• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I am lucky my wife hasnt caught onto my layaway and pay next month strategy to keep it spread out.

Though to be honest I am going to have to knock it off soon!

Cant blame here, she just doesnt see the priorities the way I do in the nearterm regarding firearms and doesnt understand why I cant just buy what I want later.

cowboy477989

Ceciltucky Member
    Nov 7, 2008
    Summerfield, NC
    the most expensive safe is not anywhere near as expensive as a messy divorce! go buy the SAFE!! :party29:

Been looking at safes for the last couple of weeks. I've narrowed it down to a few. Still haven't made my mind up yet. I don't think she would acually divorce me but she might make me sleep in the garage for a week or two.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I'm heading up there around 9am. The step dad and I will prob hit a local watering hole after we're done (yes, we will drink prior to 12noon if necessary). I've got a hall pass until 1 today :party29:

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Been looking at safes for the last couple of weeks. I've narrowed it down to a few. Still haven't made my mind up yet. I don't think she would acually divorce me but she might make me sleep in the garage for a week or two.

Do you belong to Costco? they have a decent digital gun safe there thats not too expensive. Or you could buy online and they would deliver.
    best thing about Costco is it is LIFETIME gaurentee if you ever don't like it simply return it! Except electronics

http://www.costco.com/Common/Search...e=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Dicks sporting goods has some good deals, i am happy with my 28 gun stack-on safe that i got for 599.00, 1hr fire and also water resistant.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2292630

As far as being able to tell other members at shows/etc, wear the shirts. I'm waiting hear back about getting one but i would think that wearing the shirts to a show would give easy recognition and more ppl would see it be interested and join.

Id even be interested in a black ball cap with the logo on the front if someone does them in the future. maybe even ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ arching over the hole in the back of the hat.

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    thanks for the input guys.... looks like I'll pass this one and Timonium and wait for York at the end of the month.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Small show, but in all my years in this area, first time in the armory. Managed to pick up a cheap sleeve for the shotgun and a decent rifle cleaning kit for $8. I did see that blazer 50/$15..:rolleyes:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Went in this morning, got a good deal on .303 from JSW, didn't see another thing I needed. Probably wasn't there 20 minutes.

futureseabee

CTT not seabee anymore
    Aug 18, 2008
    Va Beach
    I got back
    bought a 1903 springfield Rock Island low serial number wynman sights
    and a Inland M1 Carbine
    and 192 rounds of 30.06

i saw that carbine effing sweet dude
    oh and jaybeez i like your lil girl too...
    +1 on the name tag idea get it with plastic cover and they would last forever

cowboy477989

Ceciltucky Member
    Nov 7, 2008
    Summerfield, NC
    Do you belong to Costco? they have a decent digital gun safe there thats not too expensive. Or you could buy online and they would deliver.
    best thing about Costco is it is LIFETIME gaurentee if you ever don't like it simply return it! Except electronics

http://www.costco.com/Common/Search...e=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US

I shop at costco all the time. I looked at the safe they had. Wasn't to bad. I need to talk to the wife to find out how much I am alowed to spend.

ChrisR/T

Resident Beer Snob
    Oct 30, 2008
    Las Vegas, from Hazard County
    WEnt last night and noticed a lot of super high prices, nothing really caught my eye. Did see a nice RIA 1911 .45 for 475, thinking about going back tomorrow to see if they still have it..might come home with it (kind of, lol)

Ammo was expensive, EBR's that were there were 1250+

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    JSW.
    It was nice to see you for a moment today. Sorry we didn't have a chance to talk more. I've had a bad cold for the past few days and wasn't feeling all that well. Didn't want others to get it so I didn't stay long.

The show was OK, but some items on folk's tables were way overpriced IMHO. For example I saw some CCI 22 MiniMags for $12/bx. Picked up a couple of boxes on the way home for $6.50 at Wally World.

But Y'all need to go meet and support JSW! He's a great guy and he's one of US! :D

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    thanks for the compliments. I had several customers asked about 22lr I did not have any,I told most of them that the Abingdon Walmart had them Fed box of 500 for 14-15.00 which was cheaper than I could get them. Got some shocked looks from some when I told them that. Oh well sometimes I can beat out the box stores and sometimes I can't.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    anyone coming the the show, when you stop by my table introduce yourself. I have lower prices for members.

I appreciate you taking care of me today. For those of you who haven't met JSW, he's a Class 1, Stand-Up guy. When you get more 7.62x54, let me know.

RingKnocker48

Feb 5, 2009
    Land of the Hons
    Just wondering if anyone happened to see any Cx4's, Kel Tec Sub 2000's , or even a Hi Point carbine. I am still hunting for a decent 9mm or .40. Just wondering if it would be worth the trip. Thanks in advance for any information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom