.

I encourage everyone to consider taking some form of action to preserve our 2A rights. Every bit helps.

Last edited:

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    This post alarms me, but there is hope.

I recently joined an outdoor gun range in PA. They accept new joins each quarter. The day I joined there were over 300 others signing up. The club president's welcome address stated that membership has steadily grown during the last 8 years [not a coincidence], and they have no plans to restrict membership. In fact, they plan to keep expanding as needed across their 100 plus acres.

It was reassuring to be around like-minded people who value the 2E. It's hard to explain, but I felt like I was part of a movement. There were no Rambos or antigovernment fanatics--just regular men and women who want to protect their families with firearms.

I'm doing my part by taking a few friends and neighbors next quarter. And by encouraging them to vote for pro 2E candidates.

I encourage everyone to consider taking some form of action to preserve our 2E rights. Every bit helps.

2E???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom