• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I am a big walther fan, I have 3 of them, but I don't think I'll buy another. I love the paddle mag release, now that walther has gone away from it, theres plenty of other options out there for me.

This. Loooove the paddle mag release :(

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Ooooooh....sweet! I have a PPQ M2 and a PPS and love them both. May have to look at this one! Please update with a range report.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Ladies and gentlemen, I call this love at first sight.

http://www.carl-walther.de/cw.php?lang=en&content=products&sub=2&subsub=22&product=1975

508.00.00_1.jpg

Is the CCP on the assinine MD firearms roster yet? Oooops...never mind...the gun hasn't been released yet.

Last edited:

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Walthers are the some of the best looking and feeling guns out there. I just wish they weren't so temperamental. I'll go with an ugly Glock over the Walther any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know everyone has different experiences, but I have a P99c AS and am waiting for my first FTL, FTF, or FTE. I even shoot steel cased Wolf and, so far, all have chambered, fired, and ejected. Best handling 9mm I own.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I know everyone has different experiences, but I have a P99c AS and am waiting for my first FTL, FTF, or FTE. I even shoot steel cased Wolf and, so far, all have chambered, fired, and ejected. Best handling 9mm I own.

I have similar experiences with a first gen PPQ and the P99 AS, both in 9mm. Great pistols; highly reliable. The P99C AS is supposedly being vetted by the Maryland Handgun Roster board soon. Seems to be close in dimensions to this new release, but I believe has the advantage of being able to take PPQ and P99 mags.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Man Walther has really changed over the years their direct blowback action guns waffenampts from WWII were great but these new guns look like something from aliens the movie!!!

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Ditto with me and my PPS. It's been totally reliable.

These might look funny, but so does the PPQ and dammned if that isn't one of the most purely comfortable, controllable, and easy to shoot pistols ever. (For me, at least.) Someone at Walther really did their ergonomics homework on those, and if these are anything like it they'll be fantastic.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    The different operating system, the gas-delayed blowback action is interesting and hopefully it will help mitigate recoil which for a lot of shooters will really help but I don't know why I don't know why anyone would buy this gun based on size alone. It's a single stack P99c. If you are going to make the gun single stack make it slim which they already did and called it the PPS.

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    I cant understand why people have issue with the loos of the walther pistols, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions, but they are wrong, the pistols look fine and have seemed to function flawlessly for me and the ergonomics are great, I always say the ppq is the striker fired hk p30, and both are top notch... I am patiently waiting to find a ccp in md and think it will be a worthwhile gun.... just my two cents, someone can come along and tell me I am wrong though....

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I cant understand why people have issue with the loos of the walther pistols, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions, but they are wrong, the pistols look fine and have seemed to function flawlessly for me and the ergonomics are great, I always say the ppq is the striker fired hk p30, and both are top notch... I am patiently waiting to find a ccp in md and think it will be a worthwhile gun.... just my two cents, someone can come along and tell me I am wrong though....

:party29: I have the PPS and PPQ M2, both in 9mm. Absolutely love both guns and they have been flawless for me. I will be waiting patiently for the CCP to finally arrive.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    In case you don't have one, this ...

http://grabagun.com/catalog/product/view/id/96426

is available and on the roster. Terrific firearm. :innocent0

All fine and dandy, but the ccp was of particular interest because of the gas system and low weight of pull to charge it. Mom liked the idea as right now she can freely charge just the ar pistol and usp 45.

I'm quite happy with my ppq m2. Trigger makes double taps almost second nature.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD

Glad to hear your experience with the P99C AS. I just purchased one on GB and haven't even had a chance to handle it yet - it is still in transit to my FFL. Have a couple of other Walthers (PPQ, PPS, PPK/S, P1) and never had any issues with any of them so I'm hoping the P99C has the same quality.

As for the CCP, I was really excited about this gun until I saw a youtube video on disassembly - since then I decided to pass (hence the purchase of the P99C).

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    What's the disassembly issue?

It requires a special tool to disassemble - you have to hold the slide back a little with one hand and then use the tool to push in a retaining clip on the striker block, then you can lift the slide off the frame. I already have a couple of special tools that are required to take down a couple of compact 1911s and I'm always losing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom